What's new

Guide - Kenjutsu Aaannndddd.. We're back! Kenjutsu living guide! (Updated March 2nd, 2016)

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
T
corner combos can be better.
for example: B1xxMB’d DF1 d1 njp d2 43xxBF3
or
B1xxMB’d DF1 d1 njp d2 F32 MB'd DB4 ji2 43xxBF3

And instead
111xxDB1, D1, 1,1,1, 43xx DB4/BF3 34-35%
u can better
111xxDB1, D1, D1, D1, D1, D1, D1, 43xx DB4/BF3

otherwise a good guide, thx
These are great! Added!

Falkunn

Your dad's tournament demon
If ypu block any of Scorpion's mknions you can punish with teletoss. Also Im pretty sure we can all agreed everything about kenshi wrecks sub zero.
Nice. I may try out Kenjutsu then for that. I'll see how it fares in comparison with Erron.

DarksydeDash

@MrProfDrPepper it is up to you but, we can turn this thread into a living guide for all variations. As soon as you are done with your guide for balanced, we can add it in here or you can make your own thread. What are you thinking?

LEGEND

YES!
I would like to add something. I ve been whiffing standing 1's while zoning, since it has great recovery on whiff to frustrate and bait my opponents and after that, check them with bf3 (or if they are in range, bf2). It has worked really well for me so far.

Just wanted to let you Kenshi guys know.
Every Kenshi needs to do this imo.

Every variation makes great use of standing 1 fients. Makes me legitimately mad that don't ever see it

Works good for AAs (far out and cross over, not really in between) and tick throws too

DarksydeDash

Every Kenshi needs to do this imo.

Every variation makes great use of standing 1 fients. Makes me legitimately mad that don't ever see it

Works good for AAs (far out and cross over, not really in between) and tick throws too
Agreed, adding to "tips and advice" section.

Nikita

Niksan
also missed 114 starter.
Meterless midscreen
114 rc 43 BF3 - 26 %
1 bar midscreen
114 rc F32 MB's DB4 fi2 43 BF3 - 37 %
Meterless corner
114 d1 njp d2 43 BF3 - 32 %
1 bar corner
114 fj3 d1 d1 d1 F32 MB's DB4 fi2 43 BF3 - 38%

and plz add njp first combo

DarksydeDash

Spoiler tags added to combos to make OP much more clean.
Also, if anyone wants to/ can record combos in the OP, that would be highly appreciated.

DarksydeDash

also missed 114 starter.
Meterless midscreen
114 rc 43 BF3 - 26 %
1 bar midscreen
114 rc F32 MB's DB4 fi2 43 BF3 - 37 %
Meterless corner
114 d1 njp d2 43 BF3 - 32 %
1 bar corner
114 fj3 d1 d1 d1 F32 MB's DB4 fi2 43 BF3 - 38%

and plz add njp first combo
114, is unsafe so I didn't include it.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
@MrProfDrPepper it is up to you but, we can turn this thread into a living guide for all variations. As soon as you are done with your guide for balanced, we can add it in here or you can make your own thread. What are you thinking?
hmmm, it will take a while because im also working on new tech to find before i release it and unfortunately my capture card decided to fuck up so im having technical difficulties, but i will PM you when it finally is done and we can discuss what we will do with it, if you want you can even help me make it

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
Just as someone reading the guides I think separate threads are better for full guides to different variations. This way someone wanting to play just one or something doesn't need to scroll through a giant wall of information on one to get to the other. Just one man's opinion but it seems more streamlined to separate guides by variation.

DarksydeDash

Just as someone reading the guides I think separate threads are better for full guides to different variations. This way someone wanting to play just one or something doesn't need to scroll through a giant wall of information on one to get to the other. Just one man's opinion but it seems more streamlined to separate guides by variation.
I agree.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
So after an ex-DB4, why does everyone Ji2~43, instead of Ji2~B1, which does more damage? It isn't always relevant because of scaling, but often enough you get an extra point out of B1, its easier on execution, it's never less, and it even wall carrys a step or two further (hardly relevant). I'm probably missing something here, but I don't understand why everyone seems to be using 43

Last edited:

Nikita

Niksan
So after an ex-DB4, why does everyone Ji2~43, instead of Ji2~B1, which does more damage? It isn't always relevant because of scaling, but often enough you get an extra point out of B1, its easier on execution, it's never less, and it even wall carrys a step or two further (hardly relevant). I'm probably missing something here, but I don't understand why everyone seems to be using 43
If Meterless combo end it 43 BF3.
If 1 bar:
if u start with 111/421/32 exDB4, then best: fj2 b1 DB1 d1 43 BF3.
if u start with F32/B32/441 exDB4, then best fj2 43 BF3.
if u start with 111/421/32 DB1, then best D1 B32 exDB4 fj2 43 BF3

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Except... everytime you use Ji2,43 to follow up from ex-DB4, you are either doing the same damage, most the time 1%, and in one situation, 2% less, than if you had used Ji2,B1

Nikita

Niksan
each time ender must be 43 BF3 for the most damage.
If u have a bar, each time before exDB4 u must do F32. (an exception for 111/421/32 exDB4 fj2 b1 DB1 d1 43 BF3 - damage the same)
for example:
F32 exDB4 jf2 43 BF3
better than
43 exDB4 jf2 F32 BF3

DarksydeDash

what is the best special to use for wake up armor, is df1 en better or db4 en better?
BF2 is my go-to wakeup. It is heat used when you see your opponent sitting there and blocking on your wakeup. You can delay wakeup to react to what yoye opponent is doing also. Be warned, your opponent can easipy avoid this by jumping over you on wakeup.

Carmine

PSN: CaptCarmine
BF2 is my go-to wakeup. It is heat used when you see your opponent sitting there and blocking on your wakeup. You can delay wakeup to react to what yoye opponent is doing also. Be warned, your opponent can easipy avoid this by jumping over you on wakeup.
do you use the unarmored version, and cant you get a full combo punish with the other 2, why do you like bf2 the best

makkator

Noob
Cant we just use the Combo thread for mixed Combos. This is the only dedicated kenjutsu thread and all these other Combos are pretty confusing when ur looking for kenjutsu combos