What's new

Guide - Kenjutsu Aaannndddd.. We're back! Kenjutsu living guide! (Updated March 2nd, 2016)

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
The combo's thread didn't even exist when this one was made.

Months into the game, someone took some initiative. This thread is relevant to only Kenjutsu, and when you are looking to find Kenjutsu information or discuss it with others, this is an excellent thing.

Nikita

Niksan
I found another great combo:
Corner 1 bar.
B1xx MB'd DB4 fj2 B1xx DB1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 43 BF3/DB4 46%/47%

starter may be different: 421/111/32/31 etc.

With F3/B3/F2 starter you can use 6 times D1

Last edited:
Thanks for taking this over from me, kenshi's awfulness and this game's way-too-heavy reliance on 50/50s and the unbelievable hatred towards zoning made me quit within the first month, didn't care to even update the thread anymore, hope things are better for those that stuck with him by now

Carmine

PSN: CaptCarmine
Thanks for taking this over from me, kenshi's awfulness and this game's way-too-heavy reliance on 50/50s and the unbelievable hatred towards zoning made me quit within the first month, didn't care to even update the thread anymore, hope things are better for those that stuck with him by now
Kenshi got some changes and is now probably on the top half of the roster he is really good,

Also can you post some combo's off the NJP,
right now the best I can consistently do is njp f32, db4 en 43 bf3/db4

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Thread has now been updated with new damage scaling. Also, anyone have anything to add to the thread? Combos? Tech? Starts? Message me/ post 'em.

DarksydeDash

Kenshi got some changes and is now probably on the top half of the roster he is really good,

Also can you post some combo's off the NJP,
right now the best I can consistently do is njp f32, db4 en 43 bf3/db4
Will get on this asap.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
ok i dont know if anyonealready mentioned that but i currently have problems linking 111 after db1
d1 works fine for me but against dvorah and jacqui i can only constantly connect standing 1 after 321 only.

so apparently 1 wont connect after 31 xx db1 , b3 xx db1 , b1 xx db1 , and f2 xx db1. It cant be my timing since i can land it after 321 constantly.
Pls guys i need help is there anything i can do ?

Carmine

ok i dont know if anyonealready mentioned that but i currently have problems linking 111 after db1
d1 works fine for me but against dvorah and jacqui i can only constantly connect standing 1 after 321 only.

so apparently 1 wont connect after 31 xx db1 , b3 xx db1 , b1 xx db1 , and f2 xx db1. It cant be my timing since i can land it after 321 constantly.
Pls guys i need help is there anything i can do ?
Im pretty sure on most of the female characters it goes from a 2 fram link to a 1 frame link, but in all honest d1 is better for the consistency

Carmine

thanks a lot man
is d1 a 2 frame link or is it even bigger?
Im pretty sure when they first buffed kenshi they made d1 a 3 frame link for males and 2 frame for females, but again im not the expert on the frame data just what i heard, and it does feel a little tigher on females

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
Wow I did not know how much fun Kenjutsu was to play! I don't have great success on some of his more damaging bnb's but I've noticed with smart play I don't alway have to be converting 35-42% combos. Very fun Jedi tricks haha

DarksydeDash

Well guys here is a match I did against a marksman Erron Black player. As you can see, full screen punish on most of his options.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Well guys here is a match I did against a marksman Erron Black player. As you can see, full screen punish on most of his options.
That dude had no clue how to play Marksman. He slide and wake up slide like whole game which is a clear indicator of that. Instead of ducking (or at very worst blocking) your TF he got catch by it like million times.

In reality that MU is way closer.

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

That dude had no clue how to play Marksman. He slide and wake up slide like whole game which is a clear indicator of that. Instead of ducking (or at very worst blocking) your TF he got catch by it like million times.

In reality that MU is way closer.
Agreed.

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
Fuck me it's hard to link the 111 after the db1 when my starter is either f2 or b3 my overhead and low starter. I can link the 111 so easy when I do B1 before my db1 launcher but the link is tighter then a prostitutes garb when I start it with the other two. Any tips because I need this to gain more use out of his mixups and I can't use his vortex yet. Also If my combos are pushing my opponent into the corner what should I do? By this I mean if I b1 into db1 and im pushing my opponent against the coner Kenshi readjusts after the db1 usually stuffing my 111. Also for both of these problems I can switch 111 for d1 but at greatly reduced damage. I don't want to have to do that.

Nikita

Niksan
Fuck me it's hard to link the 111 after the db1 when my starter is either f2 or b3 my overhead and low starter. I can link the 111 so easy when I do B1 before my db1 launcher but the link is tighter then a prostitutes garb when I start it with the other two. Any tips because I need this to gain more use out of his mixups and I can't use his vortex yet. Also If my combos are pushing my opponent into the corner what should I do? By this I mean if I b1 into db1 and im pushing my opponent against the coner Kenshi readjusts after the db1 usually stuffing my 111. Also for both of these problems I can switch 111 for d1 but at greatly reduced damage. I don't want to have to do that.
yep, very hard. Try for vortex: f2/b3 db1 d1 d1 b1 exDB4- more damage than 111
for corner vortex:
f2/b3 db1 d1 d1 d1 d1 43 exDB4
patch on the PC has just been released. I can not say for sure whether it is the optimal combo