What's new

A Unique Idea that will help the community.

Altaire

Dojo Trainee
Theres always the Mortal Massacre idea. Wink wink :D

-b_s- :headbang:
I have to go with Mortal Monday. It flows really well, and having a given day of the week makes it a lot more... Marketable, I suppose. I mean, think about it: Whenever you hear about an event associated with a day of the week, you think "Ooh, this is some weekly thing, I should check it out". I just think more people would respond to that.

That, and it has a really nice ring to it.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
What about Monday Night Kombat?
I was gonna post that :(

or if its on Sunday, go old school WWF flavor with SUNDAY NIGHTS MAIN EVENT.

regardless....

ALRIGHT........

Look, i had a long with my oldest daughters bday, family, etc etc. i have a headache. i dont feel like messing with this shit. so im not gonna delete any posts. Just work together and be respectful and there isnt anything to worry about. Any posts after this one will not only get deleted but i'll hand out infractions. Stop fucking fighting!!! Disagree with maturity and talk things out. Thats another way to use the PM system.

Cool? cool. :coffee:

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I have to go with Mortal Monday. It flows really well, and having a given day of the week makes it a lot more... Marketable, I suppose. I mean, think about it: Whenever you hear about an event associated with a day of the week, you think "Ooh, this is some weekly thing, I should check it out". I just think more people would respond to that.

That, and it has a really nice ring to it.
Bet. I was just re trolling my idea for shits n giggles. I love mortal Monday(s)

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I also like Thursday Night Throwdown.

But without the classic C word spelled with K, I guess it doesn't seem as cool lol

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Anyone with photo shop skills care to help me with ufc style bio card graphic concepts? I posted a text version outlining the idea a few pages back. I think it could really add some flair to the final product during editing.

CitizenSnips

Anyone with photo shop skills care to help me with ufc style bio card graphic concepts? I posted a text version outlining the idea a few pages back. I think it could really add some flair to the final product during editing.

OMFG NEED PHOTOSHOP NAOOOOO!!!!!!

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I would beast some together tonight, but my machine is in the process of a rebuild. It'll be about a week till my new motherboard and gfx cards get here :(

CitizenSnips

It'd be great if we could make posters and bio cards. Did you mean for specific players or just characters?

Also I'm so hyped for Summer Jam but while I'm there I'm gonna be refreshing the UFC 134 play-by-play like an addict. I'm such an MMA nerd I can't help it.

Creepy00

Mortal
Guys you know you could ask one of sig designers to help us with photo shop idea right? :)
I m pretty sure someone in the artist design threads can help us. To even up, they get a shout out.

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
I here by declare Me, Milky, and lady as the commentators. Case closed. No further questions. Altair is guilty of mentioning my name a few too many times. Snips gets the cookie of the year award. And i'm down for this.

King

Sig Maker

Yep. I'll have a sample posted here later tonight.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I totally forgot, I have a server reserved for web hosting at one of the biggest data centers in the world. It would be nothing at all to host mortalmonday.com or whatever it would be. I could even have it optimized for streaming video and flash-heavy user interface. Just a tidbit. :D

Altaire

Dojo Trainee
Wow, that's fucking awesome. Streaming with commentary might be a little difficult, but it'd definitely be cool. I think it'd be a lot easier to just record the matches beforehand, though. With everyone operating on different schedules, it'd make it a lot easier to just get everything done at some point over a two day period, then upload it every monday. Still, there's a lot of ways we could go with this.

King

Sig Maker
I'll have a sample posted here later tonight.
Here's just a small idea for the cards:

And this is a little BG to what they 'd look like:

This would be much much better but I just threw it together as sort of a demo.

CitizenSnips

Wow those cards look nice.

And I still think commentating while the match is going on would be better, but I guess it could work if they jsut watch it post-recording since it'd be hard to get 4 people on at the same time. Maybe shouldn't edit the commentary though just to try to keep it as "live" as it can possibly be.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Wow, that's fucking awesome. Streaming with commentary might be a little difficult, but it'd definitely be cool. I think it'd be a lot easier to just record the matches beforehand, though. With everyone operating on different schedules, it'd make it a lot easier to just get everything done at some point over a two day period, then upload it every monday. Still, there's a lot of ways we could go with this.
Absolutely. I think that's the plan anyway. Record the matches raw. Then do all of the other stuff in post production, commentary and all. It would require some acting skill on the part of commentators, but it would come of so much cleaner, especially if there are hype vids to promote. We'd want the audio to be of consistent quality all around

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Here's just a small idea for the cards:

And this is a little BG to what they 'd look like:

This would be much much better but I just threw it together as sort of a demo.
Dig it. I'll throw some ideas together tonorrrow at my bros place. Maybe we can include actual player pics in them. I'm loving all the creativity flowing around. I'll start working on some generic guitar riffs keying off the MK movie theme melody line, ala the Sports Center 'dun nunuh dun nunuh" and stuff for bumper music and sound beds.

Shady

Kombatant
Those are pretty cool, I've had an idea I've been working on for cards too, I'll throw them up tomorrow if Deus Ex doesn't get too much in the way of me being productive :p (Which it will :(). But this is awesome, I'm sure even if we start it small the rest of the community will come around.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Those are pretty cool, I've had an idea I've been working on for cards too, I'll throw them up tomorrow if Deus Ex doesn't get too much in the way of me being productive :p (Which it will :(). But this is awesome, I'm sure even if we start it small the rest of the community will come around.
Shady, King, pm me your emails, we can collaborate on the cards if you want tomorrow, bounce concepts around till their really refined and clean. 3 minds are better than one for sure. I'll have Sony Vegas on the machine ill be using, so i can even try to throw some animation ideas together for how the cards come onto the screen. Im off the next two days so I can get a lot done.