What's new

General/Other - Acidic Acidic Alien (Xenomorph) PRE-RELEASE Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Correct me if I'm wrong but ex chop chop does like 12%.
But all this info is from the Kombat Kast, as far as I know, none of the leaks have shown th Tarkartan Xeno.

I'm sure I'll be great. Only time will tell. 48hrs away now...
In the pre-release version Chop only does 8% and EX does 9% and has armor. In the Kast it did reg 9% and EX 11% (or 12% if you're right but 9 in this version). In the pre-release it isn't armor breaking anything but that's likely just a bug.

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
In the pre-release version Chop only does 8% and EX does 9% and has armor. In the Kast it did reg 9% and EX 11% (or 12% if you're right but 9 in this version). In the pre-release it isn't armor breaking anything but that's likely just a bug.
Hmm, even so that's megre damage for a bar. But Alien's move set definately outweighs the damage. It's j4 has the best range in the game. Personally from what I've seen from the leaks and the Kombat Kast I think Alien has the tools to deal with every member of the kast. Zoning Alien wouldn't be as effective because of the j4 as well as that insanely fast pounce.

Acidic seems very strong from what little info I've seen from leaks. May even be good enough to call it Hish-Qu-Ten 2.0. So excited to get to the lab with my favourite movie monster.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
C
I saw some early footage of both Acidic and Konjurer, that their damage isn't so bad, I can pm both if anyone wishes. (I've also seen that string with the tail in the gameplay trailer, which is showcased in one of the videos). Tarkartan seems to be the worst damage wise, but I really can't say anything til March 1st.
can I dip my pinky in that video?

SE1Z3

Noob
So far, I have every BnB at 35%+ for 1 bar, obviously Acidic can reach ridiculous high levels of damage if the opponent sits in a puddle with multiple stings, but this is not going to happen often for obvious reasons. Definitely a meter dependent variation, I have found some tech that is absolutely godlike for meter generation. Will be interesting to see what changes if any come in day 1 patch.

As for Tarkatan, that may be the best variation for tournament play. The amount of mixup potential in his BF2 relations is amazing, 1 gives you a mid, 2 gives an overhead, 3 gives a low. grab gives a mid that can be MB for a launch... any one of these attacks can be delayed for a ridiculous amount of time, combine this with the baseline Low special, baseline Overhead, I hate to say it but it really reminds me of a certain recently adjusted Edenian..

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
So far, I have every BnB at 35%+ for 1 bar, obviously Acidic can reach ridiculous high levels of damage if the opponent sits in a puddle with multiple stings, but this is not going to happen often for obvious reasons.

Seeing as how ending a combo with acid puddle restands, leaving Alien at an advantage with a surplus of options, I don't think it'll be that hard to to keep people grounded in that corner puddle.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
So far, I have every BnB at 35%+ for 1 bar, obviously Acidic can reach ridiculous high levels of damage if the opponent sits in a puddle with multiple stings, but this is not going to happen often for obvious reasons. Definitely a meter dependent variation, I have found some tech that is absolutely godlike for meter generation. Will be interesting to see what changes if any come in day 1 patch.

As for Tarkatan, that may be the best variation for tournament play. The amount of mixup potential in his BF2 relations is amazing, 1 gives you a mid, 2 gives an overhead, 3 gives a low. grab gives a mid that can be MB for a launch... any one of these attacks can be delayed for a ridiculous amount of time, combine this with the baseline Low special, baseline Overhead, I hate to say it but it really reminds me of a certain recently adjusted Edenian..
I find that quite acceptable. I think the range and DoT will make up for perceived lack of damage, and prob frames too one way or the other. He appears to have great mobility too, don't forget that. I'm with a couple others that I don't want him to be braindead good, but damn good if you put in the time. It will be interesting to see what they do with a day 1 patch.

SE1Z3

Noob
Seeing as how ending a combo with acid puddle restands, leaving Alien at an advantage with a surplus of options, I don't think it'll be that hard to to keep people grounded in that corner puddle.
Ahhhhh my bad if I was posting stuff I shouldn't, I'll crawl back into my hive now...

Last edited:

gibster13

A fan of fans
Acidics DOT will be fixed. There is a video of a one bar >55% into a restand.

the fact acidic can zone is also insane, however I am unsure how viable it is.

