What's new

Guide - Kenjutsu Aaannndddd.. We're back! Kenjutsu living guide! (Updated March 2nd, 2016)

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Remember guys this is a LIVING GUIDE so anything you find whether it be combos or tech please post it.

DarksydeDash

Ok guys so it seems I missed something from a patch. Kenjutsu's MB Rising Sword (db1) now has a crazy launching property. With that said, if anyone has found optimal combos off this as a starter or in combos please let me know, till then I try to find some of my own and other things to add to the guide.

Do you think it's possible at all for us to get some sort of frame data for the combos? I.e. "9 frame punish" and etc? That would be wonderful :) Otherwise, brilliant guide and so good to see Kenjutsu getting some love <3

P.S

Is there a way to reliably continue the string after DF1? I find it extremely difficult. :(

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

Do you think it's possible at all for us to get some sort of frame data for the combos? I.e. "9 frame punish" and etc? That would be wonderful :) Otherwise, brilliant guide and so good to see Kenjutsu getting some love <3

P.S

Is there a way to reliably continue the string after DF1? I find it extremely difficult. :(
Off df1 you can either b1 or run into b32. :) I am update it with frame data as well.

Here is a combo that side switches the opponent 4 times. LEGIT TECH you know.. to make the opponent dizzy....

Ok but some legit tech: After EX db4 you can do jp2,22 which is leaves you neutral with the opponent standing. The mix up becomes EX df1 or b3xx or grab.

Last edited:

Carmine

PSN: CaptCarmine
Here is a combo that side switches the opponent 4 times. LEGIT TECH you know.. to make the opponent dizzy....

Ok but some legit tech: After EX db4 you can do jp2,22 which is leaves you neutral with the opponent standing. The mix up becomes EX df1 or b3xx or grab.
doing that leaves you at neutral if you do jp2 d1 you are at enough plus frames for b3 to jail and f2 for an overhead with i think 3 frames to react

DarksydeDash

Letting you guys know if Pig's Kenjutsu guide has better optimal combos, new useful tech, or strats, it will be added to the guide.

Alvhe Feleo

Due tomorrow? Do tomorrow.
It's easy to drop the combo if you miss the linker after db1, and that means dropping about 15% damage at once, but ~30% meterless from a 50/50, defense against long range and special moves that hit at mid range make this variation my personal favorite for kenshi. The best part is spamming the blade deflect vs full auto jacqui zoners.

The only caveat I found was that he relies on db1 too much as a launcher and all his specials are unsafe, even bf1. :(

DarksydeDash

@Hollywood DMS theres a weird bug with the spoilers, it keeps placing multiple spoiler tags at the bottom of the thread and everytime I delete them they come back. Do you think you could fix it good sir? :)

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Kenjutsu is so rough to utilize to the max online that it's depressing :(.

I LOVE this variation, but good grief am I having issues all over the board...

Alvhe Feleo

Due tomorrow? Do tomorrow.
I've been playing some kenshi lately. Offline it's all about high risk/high reward and you can easily output 35% out of 1 meter on top of the meterless zoning, whatever the variation. Pretty OP if you ask me.

Online is another story, with those db1 crappy frames on hit it's almost impossible to land anything after that unless you are playing balanced and go ex db1.

This character looks great, but it's too easy to punish on whiff and relies too much on his meter for my taste. Maybe he could use a little buff to his db1 frames on hit, just 2 or 3 frames to make it viable online.

Either that or I'm still playing him wrong (which is quite possible), but after 5 hours of KotH there were no kenshies as kings of the hill at any moment and several kenshi mains tried.

Tim Static

Adminerator
@Tim Static spoiler tags are buggy, I keep getting extra spoiler tags at the bott of the thread and cant delete them.
Sorry i didn't get a notification for the tag above w/ DMS.

I looked at it, but there is so much stuff, I'm absolutely confused man lol. It's hard to see where they start & end. Might be best to remake the thread. I really don't know why it's getting weird, and not sure how to fix it. Sorry :/

And FTR, I'm not the tech guy lol @Hollywood DMS :p

DarksydeDash

Sorry i didn't get a notification for the tag above w/ DMS.

I looked at it, but there is so much stuff, I'm absolutely confused man lol. It's hard to see where they start & end. Might be best to remake the thread. I really don't know why it's getting weird, and not sure how to fix it. Sorry :/

And FTR, I'm not the tech guy lol @Hollywood DMS :p
Ok I'll remake the thread later, ill let ypu know when this one can be taken down.