What's new

General/Other - Kano After the patch/hotfix: Here's my opinion on Kano

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yea that's the thing, and through all my rage I was too upset to even talk about it anymore. It literally is exactly the same as the regular buff, with a much tighter armor window, drains up to 15% health, and does so much less damage that I see other characters 1 bar BnB's do equal damage to EX Buff midscreen combos. So then what's the point of it now? All they did was take an amazing tool and render it massively inferior and erase some of it's utility altogether.

How are you spending a bar to buff up to 42% damage while losing health? Why are you spending a bar on block for frames and a health loss when EX Knives is already -9? Wtf is this? Lmao! Imagine if Bane was buffing up to Level 3 to do 42% midscreen while having to manual turn off it's draining health, @Doombawkz would have died lol.
I would've made tech to make it better or more efficient. :p But that was basically what 1.03 Bane was

M2Dave

Zoning Master
@General M2Dave since you're the closest thing to a Hollywood Kano representative. Can you have a segment on the next KTP asking for NRS to apologize for Kano?
We will briefly discuss all character changes. I think Cutthroat is probably Kano's best variation by far. I have no idea how good Commando is. Cybernetic is lackluster and unworthy. Any variation with limited offense struggles in this game. Kitana is arguably the only exception to this rule.

WATCHD0G

Noob
damn this was the most mature reaction to the patch i have seen.

but yeah i do agree with you. Kano is the most solid character overall in my opinion, he's not broken but he's also not close to shit either

Reactions: SPY
@MrInsaynne
right before the hotfix were you able to do the overhead if they blocked the first 50/50? i couldve sworn it was possible. im trying it now and the overhead whiffs. whats the point in doing the ex buff against pressure characters when they can just block low. then wait for their turn and do massive chip on top of the 15% that im going lose. the hot fix was necessary but they did it wrong imo. we didnt ask for a buff as a community. only thing i seen that could be fixed was giving him slight range on his overhead but still that would probably make him top ten.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
@MrInsaynne
right before the hotfix were you able to do the overhead if they blocked the first 50/50? i couldve sworn it was possible. im trying it now and the overhead whiffs.
I'll let him answer the rest, but this part is important that people did not notice.

On 8/31 there was some sort of change to Cutt B1. On block it was connecting on crouch blockers 9/10 times. Not only during the cancel, but on pressure even. On 9/1 after the nerf the B1 hitbox disappeared again to where you have to run cancel to be sure.

I'll let him answer the rest, but this part is important that people did not notice.

On 8/31 there was some sort of change to Cutt B1. On block it was connecting on crouch blockers 9/10 times. Not only during the cancel, but on pressure even. On 9/1 after the nerf the B1 hitbox disappeared again to where you have to run cancel to be sure.

That's shit lol. I really think Im going to have to switch my main. I was really liking Kano this last 2 months

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
That's shit lol. I really think Im going to have to switch my main. I was really liking Kano this last 2 months
Yea trust me if anyone can relate it's me haha. I love the character.

Some of us recently switched or switched at the patch though. I mean Kano still can put up a fight don't get me wrong, but if you want to do the dirty illegal stuff that you see in the game, you're gonna have to try out other characters for that.

kraezyx

I never considered you at all.
So, is the opinion the same after the ft5 with Honeybee's D'vorah? Any thoughts on the matchup and how to get in against her footsies?

Last edited:

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's
Probably slightly off topic, but Props to @MrInsaynne for playing an awesome cyber Kano on Pig's stream last night. That comeback round was super hype.

Definitely showed how dangerous a player is when they know Kano inside out. I hope you get some dirt to play with soon - your Kano is already scary good.

Last edited:

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
So, is the opinion the same after the ft5 with Honeybee's D'vorah? Any thoughts on the matchup and how to get in against her footsies?
Thats not a good set to go off of. I didn't know how to punish anything online and got destroyed for it. I don't know if the match up is good or bad yet.

Gofer_MK_

Banned
@MrInsaynne I have just watch your fight with EmperorJupiter (thanks to Dukmunky for the info) and I have to ask you something, why aren't you placing high on some major tournaments? Your Kano is insane. When will you be attending another tournament? I must watch more of your Kano. xD

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I missed the stream but the opinion on the cutthroat variation is probably still the same since he played cyber from what the other person posted. Unless your talking about the bottom 5 talk which I never agreed with in first place

Also props to @MrInsaynne for showing ppl kano is not bottom 5 keep up the good fight.

kraezyx

I never considered you at all.
I missed the stream but the opinion on the cutthroat variation is probably still the same since he played cyber from what the other person posted. Unless your talking about the bottom 5 talk which I never agreed with in first place.
You can find the stream on PigOfTheHut's past broadcasts. I was more curious on how to get in vs D'vorah and @MrInsaynne's opinion since it looked like her d3, d4, f2 seemed to shut down Kano's footsies pretty hard most the time.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
You can find the stream on PigOfTheHut's past broadcasts. I was more curious on how to get in vs D'vorah and @MrInsaynne's opinion since it looked like her d3, d4, f2 seemed to shut down Kano's footsies pretty hard most the time.

O ok you meant the opinion on the dvorah MU. I thought you meant opinion on kano in general lol.

I have trouble in dvorah MU but I Dont have any serious dvorah mains to play against so I Dont have much experience

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
BTW, can you guys stop making stuff up about buffs and nerfs? The pump up armor and b1 were literally never changed, I've asked around. You guys are making stuff up and it's super obnoxious.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
BTW, can you guys stop making stuff up about buffs and nerfs? The pump up armor and b1 were literally never changed, I've asked around. You guys are making stuff up and it's super obnoxious.
The B1 seemed different, but could have just been a placebo effect. Not sure when we only got to play a couple of hours before he was changed again.

The armor however was there, then gone, and then reappeared. I think almost everyone who plays the character, even Coach himself can attest to that.

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
@MrInsaynne I have just watch your fight with EmperorJupiter (thanks to Dukmunky for the info) and I have to ask you something, why aren't you placing high on some major tournaments? Your Kano is insane. When will you be attending another tournament? I must watch more of your Kano. xD
I can't attend everything. I'm in school. I win locally majority of the time if i compete in locals. I still dont have as much experience as I would like to have too. SCR is my next major but locals I'm not sure.

The B1 seemed different, but could have just been a placebo effect. Not sure when we only got to play a couple of hours before he was changed again.

The armor however was there, then gone, and then reappeared. I think almost everyone who plays the character, even Coach himself can attest to that.
Wait is the armor back now?