What's new

AGE NYChris G Wins Injustice: Gods Among Us at Road to EVO Event, Community Effort Orlando 2013

KDZ

It's amore, BABY.
In this tournament everyone except Chris G played bad - really bad.
Lot of nonsense decisions in the character selection screen, lots of combo missed, lot of bad choices in many decisive spots.
Reo doesn't use Scorpion because "he doesn't care" lol, CD JR. picks Frost and doesn't even know how to use her...PL randomly goes with Cyborg - Flash - Batman without a reason.
Of course Scorpion didn't win, lol.

Also....you say the end of KDZ vs PL was hype, but to me it looked like KDZ can't even think when it really matters, his final f23 was an extremely bad choice.
Same for the end of the Chris G - Noobe game....what was that supernova for? very stupid, but many of you here think that was hype too....whatever.

Ok, so I've read a few of these comments because it's been brought to my attention. So let me clear up all this talk about the final f23 choice.

After Superman super, when done frame perfect, F23 locks you from anything but backdash. This includes trying to jump away. I correctly read PL's attempt to jump away, and failed to do a frame-perfect F23 there.

This was the source of my frustration at the loss. Right read... and a mistake of a single frame or two in execution under extreme pressure.

It wasn't a "stupid f23", or "an extremely bad choice". It was a matter of me trusting my read 100%, and my ability 100%, and putting it all on the line.

I came up short. And I'm sorry to everyone who was behind me.

coolwhip

Noob
Ok, so I've read a few of these comments because it's been brought to my attention. So let me clear up all this talk about the final f23 choice.

After Superman super, when done frame perfect, F23 locks you from anything but backdash. This includes trying to jump away. I correctly read PL's attempt to jump away, and failed to do a frame-perfect F23 there.

This was the source of my frustration at the loss. Right read... and a mistake of a single frame or two in execution under extreme pressure.

It wasn't a "stupid f23", or "an extremely bad choice". It was a matter of me trusting my read 100%, and my ability 100%, and putting it all on the line.

You don't have to justify yourself to an armchair critic. It was an extremely well-played set. Good job to you both.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco

I didn't know f23 after super beats everything except backdash if done frame perfect. Couldn't PL do a wake up parry - slide and beat f23?

Mad respect to you man. You played a great superman all weekend. Best of luck to you in future events.

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
TB uses Aquaman and he has said that he could beat scorpion, you people gotta stop miss quoting... also

AGE|NYChrisG: Before this becomes old news, Superman and Scorpion are still [dumb]. As for Scorpion, no one knows how to really use him at all.

Vigil906: The question concerning Scorpion is... do you need to?

AGE|NYChrisG: He can be very defensive, which is more scary.

TB uses Aquaman and he has said that he could beat scorpion, you people gotta stop miss quoting... also

Seriously, *this*. I listened to Tom Brady on the mop up podcast repeat for an hour that he probably thinks, with Aquaman, he can level up and take on Scorpion. His argument that Scorpion should be banned and/or patched is because he mops up too much of the rest of the cast and he's able to damn near ignore the spacing and flow of the game.
He wants scorpion fixed because right now, whether you agree or disagree, he thinks Scorpion is hurting the game and hindering its growth.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink

Beastly superman, props man i was impressed.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem

EVO 2013

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.

Dude your Superman is on another level. Your amazing spacing and sick set ups. These fools don't know how great you, and only you, play the character. No other Superman at CEO could compare to yours. NO OTHER. KDZ Superman>All other fraud Supermen.

skumz

And now everyone will say scorpion is fine even though he was part of 4 of the top 5 players main character in usage...

1st-Chris G (No scorpion)
2nd- PL (Scorpion)
3rd- KDZ (No scorpion)
4th- Deg (Scorpion)
5th- REO (Scorpion)
5th- JR (Scorpion

So i guess technically 4 of top 6. Seems fine.

All those damn scorpions. Lol!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

skumz

I'm afraid they'll nerf Green Arrow again cuz of Chris...shit...
Correct me if I am wrong but green arrow really doesn't having anything that makes him a dominant character to which he needs to be nerfed. ChrisG is just that damn good! Unless you are just kidding with me.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
Correct me if I am wrong but green arrow really doesn't having anything that makes him a dominant character to which he needs to be nerfed. ChrisG is just that damn good! Unless you are just kidding with me.

he doesn't, they already made Arrow low tier, but things could get even worse