What's new

A UFGT Warning: MUST READ FOR ALL ATTENDING

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDM

Noob
One of the main complaints was that MK9 top 8 was scheduled late and after tekken which ran late of course. That made it was impossible to get a decent nights sleep by this standard unless I literally dropped and fell asleep in the ballroom lol. I know he noted this and wont make this mistake again, im just giving context. I know the guys that run UFGT and they dont hate NRS games. They issues from last UFGT were errors. UFGT 2011 and 2012 were awesome for MK9. I had fun at UFGT 2013 personally as well
Damn, I didn't know this. That really sucks :/

KDZ

It's amore, BABY.
Keits has always been very particular about this with his tournaments.

Nothing to do with "East", nothing to do with "West", and everything to do with Keits running the tightest ship possible.

He explained his system and reasoning, essentially his ideology to me years ago at an EC event on how he runs events.

Due to the fact that it's not arbitrary, and it's necessary / expected especially with the strictness of pool running times (if you've never experienced Keits tournament pools... lets just say be there on time or just stay asleep), I back him 100% with this.

Cash

Noob
Seriously all of the things he is doing is fine with me and should be fine with all of you! First off keits runs a tight ship which means pool assignments will be clear as possible and no one will get favoritism like certain events do. Second he told you an advanced that plan to play your game on Friday! I signed up my entire team and let them know we had to be by Thursday night and if they couldn't get the time off sorry I guess they couldn't go. The $60 door fee is probably the best thing in the world! It makes people do this little productive thing called pre reg! With that it lets the TO plan events better and players prepare themselves better. If you are going to create more work you should be charged! I personally hate at door registration MLG doesn't offer it I don't believe so, so why should grass roots?! I think this major is going to be solid if you planned accordingly. Sorry to those who don't read the fine print on contracts to purchase things be thankful it was just a tournament and not a life changing purchase.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Funny story I got dqed from igau and djt from mk last year lol, dem time zone differences#YEEAAPPPP
Maaaan, we gotta arrange an Official Papa Terry Wake-Up Call this year to make sure that doesn't happen again.

Maaaan, we gotta arrange an Official Papa Terry Wake-Up Call this year to make sure that doesn't happen again.
Lol we should've told our grandpa since we were with him and our grandma visiting family haha, we would like to to go, but can't unfortunately. Catch us at mlg bringing the hype tho and we will be watching ufgt fo sho.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
FGC logic --

• Demands grassroot tournaments to be on par with MLG level of organization, proper pools, on time, no favoritism, no late registration ($60 penalty, that's your fault could of had it for $35 IIRC) and pool shenanigans, in short no bullshit
  • Keits provides this
  • FGC is unable to comprehend, because it's too busy being butthurt due to a couple of Midwest guys that shitted on East Coast tournaments organization skills
  • UFGT states that the tournament as a whole starts Friday, May 23rd, 2014, which includes all games including Injustice.
  • Still unable to comprehend
  • GG no re, Keits isn't a pushover, but is reasonable, just like any other professional organization
The only mistake Keits made is giving a 2 week notification to possibly switch flights for people. MLG gives like a month or so notice for flights. I'll give you that criticism regarding UFGT. Everything else just sounds to me like people just being spiteful babies and overlooking his organizational skills because some guys shitted on EC tournaments and you feel the need to get revenge.

Sad.

Wonder why FGC never gets anywhere. Look at the bigger picture. He runs good tournaments.

/flameshield
name one east coast player attending this event, also name one east coast player saying anything about this tournament in a bad manner. if you can't then stop putting EC in this mess when no one from the EC is even going and shouldn't have a say in this anyway. i'm so tired of EC being blame for every little fucking thing on this site by everyone not in the EC, and when someone is being a douche on tym people just assume he/she/it is from the EC.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
name one east coast player attending this event, also name one east coast player saying anything about this tournament in a bad manner. if you can't then stop putting EC in this mess when no one from the EC is even going and shouldn't have a say in this anyway. i'm so tired of EC being blame for every little fucking thing on this site by everyone not in the EC, and when someone is being a douche on tym people just assume he/she/it is from the EC.
Frantastic is East Coast, Frantastic is going to the event and Frantastic shit on the tournament.

