What's new

General/Other - Acidic Acidic Alien (Xenomorph) PRE-RELEASE Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wavy

Block Spammer
The chip damage stacking up looked really high. Though I didn't pay too much attention to whether they were meter burned or not.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
The chip damage stacking up looked really high. Though I didn't pay too much attention to whether they were meter burned or not.
Yeah i'll have to review the footage but this variation looks pretty rad.

The range and arc of the acid splash attacks(I mean, fuck, did you see that AA?), as well as the perpetual DoT you cause, and the anti-rushdown and combo extending acid puddle all make this variation look more than potent.

Not to mention the already great variation neutral moves like the fast dash move that helps with positioning and whiff punishing, and the low and OH specials for 50/50s. If the chip is as good as it seems, this variation will be a huge pain in the ass for the opponent. Actually all of its variations look to be that way.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
I'm getting shades of HQT Pred from this variation, only more annoying. Our projectiles are mid, we can lay down DoT puddles, and we have what seems to be a damn good anti air. It basically looks like you WILL take damage trying to close the gap. This looks like it'll be a pain in the ass to deal with. It looks like it'll shutdown a lot of characters options, bar armor or teleport.

Alien, why you gotta be such a beautiful bitch?

Rocket

For the Shirai Ryu.
Has the added benefit of being a smooth-headed drone, more or less the same as the Xeno from the original 1979 movie, which is my favorite in the series.

Though that one wasn't exactly flinging acid everywhere, it's close enough to make me happy.
Ain't acidic based on the fucker from avp?

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Also, not sure if everyone noticed, but it looks like whenever Acidic Xeno creates an acid puddle, it takes a bit of damage from you as well. Makes sense, considering how it makes the puddle in the first place, but still, something to keep in mind if you're trying to pull a clutch moment.

We don't need any Ruthless F/T Pain n' Gain shenanigans.

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
Has the added benefit of being a smooth-headed drone, more or less the same as the Xeno from the original 1979 movie, which is my favorite in the series.

Though that one wasn't exactly flinging acid everywhere, it's close enough to make me happy.

Literally the only reason I planned on maining Acidic, now it looks fun to play on top of it

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Ain't acidic based on the fucker from avp?
They all have acid blood and can spit acid.

This one isn't based on any specifically, but type-wise it is a Drone type, where the Konjurer variation is a Praetorian type, and the Tarkatan variation is the Warrior type.

You can tell the type by their heads, Drones have smooth heads, Warriors have spiny heads, and Praetorians have fanned crown heads similar to the Queen's but smaller.

I assume the one from AVP you're talking about is "Grid" who IRC got fucked up by a Predator's net trap.

If only DLC had alts...

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
Acidic 1st impressions looks to be really good. Alot of space control and reach without having to overcommit (Without seeing frame data of course). If I do pick up this character I will definitely try this variation out first.

Overall looks really interesting. Not as hype as I thought he would be but they did a good job bringing the character to MK.

ando1184

Noob
I think you're right, I forgot about that, i'm glad that gave them inspiration.

EDIT: I think i'll add that to the OP.
I'm glad they did get inspired by that. I figured we'd see the cliche spit attack or mouth projectile but the tail spray it's much more of an interesting animation. They really did make alien look and act like alien, and for that I'm happy.

Rocket

For the Shirai Ryu.
They all have acid blood and can spit acid.

This one isn't based on any specifically, but type-wise it is a Drone type, where the Konjurer variation is a Praetorian type, and the Tarkatan variation is the Warrior type.

You can tell the type by their heads, Drones have smooth heads, Warriors have spiny heads, and Praetorians have fanned crown heads similar to the Queen's but smaller.

I assume the one from AVP you're talking about is "Grid" who IRC got fucked up by a Predator's net trap.

If only DLC had alts...
Im well aware of everything alien, predator and avp knowledge wise and yeah, hadn't watched the kombat kast till now, was just going by what i seen in the trailer with the alien using his tail to throw acid.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
I'm really excited for all of Alien's variations but I'm really digging the Acidic Drone Varation a lot. I like the classic Drone Dome look and the acidic moves look cool. I also like how good Acidic Drone Alien's zoning game looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.