What's new

AGE NYChris G Wins Injustice: Gods Among Us at Road to EVO Event, Community Effort Orlando 2013

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Lets just agree that ChrisG is probably the greatest fighting game player ever.

So damn good at every game he plays.

I wouldn't doubt one bit that he would be amazing at FPS in tourneys if he had a solid team around him.

GOAT

coolwhip

Noob
Also, everyone, do yourselves a favor and watch PL vs. KDZ. That was one of the best sets of Injustice with the best ending I've seen in the game's young history. 16 Bit popping off for Carl is always hilarious too.

That tournament had some great sets. I still prefer MK (especially when it comes to playing it), but I really disagree with those who don't think Injustice is hella fun to watch.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
God I hope they dont nerf Green Arrow again after this. I swear to God folks its just Chris G being Chris G not the character. Green Arrow rewards punish style players who have good reads and blocking. Its what his tools do as he is not designed for damage and his high low mixups are scoutable. Chris G just has insane enough fundamentals to make him work.

Please buff him next time ;_;

ReZo

MKX
F0xy's argument was that you have to play Scorpion's game to beat him.

Chris G's footsies were relatively uncompromised each time he fought Scorpion, nor did they look like he had to force himself to do anything he wouldn't normally do.

ChrisG himself tweeted that Superman and Scorpion were retarted. He also said that Scorpion players are not even playing him right. So when they level up, imagine the damage. Especially when 4 out of the top 6 players used scorpion as their main at CEO. Scorpion won't be able to lame out players with the fundamentals that ChrisG has, he is the reason we have to train so hard for each tourney.

And now everyone will say scorpion is fine even though he was part of 4 of the top 5 players main character in usage...

1st-Chris G (No scorpion)
2nd- PL (Scorpion)
3rd- KDZ (No scorpion)
4th- Deg (Scorpion)
5th- REO (Scorpion)
5th- JR (Scorpion

So i guess technically 4 of top 6. Seems fine.
Makes sense, considering that out of all the Scorpions in top 8 being played by top tier players, Green Arrow still won.

Apparently Chris G didn't waste a bunch of time crying for Scorpion to be banned, and instead learned how to overcome the matchup. Scorpion might still be a ridiculous character in this game, but Chris G proved that picking Scorpion isn't pressing the win button.

I know that's a tough pill to swallow for today's Obama society, so if someone has a better theory on this I'd love to hear it.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
ChrisG himself tweeted that Superman and Scorpion were retarted. He also said that Scorpion players are not even playing him right. So when they level up, imagine the damage. Especially when 4 out of the top 6 players used scorpion as their main at CEO. Scorpion won't be able to lame out players with the fundamentals that ChrisG has, he is the reason we have to train so hard for each tourney.
I saw the tweet. Mentioning Superman alongside him says more about what/who he hates fighting against, not a character uncombatably (for lack of a better word) breaking a game.

So the OP says

Top 8 results:

FNATIC|Perfect Legend (Scorpion/Doomsday) vs AK Saltface (Harley Quinn) 2-1
AGE NYChris G (Green Arrow) vs VXG|EMP REO (Batman) 2-0
AGE NYChris G (Green Arrow) vs FNATIC|Perfect Legend (Batgirl/Batman) 2-1
!!!!!!!!!!!KDZ (Superman) vs Rico Suave (Black Adam) 1-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AK Saltface (Harley Quinn) vs VxG|EMP CD Jr (Scorpion) 0-2
VxG|EMP CD Jr (Superman/Killer Frost) vs Deg (Scorpion) 0-2
VxG|EMP KDZ (Superman) vs VxG|EMP REO (Wonder Woman) 2-0
VxG|EMP KDZ (Superman) vs Deg (Scorpion) 2-1
VxG|EMP KDZ (Superman) vs FNATIC|Perfect Legend (Scorpion/Batman) 2-3
AGE NYChris G (Green Arrow) vs FNATIC|Perfect Legend (Black Adam/Scorpion/Cyborg) 3-1

I mean I thought it was far from a draw:)

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Superman, Scorpion, and Black Adam all up there near the top 8. What happened did all the Green Lantern players drop him for Scorpion because it used to be Black Adam, Superman, Green Lantern everytime I turned on a stream.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Just like to say a few things:
  • Great Job Chris G, fuck up those Superman/Batman/Scorpion players
  • Props to Saltface for using Harley Quinn!
  • Props to REO for using Wonder Woman!
  • To everyone using Scorpion, lol.
So does anyone have youtube videos up of Chris G's matches for this tourney?

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Lol at scrubs losing to scorpion. Don't you know? Just block low all day! He does hellfire? Just jump on reaction noob!! Buff scorpion!!

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I also love how one amazing fighting game player doesn't win with scorpion and suddenly scorpion is ok. You kids and your silliness

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
You know what's amazing is ChrisG plays this game the same way he does every game. Low damage, high consistency, mix-ups/wake-ups.

Is this a serious question? And to clarify, Low Arrow is 0 onblock and standing is +3. His 3 viable strings are + too, why wasting an Ice Arrow on block? GA is the D+1 King, if the Ice Arrow is blocked, d+1xxGreen Arrow until it hits, cause it´s +28 on hit, free mixup

I asked that question with the information that was provided to me. And ChrisG did end his strings in ice arrow once in a while and it caught people actually. having your ice arrow blocked is worst case scenario.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
In this tournament everyone except Chris G played bad - really bad.
Lot of nonsense decisions in the character selection screen, lots of combo missed, lot of bad choices in many decisive spots.
Reo doesn't use Scorpion because "he doesn't care" lol, CD JR. picks Frost and doesn't even know how to use her...PL randomly goes with Cyborg - Flash - Batman without a reason.
Of course Scorpion didn't win, lol.

Also....you say the end of KDZ vs PL was hype, but to me it looked like KDZ can't even think when it really matters, his final f23 was an extremely bad choice.
Same for the end of the Chris G - Noobe game....what was that supernova for? very stupid, but many of you here think that was hype too....whatever.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
In this tournament everyone except Chris G played bad - really bad.
Lot of nonsense decisions in the character selection screen, lots of combo missed, lot of bad choices in many decisive spots.
Reo doesn't use Scorpion because "he doesn't care" lol, CD JR. picks Frost and doesn't even know how to use her...PL randomly goes with Cyborg - Flash - Batman without a reason.
Of course Scorpion didn't win, lol.

Also....you say the end of KDZ vs PL was hype, but to me it looked like KDZ can't even think when it really matters, his final f23 was an extremely bad choice.
Same for the end of the Chris G - Noobe game....what was that supernova for? very stupid, but many of you here think that was hype too....whatever.
You speak a lot of truth. I can't believe so many people found the end of Chris vs Noobe that hype either.. Not only is it well known that up arrows beats the supernova clean, but Chris has done it in multiple other tournaments too. Good stuff to Chris for being ready for it though (1 saved meter in clash should be a huge clue though:p)

Endding

You picked a bad time to get lost friend
Chris G <3

To be honest, a lesson learned from my perspective is always stick with your main.

Like a commentator said, "None of this counter-pick bullshit." ( probs out of context lel )

Wouldn't be suprised if Scorpion drops off the map, especially with the patch coming.