What's new

AE 2012 Changes

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I mostly like it because the cast is so huge for a Street Fighter.

Gamma

Plays too much Civ
I haven't seen this question fully answered yet. Is the game better balanced now or has the tier list simply shifted based on the new nerfs and buffs?

SLy

Noob
Truthfully there is no way to tell yet..From what im seeing they are trying to give the least played at characters (basically the bottom half of the tier list) more attention and make them more competitive for the tournament scene and it looks like there doing a good job...Its looking pretty balanced but none of us is going to really get to see whos OP until we get our hands on it..
To answer your question its looking pretty balanced right now

THTB

It's hard to say for sure, but a lot of characters really benefitted from this rebalance on paper. And a lot of the benefits were really just being restored mostly back to Super for some things. In the case of Guile, Honda, etc, the restorations were huge.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
i think deejays ability to link U1 from his super in 2012 is huge, unless i read the post wrong it potentially adds 400+ damage ON TOP of the super damage provided it's cancelled at the right time.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
It will be scaled like a mother
without doubt, but beforehand most deejays could ever really do with either ultra was dash cancel the climax beat, not only will this be easier, but i can see it doing the same (if not more) damage too, but time will tell i guess.

It's hard to say for sure, but a lot of characters really benefitted from this rebalance on paper. And a lot of the benefits were really just being restored mostly back to Super for some things. In the case of Guile, Honda, etc, the restorations were huge.

O GOD PLEASE NO LAME PLAY SSF4. Downback guiles/hondas were annoying to play and boring to watch. There are ways to make zoning work well but not have guile/honda matches lasting forever.

THTB

The Dee Jay buff is good because Dee Jay isn't meter-dependent as it is. There's really not much use to meter for Dee Jay other than extra damage potential. But U1 otherwise is meh, as it is, and blowing both meters for 500 damage only realistically once in a match is, well, yeah. What's big for Dee Jay is the CH-vulnerable frames on slasher being gone.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Finally got AE and now the 2012 update yesterday. Liking Cody's buffs, especially his walking speed.

THTB

Gouken's buffs are pretty good. Denjin buff, especially.

Evil Ryu's gonna be a serious contender. He gained a lot of good stuff.

I main Rose, and Im grateful for the upgrades she got, Ultra 2 just has better combo ability but is still not the get off me move it was in Super, I think choosing which ultra is def based on who she is facing now.

I actually prefer Ultra 1 right now overall tho.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
sorry to get off topic but

How do Capcom people complain about the changes in MK9, saying it keeps them from wanting to play it, when SF changes so damn often.

Pretty soon you're going to have: Alpha Super Street Fighter 4 Turbo 2012: June 3rd Gold Edition.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Gouken's buffs are pretty good. Denjin buff, especially.

Evil Ryu's gonna be a serious contender. He gained a lot of good stuff.
Evil Ryu's alt where he has long hair is so bad ass. Makes me want to main him just for that.

How do Capcom people complain about the changes in MK9, saying it keeps them from wanting to play it, when SF changes so damn often.

Pretty soon you're going to have: Alpha Super Street Fighter 4 Turbo 2012: June 3rd Gold Edition.
Well if MK9 actually changed the title every time they did a patch, we would actually have Major Ultimate Mortal Kombat Gold 9 v5. MK9 changes too often in a short amount of time. Where SF4 has only 4 "versions" in what 3-4 years? Where as MK9 hasn't even been out a full year and it's went through probably more patches and balances than SF4.

THTB

[MENTION=3429]PimpUigi[/MENTION] Zangief...

-Gets a soft knockdown on s.HP
-I think has a stun increase on SPD and EX GH
-Has a hitbox fix on c.LP
-Has a lower hurtbox during c.HK and d/f+HK...from what I checked, it pretty much is free vs like Sagat/Chun s.HK.

Sasuga

Noob
OMG I never realised it would be out these days! As a day 1 Juri main, I can't wait to try her out.

I hope the twins aren't bottom tier now. I never thought they were OP and I don't like how badly they got nerved.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
[MENTION=3429]PimpUigi[/MENTION] Zangief...

-Gets a soft knockdown on s.HP
-I think has a stun increase on SPD and EX GH
-Has a hitbox fix on c.LP
-Has a lower hurtbox during c.HK and d/f+HK...from what I checked, it pretty much is free vs like Sagat/Chun s.HK.
I'm still of the firm opinion that Zangief sucks without his vSF4 jump...and without his vortex.

THTB

OMG I never realised it would be out these days! As a day 1 Juri main, I can't wait to try her out.

I hope the twins aren't bottom tier now. I never thought they were OP and I don't like how badly they got nerved.
Twins are still good. The main thing that was nerfed with them was the overkill stuff, like GJ/SE damage, ease of getting in (Both of them had pretty powerful tools for getting in), and some extremely good normals. They had way too much, and the excess stuff was all that really was removed. They're still great characters.

Pimp, he's definitely not vanilla good still, but 2012 Gief is certainly still better than AE Gief. Due to all the changes involved, some of his more problematic matchups are certainly better (Akuma loses s.HK altogether, Sagat and Chun's s.HK can be outpoked better now, I'm pretty sure backdashes are a little less problematic due to s.HP buff, and he stuns opponents faster). He's arguably more tournament viable than even vanilla Gief due to all this.