Maybe read the whole thread before you rant next time?

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Frantastic is East Coast, Frantastic is going to the event and Frantastic shit on the tournament.

so @Frantastic23 holy shit man you going to take us all to UFGT in the franvan right? since mr MBb3 on reaction here said you were going man. if thats what you call shitting on a tournament then you weren't at final round......oh wait.......nvr mind. i rest my case, most of the people complaining in this thread are people who are going, or went to the last UFGT. maybe YOU should read the thread next time before you say anything out of your smart ass.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
so @Frantastic23 holy shit man you going to take us all to UFGT in the franvan right? since mr MBb3 on reaction here said you were going man. if thats what you call shitting on a tournament then you weren't at final round......oh wait.......nvr mind. i rest my case, most of the people complaining in this thread are people who are going, or went to the last UFGT. maybe YOU should read the thread next time before you say anything out of your smart ass.
He insulted it twice, dont know what you are talking about. His posts implied he was going, and he is East Coast. If nothing else, I still answered half of your questions.

It is pretty amazing how pissed you get about these sorts of discussions though. Like, boohoo, people scapegoat the East Coast on an internet forum. It must really be taking its toll on you.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!

Frans not going. Minor detail. And i mean its not the biggest of deals when everything bad is related towards the east coast. Its kinda just like there is no reason to do it most of the time. Even more so when the things being related to it isnt actually true. Its like anyone has the opportunity so say whatever they want. But that doesnt mean they should say it. Shrugs. Also im about 90% sure Fran was in hard core trolling Mode.

coolwhip

Noob
In fairness, the EC have been pretty harsh re: UFGT in the past, especially the OBS propaganda. Just look at who "likes" every post bashing UFGT and you'll know what I mean.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I wonder how much of the pools will be streamed?

Last year we got one 2 hr block for Injustice. In comparison, I think there was only a single 2 hour block out of the entire AE pools that wasn't streamed :(

Here's to hoping we get a little more love this year, as we missed most of the best matches last time.

thehadou

Bumbling towards greatness.

Last year we got one 2 hr block for Injustice. In comparison, I think there was only a single 2 hour block out of the entire AE pools that wasn't streamed :(

Here's to hoping we get a little more love this year, as we missed most of the best matches last time.
Man, I love Injustice. We're streaming 6 full blocks of Injustice, 4 pool blocks, the top 16 - top 8 block, and top 8 on Sunday. Injustice actually has more stream time than AE, and equal stream time if you consider Ultra as the same title. Shy of constant blow-ups or a pool block getting scratched, you should get 12 hours of streamed Injustice.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Man, I love Injustice. We're streaming 6 full blocks of Injustice, 4 pool blocks, the top 16 - top 8 block, and top 8 on Sunday. Injustice actually has more stream time than AE, and equal stream time if you consider Ultra as the same title. Shy of constant blow-ups or a pool block getting scratched, you should get 12 hours of streamed Injustice.
Nice -- found the stream schedule, and it looks so much better this year. Seems fair all around, and it's going to be great to be able to check out more of the IGAU pools.

Also that 2pm Top 8 slot on BgCallisto is a major improvement.

Last edited:

haketh

Noob

Ya know if you looked at the schedule ..... >.>

Oh wait this current problem......

Keits

Direktor

Injustice had 10 hours of stream time at UFGT9. We streamed the C block, the D block, the Injustice Auction, The top 16, and the Top 8. Stop. http://ufgtus.wordpress.com/schedule/archive/

(SF4 had 12 hours, UMvC3 had 14 hours, and Divekick had 2.5 hours of stream time at UFGT9 for comparison. Injustice had 3rd most by a large margin) Please stop lying to everyone about this, it doesn't help anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.