D

Deleted member 9158

It's going to induce so much salt, and I think that's why I will play this variation

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Acidic looks really good , I hope they don't completely remove the restand , just reduce the dot !
he needs the restand, and the dot to stay the same... im sick of people nerfing characters to the ground.. let him live for a while,

they can simply change a strings damage scaling instead of messing with the Dot ticks.

in fact they could make D'vorahs, Reptiles better imo, basically strengthen the rest to come up to the new standards.

gibster13

A fan of fans
ACIDIC

Projectile spray thing is -13 on block and 16f startup (normal and ex)

In air projectiles are -20 on block and 21f startup

he needs the restand, and the dot to stay the same... im sick of people nerfing characters to the ground.. let him live for a while,

they can simply change a strings damage scaling instead of messing with the Dot ticks.

in fact they could make D'vorahs, Reptiles better imo, basically strengthen the rest to come up to the new standards.
He deals about a guranteed 20% of dot lol... And thats not including the chip he'll do with his normals , now keep in mind im all in for the character keeping it but its no way in any shape of form balanced lol.

Frenzy

Noob
I saw some early footage of both Acidic and Konjurer, that their damage isn't so bad, I can pm both if anyone wishes. (I've also seen that string with the tail in the gameplay trailer, which is showcased in one of the videos). Tarkartan seems to be the worst damage wise, but I really can't say anything til March 1st.
Share with me please. :)

MadeOfMetal

He deals about a guranteed 20% of dot lol... And thats not including the chip he'll do with his normals , now keep in mind im all in for the character keeping it but its no way in any shape of form balanced lol.
it does that much, didnt look that way on stream,, that must be stacked right? if so thats situational damage...

and even if it was that strong, every Char has dirt in some form..
i love that variation, and i say it should stay the way it is, or at least if it was toned down, god forbid, then let them compensate for it.

My plans are Triborg first, then getting some Alien Acidic down, and i plan on at least dabbling with Bo rai cho and LeatherFace jus to see em in practice.

i love the idea of Chip from acid... i must ask, does he get that chip on block? what i mean is does it stack on block? cuz that Dash move is plus frames when metered, so i was thinking Acid tick into combo linked into Dash then combo into another Acid stack?

MadeOfMetal

pm me that shit bro

it does that much, didnt look that way on stream,, that must be stacked right? if so thats situational damage...

and even if it was that strong, every Char has dirt in some form..
i love that variation, and i say it should stay the way it is, or at least if it was toned down, god forbid, then let them compensate for it.

My plans are Triborg first, then getting some Alien Acidic down, and i plan on at least dabbling with Bo rai cho and LeatherFace jus to see em in practice.

i love the idea of Chip from acid... i must ask, does he get that chip on block? what i mean is does it stack on block? cuz that Dash move is plus frames when metered, so i was thinking Acid tick into combo linked into Dash then combo into another Acid stack?
He did around 55% and it wasn't situational I think , Also most of the character's dirt got removed in the upcoming

MadeOfMetal

He did around 55% and it wasn't situational I think , Also most of the character's dirt got removed in the upcoming
yeah i agree that needed a tone down.. :( damn, this is what they should never do. is give us broken ass tools that have to be taken away.. to only let us down later on -_-

MadeOfMetal

This game will always be about the matchups...

...but I can't see how the facehugger won't be everyone's weapon of choice.

Terrifying...
last gif scares me, somewhat resembles a vag that got beat to hell and back, the creators where definitely hard up

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
last gif scares me, somewhat resembles a vag that got beat to hell and back, the creators where definitely hard up
The idea of facehuggers is just awful. Super-fast, this giant spider/scorpion hugs your face close with its spiderlegs while its smothering skin-wall cuts off everything to shove a beaked tendril down your gullet to deposit alien eggs - that will rip open your stomach to get out just a few short hours later.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
I have been interested in Alien ever since they announced KP2. This was the initial character i said to myself yeah i really wanna try it. So cool with the acid and the tarkatan blades as well. Don't sleep on konjurer i think the traps could actually be good. Although i am still torn on acidic or tarkatan, i am very sad that acidic looks like it will eat venomous alive :( dvorahbaeplz

Status
Not open for further replies.