What's new

A little ticked off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyy

Noob
I’m wondering what to do about the players that just mash d1 how do I get around it and has it affected how much fun you’re having playing the game because between the d1 mashing and the 9,000 scorpion match ups I just

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah that's a big thing lol. mash D1 throw, repeat. I've done it too just to counter that tactic. The game I feel is a pokefest at times. I just block low and immediately counter poke, throw, jail them as best I can.

Gaxkang

Banned
The way it should work is you block their D1 and you should be able to D1 back. Online that may not always happen I suppose.
It may also be possible to block the D1 and then throw...but again, may not always work out.
I wouldn't try neutral jumping.

If they are really just mashing D1 you also are supposed to be able to block it and back away a bit (and thus whiff punish) but again online that may not always happen.

I'm not sure why backdash is even in the game since it doesn't seem useful heh.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Block the d1 and do your own d1 canceled into a special. Make them respect the followup to your d1. Once they start respecting the special, then you can start doing d1 throw, d1 string, d1 jump, d1 shimmy, etc. But the first step is to just block the d1 and counter-poke.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Against Mashers I just always do d1xxspecial. Especially if it's a launcher, basically a free round if they don't block it two or three times...and they never do.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
YOU CANT MASH IN MK STOP THIS FUCKING INSANITY

What you guys do is want to mash back d1 and you miss time it over and over so you keep getting hit. AT MAX you can only do 3 down pokes.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
pokes being negative is kind of irrelevant. The recovery for d1s range from 13-20 frames..

People here sometimes cant react to 25+frame overheads...

They could make pokes -10 but if their recovery is 11 frames then it wont make a damn difference unless you have super human reactions...

I think this is the point that half of the people here are not understanding.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
You can block and counter poke. After their poke, they are going to be negative. I like to use D3 (instead of D1) in a counter poke situation because it has better frames on hit.
Should the D3 actually hit, it's party time because that jails and mashers are going to eat my choice of combo.
Raiden is my main, and is actually blessed with a fair few mids with good start up and range, so for me personally it's not a big problem. I love mashers because it's practically a free win if they don't knock it off.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Block it and D1 back, if my D1 hits I either throw or go into a quick ish string once the respect me. Or sometimes I’ll just move backwards to be in range of my best normals.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Status
Not open for further replies.