What's new

Breakthrough - Dragons Fire a lesson to be learnt in frame data lol

So with much!!! testing , Liu kangs b1 FIRST OFF is 10 frames!!! NOT 9 . This means that after FK MB , EVERY CHARACTER in the game with fastest move 8 frames can trade!!!
ANY 7 frame move WILL WIN if Liu kang follows up with b1!
I have been testing this for a long time with fellow Liu kang players and for the last hour gone over the same thing JUST TO BE SURE. This is 100% certain!! :) (god I'm glad this hour is over lol) And this is big for the Liu haters I believe.

I repeat :) , LIU KANG LOCKS DOWN NO CHARACTER IN THIS GAME! THERE IS NO INFINITE WHAT SO EVER

@AK L0rdoftheFLY @YOMI DJT @zyphox @SylverRye @GreatKungLao @A F0xy Grampa @xXxNasHxXx @Bruno-NeoSpace @Kickbykick @Percimon and every one else

Edit:

I feel that we need a thread explaining what's going on, not having to go through all these pages, I renamed thread. Dizzy knows his stuff, I understood mk9 frame data, but all I gathered from mkx is that every move is actually a frame slower than what it actually says due to the block stun? I think 80% or more don't get it in this game, I would love a thread that everyone could look at

I'll call it a lesson to be learned in frame data, until a proper thread can go out
Dizzy's reply on page 3:
This is not backed up by frame data or any examples I've found. I've looked into this extensively.

That is the problem with your test; normals and specials are different when reversals are involved. Spin is 7 frames, when is done as a reversal it hits in 7 frames. However a 7 frame d1 will hit on frame 8. If spin is not trading that does not mean anything. Reversals remove one frame of blockstun as a system mechanic of the game.

Of course Liu Kang's b1 hits on frame 10, it has 9 frames of startup then it's active frames begin. Just like Kung Jin's 7f startup D1 hits on frame 8. That is how the frame data is listed for this game. It's the old-school style of frame data, where startup is listed seperately from the first active frame. (This is different than @Somberness MK9 frame data for example)

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you conclude that b1 is 10 frames?

If this is the case I can update the frame data, but want to know how you tested
Couple examples , Liu kang s1 is 100% plus 2 on block . So set Kung Lao to reversal spin and do s1 into b1 , it should trade but it won't. Then try FK MB which is plus 2 also , and again follow up with b1 it should trade but it won't . Then I spent over one hour with takeda and did FK MB into b1 until I get the perfect b1 frame and do d1 with takeda which it should lose, but it will trade at perfect frame

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I agree with the OP. Something never felt right as I never felt confident swinging after FK mb.

This game is more than just math. You want to base MU numbers based on math, go play SF. With breathing hitboxes, small medium and large bodies, low profiling, armor, pushback, travel time of attacks etc. you CANNOT look at the frame data and draw conclusions.

This applies to everyone including the most "famous" of players.

@xarakamaka can you please use Kenshi as an example?

Last edited:
This game is more than just math. You want to base MU numbers based on math, go play SF. With breathing hitboxes, small medium and large bodies, low profiling, armor, pushback, travel time of attacks etc. you CANNOT look at the frame data and draw conclusions.

This applies to everyone including the most "famous" of players.

@xarakamaka can you please use Kenshi as an example?
It's not just maths if I've TESTED IT lol..... Wtf test yourself then

I thought b1 was 10 frames for the last like 4 months or so , I've proven my end, if anyone wants to prove me wrong then please be my guest but I'm not testing this anymore, other people test the same thing for an hour after FK MB , i feel a little crazy after it :D haha

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
I thought b1 was 10 frames for the last like 4 months or so , I've proven my end, if anyone wants to prove me wrong then please be my guest but I'm not testing this anymore, other people test the same thing for an hour after FK MB , i feel a little crazy after it :D haha
I try. I mean, I really do try not to be rude.
But I'm going to say it like it is.

No one gives a fuck whether b1 is 9f or 10f.

too long;can't read:

E

Eldriken

And here comes another thread full of arguing. God damn.

Props to you Xarakamaka if this turns out to be quite useful in the future.

This is hardly huge and too reliant on highly relative information.
A just-frame escape is supposed to work consistently? What about characters without 7f armor e.g. the majority?
I'm not going to argue , everyone knows this is big as this is one of the reasons ppl rage about Liu kang , please don't be that guy lol . Everyone who knows the Liu kang issue knows this is BIG , HE CANNOT JAIL :) , anything else said then I won't reply. All the Liu kang mains know this is big along with the community . Sorry dude I don't want to argue whether you think this is big or not when we all know it is, this is why people were calling Nerfs dude lol I'm sure you know that, well this prevents that because the information released before is false :) , good day to you bro I'm not here for hate :)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Record B1 and then run on a editing program.

If your vid was directly extracted from PS4, so the 60fps is reduced to 30fps for quality reasons, so if b1 is really 10f then it should be 5f running at 30fps

If you record with an HDMI device (Hauppage) you can set it up to run at 60fps, it should tell you exactly the startup frames.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
@xarakamaka sounds like youve put the work in so b1 is 10 frames, that means people need to work on their execution (aka Go training and learn timing)

Just frame escape if LK is just framing his b1 for 7 frames and just frame trade with 8 frames is still scary as fuck though, in time people will realise the patches are few and far between and will stop whining and hit the lab. Good shit, no more excuses!

Record B1 and then run on a editing program.

If your vid was directly extracted from PS4, so the 60fps is reduced to 30fps for quality reasons, so if b1 is really 10f then it should be 5f running at 30fps

If you record with an HDMI device (Hauppage) you can set it up to run at 60fps, it should tell you exactly the startup frames.
Don't need to even do that , even if it says it's 9 frames then it makes no sense, do what I tested if anyone doubts :) it's correct dude, dizzy said he tested it and it's 9 and that f213 fbrc is plus 13 but it's plus 14 I did that by testing myself :) , it's deffinately 10 dude , you can see yourself . Just try it with examples I gave. but thanks for your recommendation. It's appreciated

mrKrucifix

Just call me Kruce
Somebody please record this. I want to believe, but I can't until I see this work with every character with an 8 frame D1.