What's new

General/Other - Kano After the patch/hotfix: Here's my opinion on Kano

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
O ok you meant the opinion on the dvorah MU. I thought you meant opinion on kano in general lol.

I have trouble in dvorah MU but I Dont have any serious dvorah mains to play against so I Dont have much experience
What I learned when I went to training mode is that I have to use cybernetic because I cannot beat her low pokes with my own. It's just too difficult. Since she cant low profile my mid projectile, I need it. Cutthroat and Commando have high projectiles so that allows her to do what she wants to do anyway (d1,d3,d4 when I approach which means I will NEVER get back a lifelead). I need the mid. The problem I was having was mostly the spray, but I see now that it's just an online thing and i have to get used to the timing. She's -17 on block so I have to react well to when she stops so I can punish properly. As I thought, it's not a losing fight. I think it's even. A little annoying without knowledge but definitely even.

kraezyx

I never considered you at all.
What stops her from just doing reversal puddle that's +22 on block and running to you though? She can also lowprofile on a read with the Outbreak string.

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
Just slightly run up and then keep throwing knives, the puddle is only an issue if you just stand there and let her use it. And if she's gunna low profile with a STRING thats not very viable, if i dont throw a knife i can reaction Kano ball and she'll lose even more life than she would have lost by getting hit or taking chip.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
The biggest fix for Kano was hem god damn whiffing issue
This is great for Kano's stagger/cmd grab pressure

Why is there a gap in the 112 string?

The most dmg I can from 34 Ex throw is 34% not the greatest,
But now off an anti B1 and 1 bar you get 37% dmg now which is nice

Last edited:

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
As I've mentioned on several different occasions, I honestly feel that Kano is a very delicate character that if buffed the wrong way, he'll skyrocket to the top. This is what we've seen in the patch but before the hotfix in Cutthroat Kano. Fast forwarding to now, where the hotfix is out. here is what I think about Kano in each variation.

Let's start with commando: The buff was cool, but I'm not gunna say that this buff is game changing because the damage scales too hard in combos, and the stand 3 doesn't have the best range. The more optimized combos that have been figured out pre patch are still better and more damaging. The hugest buff to this variation was the general fix to the up ball. More mind games can be played now and I am more than content.

Cybernetic: Overall I think this variation got buffed the most. The EX up laser adds massive damage in the corner. Which I don't believe was completely necessary but it's definitely a help to the variation.

Cutthroat: Cutthroat's new EX Buff as I now see is slightly nerfed. But that's ok. This is just something different to work with. It can be applied in several ways to make it devastating. I'll miss the huge damage but I don't think it was completely necessary given his toolset. The overhead and low starters are both safe on block without having to use meter. Safe high lows with 50% is not something he needs. and he can do without. There are benefits, there are flaws. But it is still great to me.

Overall I rank Kano right now with improvement from A Tier to A+. The fix to the up ball was the most important change to me across the board. I am happy with Kano. I hope you are too.

Coach Steve
Cyber now get massive damage with the change to my up laser? It's only a couple % more than what he could get before. Cyber got the worst deal in the recent patch imo.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
The biggest fix for Kano was hem god damn whiffing issue
This is great for Kano's stagger/cmd grab pressure

Why is there a gap in the 112 string?

The most dmg I can from 34 Ex throw is 34% not the greatest,
But now off an anti B1 and 1 bar you get 37% dmg now which is nice
The whiff issues were barely addressed if at all. in commando anyway

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
Don't you love getting your armored command grab full combo punished because they used a certain string?
yeah...Doing D4xxExGrab will minimize the whiffs; but I've still had some strings thats have multiple hits come out quickly just make the grab whiff. That lack of priority on grabs isn't even what I was talking about either lol. Watching First attack SFIV top 8 brought a tear to my eye. So many effective grapplers being used with different playstyles....

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
yeah...Doing D4xxExGrab will minimize the whiffs; but I've still had some strings thats have multiple hits come out quickly just make the grab whiff. That lack of priority on grabs isn't even what I was talking about either lol. Watching First attack SFIV top 8 brought a tear to my eye. So many effective grapplers being used with different playstyles....
Yeah it'd be easier to be an efficient grappler if the grapples were efficient. Thanks Obama.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
How many bars? I could do 44% with one bar before the patch, and it's all I need.

49-50% for 2 bars is nice to close out a match but highly situational.
I'm pretty sure its one bar. Its in this thread somewhere.

I think it goes 112 db1 b312 b312 112 ex up laser f3 1+3 to leave them restanding
Someone please correct me if in wrong and I think you might even do njp after ex up laser

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Wait is the armor back now?
Haha yea it's back! I was in the lab testing out some options and I forgot to turn off WU's that I was practicing, and when I EX Buffed I armor'd it. So then I checked it out and saw that it has armor again. Crazy lol but it's 100% back.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
What I learned when I went to training mode is that I have to use cybernetic because I cannot beat her low pokes with my own. It's just too difficult. Since she cant low profile my mid projectile, I need it. Cutthroat and Commando have high projectiles so that allows her to do what she wants to do anyway (d1,d3,d4 when I approach which means I will NEVER get back a lifelead). I need the mid. The problem I was having was mostly the spray, but I see now that it's just an online thing and i have to get used to the timing. She's -17 on block so I have to react well to when she stops so I can punish properly. As I thought, it's not a losing fight. I think it's even. A little annoying without knowledge but definitely even.
B2 and F4 are your best friends in the D'Vorah matchup since F4 low crushes D4 and can even low crush D3 if you time it right and B2 is great for whiff punishing most of her moves. Didn't see you use them too much in the set so just thought you might want to know :)