What's new

A Vigil for Jade

trufenix

bye felicia
Nobody cares, honest. Characters come and go.
What I hope for, is that this time around NRS will make a half-decent fighting game. After how MK9 was and how Injustice turned out to be, they better step up their fucking game.
omg, your drama has been the most entertaining but this is too much. MK9 and Injustice are not even half-decent and the character you were hinging your hopes on was Jade? What are you even doing here, mate?

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
Damn... I love Jade's design and moveset, and I hope that she returns in another MK installment.
Perhaps a bit far-fetched, but maybe she could've become "corrupted" and gone to maybe the Sisterhood of Shadow? All new moves, new design ala the original Sub-Zero? I accept that Jade will most likely not be in this game, probably dead, but I don't see her being permanently gone.

GRieVeR_SKeiTH

bad player
Damn... I love Jade's design and moveset, and I hope that she returns in another MK installment.
Perhaps a bit far-fetched, but maybe she could've become "corrupted" and gone to maybe the Sisterhood of Shadow? All new moves, new design ala the original Sub-Zero? I accept that Jade will most likely not be in this game, probably dead, but I don't see her being permanently gone.
Jade Saibot? that would be kind of cool if they married some of Ashrah's backstory with her, being a bodyguard/spy who is actually loyal to the person you are bodyguard/spying against isn't the most complete character narrative. I honestly expect her to be in an anime training arc with the woman in white from her ending and Kit just thinks shes dead because lbsh Kit believes everything anyone tells her

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Well if you are going by lore?

Shao khan only promised Quan Chi the souls of Earthrealm warriors who fell in battle. Kits might've converted over when she wanted that LK baby gravy, but I don't think Jade was considered earth realm.

So like... Rip. All of the @Lilith cosplays that were never allowed to live.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Well if you are going by lore?

Shao khan only promised Quan Chi the souls of Earthrealm warriors who fell in battle. Kits might've converted over when she wanted that LK baby gravy, but I don't think Jade was considered earth realm.

So like... Rip. All of the @Lilith cosplays that were never allowed to live.
I think everyone who joined raiden were considered warriors OF Earthrealm.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Wiat.

Holy shit. Theorycraft....

What if you moved to the 5th grief stage!?

:DOGE
Oh dude, I'm basically assuming she is dead lol. That's why I wrote theorycraft. I now want to know how she died....like did she get ressurected and have her face stomped in, or did she just not get ressurected.

SLy

Noob
Yea. Jade got the worse ass whipping by sindel out of everyone lol. Hopefully Kitana has a green colored alternate in honor of Jade

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I think everyone who joined raiden were considered warriors OF Earthrealm.
But Jade never "joined Raiden", she just kinda tagged along where Kitana went as per her Oath of duty.
She still takes orders from Outworld where she is a native.

If Kung lao and Kitana are both in (after the fact that Sindel WHOOPED Kitana's butt and stole her soul essence and Kung Lao got his neck snapped by Shao Kahn), then Jade isn't out of the game yet!

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
But Jade never "joined Raiden", she just kinda tagged along where Kitana went as per her Oath of duty.
She still takes orders from Outworld where she is a native.
I reject that. If she was taking orders from outworld she would have been trying to kill Raiden per Shao Khans orders...

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I reject that. If she was taking orders from outworld she would have been trying to kill Raiden per Shao Khans orders...
While Shao Khan may have been the ruler of outworld, you have to remember that he was not always the one personally giving orders. He does have generals, and Kitana's words would take priority so if she said "nah they're cool" then Jade wouldn't have a reason to try and kill raiden.

(she has tried to kill plenty of other people though)

On an off note though, Jade's soul is there with Quan Chi, so realistically she wouldn't be dead like the others.

Vandy

Kumite!
Yes, we have jumped to (reasonable) conclusions.

It is not so much Jade is dead - she was already dead in MK9 along with around 10 others.
It is that she is likely dead to MKX with Kitana's "Mournful" variation. That seems like a clear design decision to consolidate her into another character.

I suppose there is a small possibility that:
-Kitana only thinks she is dead
-She is dead but is later resurrected (the story covers 25 years)
-She is not dead but transformed into something not resembling the 'Old' Jade

But even if one of those is true she would still probably not be playable. I will definitely say this though, if we get zombie-Jade, Evil-jade, possessed-Jade or whatever that will be my character. The disrespect and hate she gets as a character only endears her more to me. If there is no Jade I might use mournful Kitana and hate myself.

The one thing that will make me really mad is if this scenario happens. Quan Chi is at the reanimation factory with all the dead warriors bringing them back to life for his evil army but when he gets to Jade he's all like "Nah, we good" because NRS says she is too weak to be useful.

Because if that happens I will totally know what it's like to be a Sub Zero player.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yes, we have jumped to (reasonable) conclusions.

It is not so much Jade is dead - she was already dead in MK9 along with around 10 others.
It is that she is likely dead to MKX with Kitana's "Mournful" variation. That seems like a clear design decision to consolidate her into another character.

I suppose there is a small possibility that:
-Kitana only thinks she is dead
-She is dead but is later resurrected (the story covers 25 years)
-She is not dead but transformed into something not resembling the 'Old' Jade

But even if one of those is true she would still probably not be playable. I will definitely say this though, if we get zombie-Jade, Evil-jade, possessed-Jade or whatever that will be my character. The disrespect and hate she gets as a character only endears her more to me. If there is no Jade I might use mournful Kitana and hate myself.

The one thing that will make me really mad is if this scenario happens. Quan Chi is at the reanimation factory with all the dead warriors bringing them back to life for his evil army but when he gets to Jade he's all like "Nah, we good" because NRS says she is too weak to be useful.

Because if that happens I will totally know what it's like to be a Sub Zero player.
She likely was revived and died saving Kitana in some war flashback.