What's new

AE 2012 Changes

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Wow I'm syked about both gouken and Hondas buffs.

Honda especially. Low head butt invincibility is a must for him. Extended hit box on heavy HHS! Praise god.

Victor

Noob
I'm still of the firm opinion that Zangief sucks without his vSF4 jump...and without his vortex.
I hear you there. I was pretty bummed after he lost his vortex too. I have been using him A LOT lately though (possible new main?) and I can tell you he is probably stronger now than he has ever been (just my opinion). Granted he has more tough matchups than 80-90% of the characters in the game and is one of the harder characters to use, he is still very viable.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Damn Cody got some nice buffs. My friend always made fun of me with "you and that damn knife", but these buffs just beg you to use that more now. I've been having tons of success with it. I just need to readjust to the game again since I haven't played it since mvc3 vanilla came out.

I love Ryu only wish Capcom gave him that Denjin Mode from UMVC3

All I know is that E.Ryu can cancel into a Tatsumaki from his F+MK but I dont think its possible to juggle it

~NAKM~

Tekken, SF4: AE, BB: CP, and Persona 4: Arena
Any changes on Juri? I can't go into SRK cuz for some reason it freezes up. Anyway, I did notice certain property changes in her FSE. A lot of people are saying she now has more options as far as linking shit to crank out more damage with FSE. With FSE aside, still have to master comboing with her fireballs. I can combo with one, but trying to get 2 or even all three in one single combo is very hard and situational. :-(

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I started playing this game again a little bit. I am anything but a high level SF player, but the game still seems to be too rush oriented. As I watch some Japanese AE 2012 matches, I get the impression that whoever gets the first knock down usually ends up winning the round.

By the way, Daigo says Akuma, Cammy, and Ryu are top tier characters.

[MENTION=2311]Sabin[/MENTION], what is your take on AE 2012 top tier characters and the game in general?

Sabin

Elder God
m2dave right now this is def the most balanced version of SF4 to date. most players are happy with the balance changes and arent worried about their mains being weak also rushdown and runaway are balanced now, which is why I've been playing it so much as of late.

As for tiers..yeah...I don't think people will come to a general consensus anytime soon. Lots of chars are strong now. I think a better discussion is who the worst 5 chars are. in AE it was very clear who top tier was month 1. Super was balanced well but the low tiers couldnt compete...now that problem is fixed.

as far as my personal opinion goes (not listening tiers) but I dont think there is any S tier in this game. In fact I think the weakest chars in the game may be as high as C tier when all is said and done, or B- even (similar to Arcana Heart 3, where the weakest chars in the game were B- tier - really balanced game as well.)

That being said it's still SF4 and if you didn't like it then you probably wont like it now lol

To the guy that asked about Juri above she's really good now with her FSE changes. She's seriously a major threat now, FSE may be Geneijin level when all is said and done lol.

m2dave right now this is def the most balanced version of SF4 to date. most players are happy with the balance changes and arent worried about their mains being weak also rushdown and runaway are balanced now, which is why I've been playing it so much as of late.

As for tiers..yeah...I don't think people will come to a general consensus anytime soon. Lots of chars are strong now. I think a better discussion is who the worst 5 chars are. in AE it was very clear who top tier was month 1. Super was balanced well but the low tiers couldnt compete...now that problem is fixed.

as far as my personal opinion goes (not listening tiers) but I dont think there is any S tier in this game. In fact I think the weakest chars in the game may be as high as C tier when all is said and done, or B- even (similar to Arcana Heart 3, where the weakest chars in the game were B- tier - really balanced game as well.)

That being said it's still SF4 and if you didn't like it then you probably wont like it now lol

To the guy that asked about Juri above she's really good now with her FSE changes. She's seriously a major threat now, FSE may be Geneijin level when all is said and done lol.
Its balanced right now alright, but I didnt think my yang needed that many nerfs, sigh

Sabin

Elder God
Its balanced right now alright, but I didnt think my yang needed that many nerfs, sigh
ru serious? Yang was really, really cheap in AE man, a lot of those nerfs were deserved since he could autopilot on a lot of chars. the true twins players have still been winning (Nemo has sitll been winning with Yang, Kazunoko, even though he made Seth his main, is still tearing it up with Yun post nerf.) Basically the frauds that were winning with OP chars got exposed and the good players all along continue to win despite the nerfs.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I've seen some dumb shit with Juri now regarding FSE. She can fireball from like half the full distance, activate FSE, and be in your face (With I guess advantage).

And Yang was sooooooooo ridiculous in AE. There was a lot of talk of Yang being better than Yun. I personally thought so, at least.

Sabin

Elder God
I've seen some dumb shit with Juri now regarding FSE. She can fireball from like half the full distance, activate FSE, and be in your face (With I guess advantage).

And Yang was sooooooooo ridiculous in AE. There was a lot of talk of Yang being better than Yun. I personally thought so, at least.
Yea that's why I always put CDjr on blast on twitter lol. fireball (blocked) into FSE is seriously ridiculous. But there are very few juri players who can integrate all her cheap stuff into her game fully. The last JPN tourney where KIM1234 was at had a LOT of Juri. ALOT. And the Juri players were double perfecting people left and right rofl. it was funny. Then again there were a lot of Rose and Sim players too which you never saw in the finals of AE except fo ra select few players lol.

Yea, Yang is ridiculous. Too bad Kazunoko didnt play him. He's already gone on record saying the main reason he plays AE Yun is to expose the game for how shitty it is (balance wise) and to make everyone mad at him. His tier list for Yun vs X char was seriously lol.

THTB

Lmao @ Kazunoko wanting to expose AE's balance.

And that's the first time I've ever heard of double perfects from Juri. And the fact that there were a bunch of them is pretty surprising, even with all her buffs.

Yea that's why I always put CDjr on blast on twitter lol. fireball (blocked) into FSE is seriously ridiculous. But there are very few juri players who can integrate all her cheap stuff into her game fully. The last JPN tourney where KIM1234 was at had a LOT of Juri. ALOT. And the Juri players were double perfecting people left and right rofl. it was funny. Then again there were a lot of Rose and Sim players too which you never saw in the finals of AE except fo ra select few players lol.

Yea, Yang is ridiculous. Too bad Kazunoko didnt play him. He's already gone on record saying the main reason he plays AE Yun is to expose the game for how shitty it is (balance wise) and to make everyone mad at him. His tier list for Yun vs X char was seriously lol.
Yes but I think they overnerfed him a bit. on paper he was better than yun, but not in real game. I think he received more nerfs than fei long and yun did. and that damn viper sigh. but this changes my game drastically, maybe switching my second(makoto) to my main now, shes so fun to play.

THTB

In real game, only, like, 2 people really used Yang to an actually proficient level, despite him being 3rd best in the game. He took more work than Yun, but was arguably better due to his higher degree of versatility overall. This character had dumb shit like an airtight blockstring that led to knockdowns (Because s.LK was 3f, he only got mashed out if you weren't crisp), the ability to get in on fireball characters with roll kick xx FADC, the list goes on.

Yun just got represented more because he was a walking piece of braindead cake.

~NAKM~

Tekken, SF4: AE, BB: CP, and Persona 4: Arena
So I'm loving FSE's changes. Screw Juri's second ultra. Don't care if you can combo it., lol. FSE is just too sick when you corner your opponent trapping them with her low and medium fireballs. :) I may put her first before Chun Li but Chun's footsies is just plain retarded.