What's new

A Unique Idea that will help the community.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
PLEASE READ.

THIS CAN BE DONE ON BOTH CONSOLES AS LONG AS THERE IS A RECORDER. Matchups will have to be dictated by players who can face each other on their consoles.

Ladies and Gentleman...I come with an idea, an idea that in essence could shape the way we enjoy viewing online fighters.

I introduce to you, the ongoing Mortal Kombat weekly gaming event. Before I continue, I should say that this will be played ONLINE. Now I know this will detract some of the more experienced proponents of Mortal Kombat (like Tom Brady etc) but I think this idea can work and I am willing to invest a lot of time and effort into it.

The Premise:

A weekly "ppv type event" that consists of matches that are previously announced. Pre match interviews will be conducted via skype or read by me for the person. Picture it as a semi hype up. The matches will be first to three. First combatant to reach 3 wins wins the match. The idea behind this is that people will have something to look forward to and give the matches a sense of purpose. Players can study their opponents (if they are well known) and see if they can take them down. The pre match interview stuff should be highly entertaining and allow the community to understand how true professional players think about matchups.

The Matches
Matches as said above will be announced before the tournament. Along with a hype video. These matches will be pre recorded via KOTH and a recorder, (I do not currently possess a capture card but that may change depending on the interest in this project). Matches will be edited and commentary will be provided.

I am thinking each "card" will be composed of 6 Matches.

The main event (two established players going head 2 head)
Co Main event (See above)
The grudge match (call outs, saltyness etc etc)
Special Type match (Could be mirror matches, hyper combat, etc etc)
2xOpening Bouts (Consists of some not extremely well known players so they can dip their feet into the scene)

All matches would follow the 3 wins rule.

The Follow Up

After the matches post match interviews will be held via skype or sent to me via text to be read by me. These will then be displayed after the match. this allows the world to see the saltyness or allow the winner to explain how he won and how the match in general was for them and of course allow the loser to bitch.

All of this packed together should create about an hour long "event" or show that will be displayed on youtube or some other site willing to host it.

What I Need

A ton of support. I need you, the community to help with this project. We need some notables (THTB, MILKY, Brady would be pretty epic etc) to help.

A dedicated recorder- Someone willing to record the matches and then send them to me for editing. This particular job may be taken up by me eventually depending on how reliable our recorder is.

A host- I can do this on youtube but having a already established host would be best.

Issues

Lag obviously, however these are not competitive tournaments these are ways to increase the notoriety of the scene and create a truly unique viewing experience.

Players. We need established people to draw viewership. While this is a non profit project, the notoriety participants may gain playing this should make the experience worth while.

Console availability. Matchups will need to be dictated based upon what consoles people have.

A fun and entertaining atmosphere. We all know losing sucks, but ham it up for this. Make it fun, it is all about entertainment and furthering the scene.

This topic will be updated as interest grows but right now I am looking for a dedicated list of people that would be interested in doing this. I know a few people from GameFAQS are interested, but we will obviously need more support then that.

So right now...

Current Personnel

Match Commentators: SirAltaire, Shady9XD (This should be interesting) GamerBlake90(When he is ready)
Backup Commentators: Take2Chance, CitizenSNlPS

Players:
Take2Chance (Xbox360)
Zyns(Xbox360)
CitizenSNlPS(Xbox360)
TrickyNick90(Xbox 360)
NeutralThought (Xbox360)
Oh Hai Im Bryan(Xbox 360)
K7l33tha(Xbox 360)
Shady9XD(Xbox360)
GoldmanHotD(Xbox 360)
solicitingdeath(Xbox 360)
JGuthrie(Xbox 360)
Milky Situation (Xbox 360)
Lion HeartV1 (Xbox 360)
x THTB x (Xbox 360)
Osu16Bit (Xbox 360)
x King of NYC x (Xbox360)
OZombiePenguinO(Xbox 360)
Z911TheThug(Xbox 360)
movezero(Xbox 360)
BigWillie54(Xbox 360)
a quiet cactus (Xbox 360)
Illegal (Xbox 360)
xXbeef_supremeXx (PS)
Gamma-is-Back(PS)
hotsauce2888(PS)
houndovhell(PS)
Admiral_Augustus (PS)
Subzero142 (PS)
aj1701(PS)
Subby-Z(PS)
DFogz(PS)
Joker8417(PS)
Random_Name_63(PS)
TheChad_87(PS)
CaliMaestro(PS)
TheChad_87(PS)
crazy_shoryy_88 (Shoryuken) (PS)
Vote4theGote (PS)

Music: Shadowbeats (Check his stuff on youtube it's great)

Graphics: NYKING, and Beefsupreme (both unconfirmed but offered)

Editor: Take2Chance (Me)

Recorder: Wile E Jaguar (Xbox 360), GamerBlake90(In the future), Talyn (PS3)

NEEDS

Recorders:[NYC] King (Xbox 360), MadHattr13(PS3), Wile E Jaguar (Xbox 360) beef_supreme (Maybe) CitizenSNlPS (Maybe), Jimmy Potato (Maybe), Gamerblake90 (When he is ready)

Hosts:

Name: Mortal Monday (Best choice so far, but will it run into Copyright issues?)

This post will be updated as more people agree to participate. I would like the first session to be completed asap possibly as early as next week if I get enough people interested.

CARDS:
Mortal Monday 1
Main Event: THTB vs 16Bit
Co Main Event: Milky Situation vs LionHeart
Grudge Match: Take2Chance vs Jimmy Potato (stemming from a drunken challenge on Gamefaqs)
Tag Team Match: SNlPS vs ZYNS
Opening Match: The Chad vs AdmiralAugustus (PS if we get a recorder)
Opening Match: TrickyNick90 vs movezero

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
In. My availablity sucks, (work, band etc) but I'm in! Like admiral, I just love playing, win lose or draw. Hell if we could get even half of The Wharf crew, we'd have some hype-ass matches.

-b_s- :headbang:

Great idea man, a fun online casual scene. That COULD lead to having it's own stream.. hmm.
Along with the said rules: no ps3 wireless(Joking.), no kratos/street stage, and Winner keeps character.
I will be willing to participate, and will soon be getting a Head-set to talk/commentate.
(Note: I don't know how bad my lag will be, last time it was bad...just ask Admiral.)
~Hound.

redeyes

Button Masher
:rofl: I prolly wont use him inless im getting my ass beat. More then likely I will use smoke. Besides Bryan we have great Mileena vs Kabal matches someone got to beat you haha.
well right now anyone can beat me i just switched to a ps2 controller. i cant even IAS after telekick :(

This is for 360 too right? If so then I'm down! I'd appreciate this being in the weekend or Friday because school doesnt me play during the week:(

chalk me up for some newbie matches, i got a headset aswell, and a decent connection, seems like this will be fun, and a cool way to meet and play some new people.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I'm building a pretty beast graphics/recording setup right now. I plan on testing it out on some matches at home to see how much HD quality I can preserve while making it web friendly. The end game is going to be for my bands needs, but I'm sure it could be applied here as well. I will make sure to keep you posted on how its going. But if the quality I can get is anything less than awesome, I wont do it, I'm too much of a perfectionist. :D

-b_s- :headbang: