What's new

General/Other - Acidic Acidic Alien (Xenomorph) PRE-RELEASE Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
It seems like you ca continue a combo after EX Acidic Blood. You can see in the gameplay Reptile staggers for a bit and the red bar of health continues moving. it just might work adn Alien would have more damage in this Variation.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Apparently the moves are called Exo Sting, Air Exo Sting, and Acid Blood. Exo Sting does 3.00% damage starting, and about 12 ticks of .50%. Anti-Air does 5.00% and about 10 ticks of .50%. Air Exo Sting does about 3.00% and also causes 12 ticks of .50%. d4 does .10%, but I don't know how many ticks. Acid Blood does 16+ ticks of if they are in the puddle of .50%, so that'll be good in the corner.

Noob
Hm interesting what ppl have being comenting about this variation... honestly i think it will be good but i dont think its rage inducing from what i can see... the startup on all his acid moves aside from his D4 seem pretty slow, slow enouth to dodge on comand, and the acid ticks need to stack to be relevant something that wont be extremely easy to acomplish... speculation aside it seems like a fair variation, his combo starters seem to be weak and his high low mix ups dont start combos, most of them dont.. so... not broken in my opinion

Israfel

Designer for BxA
They all have acid blood and can spit acid.

This one isn't based on any specifically, but type-wise it is a Drone type, where the Konjurer variation is a Praetorian type, and the Tarkatan variation is the Warrior type.

You can tell the type by their heads, Drones have smooth heads, Warriors have spiny heads, and Praetorians have fanned crown heads similar to the Queen's but smaller.

I assume the one from AVP you're talking about is "Grid" who IRC got fucked up by a Predator's net trap.

If only DLC had alts...
Just had a thought.....what if it gets this kind of battle damage in fights with Cyrax??????

ando1184

Noob
this one Looks clearly the strongest of alien
Not only the strongest, but to me this one looks more alien-esc than the others IMO. I mean konjurer/preatorian does too but having a queen-like head on a drone-like body looks a little silly to me. Especially with the Shang tseung fireball animation to summon eggs.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Acidic looks like it's meant to counter characters like Cassie Cage, Kotal Kahn, Liu etc. The chip damage from acidic will probably have good meter building that it might be on par with raiden's meter building. However the puddles and acid looks like it can be worked around by characters who can teleport which is like half the cast

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
YOOOOO! Its like Mournful with great normals and DoT. Zoning is alive. Might main after Spawn and Mournful.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Apparently the moves are called Exo Sting, Air Exo Sting, and Acid Blood. Exo Sting does 3.00% damage starting, and about 12 ticks of .50%. Anti-Air does 5.00% and about 10 ticks of .50%. Air Exo Sting does about 3.00% and also causes 12 ticks of .50%. d4 does .10%, but I don't know how many ticks. Acid Blood does 16+ ticks of if they are in the puddle of .50%, so that'll be good in the corner.

Add in the fact that it stacks and will do good chip. We got a good thing going here.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
YOOOOO! Its like Mournful with great normals and DoT. Zoning is alive. Might main after Spawn and Mournful.
How?

Add in the fact that it stacks and will do good chip. We got a good thing going here.
Yep. I don't think each individual repetition of one move stacks, but doing each move once does. So that's a max of I think 17% on the regular ones, then about 10% on the puddle.

Noob
More intriguing still its how they phrased some stuff, for instance the crawl Dash move, they kept saying its + and has tons of advantage... but does it have similar + frames on block.. doubt it, i think that move will be meh... (hopefully not)..

How much advantage if any at all will the puddle and EX puddle have on block at meele range??? this is also very important for when anyone closes in on you...

Startup on pretty much every Acidic trait move seems slow aside from his D4 which seems decent enouth...
I really like what i saw but once we look at frame datas i dont think ppl will be all to happy... just from watchin them play i could see that most stuff is not as fast as it seemed even tho they did a good job of hiding it... i just dunno

EDIT: if Air exo sting i think is the move.. can be insta aired it will be even more amazing, and thats something ppl havent mentioned yet... if you indeed can as it seems you do this move will be the bane of so many characters existance

Status
Not open for further replies.