What's new

A detailed guide on Raijin Raiden - Strategy, Kombos, Baiting, and Ranked Matches

I've been using 12 xx db4amp in situations where the opponent is -11 or lower. Most of the situations are f/block punishes, e.g. Jade's B3434, Liu Kang's F43U3, Shao's F14. It can also be used as a jab punisher @ 7f startup.

12 xx DB4amp, F2, 12 xx DB2 - 310 damage. It also works on small hitbox characters since it starts point blank.

I'd like to also point out that after db4amp, f2, you can fit an 11 frame move in as an ender, be it b12 1+3 or f32.
243 can land the first hit but whiffs the low kick; doesn't seem possible outside of the corner.

New optimal corner combo (male only):
  • f4~db4amp, f2, 243~db2 - 377dmg 1 bar (404dmg 2 bar)
Restands (do not amp discharge in the corner. Leaves them standing and you at -2)

Male​
  • f4~db4amp, f2, 243~db3 - 345dmg 1 bar
Female​
  • f4~db4amp, f2, 4~db3 - 323dmg 1 bar

Last edited:
Some tidbits vs Jade Emerald Defender;
  • DF2 doesn't work on Glow, so she can punish safe block strings when it's active.
  • DB2 completely shutdown her air rang. Wins the trade as well. Doesn't work if Glow is active.
  • Air Superman beats Air Rang + Glow.
  • One of the easiest MU's to get Superman KB.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Some tidbits vs Jade Emerald Defender;
  • DF2 doesn't work on Glow, so she can punish safe block strings when it's active.
  • DB2 completely shutdown her air rang. Wins the trade as well. Doesn't work if Glow is active.
  • Air Superman beats Air Rang + Glow.
  • One of the easiest MU's to get Superman KB.
Tight work folks, will toad test some of these new BnBs tonight once I'm home from work!
I would probably play TW in this MU haha

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Tight work folks, will toad test some of these new BnBs tonight once I'm home from work!
Mid screen Raiden has different enders he can do. End in DF2 then dash up into F4 range for footsies/end in F32 then dash up to be right next to them/end in superman for corner carry/end in DB2 for damage. All allow for QC set up after knock down too.

EDIT: I found that with the exception of F32, all of his enders put Raiden at this position where one dash up will place you almost back into F4 range. So summon lightning is probably still the superior ender midscreen and in the corner :)

Last edited: