What's new

A Critical Look at Injustice: Post EVO Review

Justice

Noob
definitely, the more communities, the better for the skill level we'll see at tournaments. I think ppl are going overboard with this "skill gap" talk and what not, it is the FIRST evo for this game and it has only been out 3 months.
Definitely! I'm just pissed I didn't get to meet you guys at EVO :(

low_kix

Noob
no offense, but that is such a stupid mentality. criticism is always helpful.

with a game, you want to draw in more fans and keep them playing -- not just say "dun liek it? f0k off den m8".
You're taking a quote out of context. I'm not going to repeat everything all over again but criticism is fine, but many people here are losing sight of what this is all about: playing a video game and having fun. There's people here that seem to genuinely hate this game, and they're hoping if they bitch enough it will be changed into something is not meant to be

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Xenrail

Noob
Damn I disagree with quite a few things here. One of the most pertinent being "broken" toolsets. Do you really want all the characters to be a boring underpowered copy paste?

this game is fine and a great improvement from mk9 .
if you didnt see the vast amount of entrants, that mk9 never came close to in its 3 years at evo,then i dont know.
why cant people accept this game for what it is instead of wanting it to be something else.
this is the first NRS game to receive such international attention and entrants.
i can only see this game getting stronger yes we wont have the same top mk9 players top in injustice but is that a bad thing.

Too bad so many people are going to ignore this. The fact that Injustice sold more than MK9 could be questioned because of the IP behind it.

But the fact that EVO entrants doubled MK9 and stream viwership is 5-10 times the size of viewership for any time I used to watch MK9 at tournaments or Wednesday Night Fights says these complaints to

"PLEASE THINK OF THE NEWBIES"

is completely overblown and needs to be reexamined.

I'm saying the game isn't perfect. I'm also saying most people in this thread lack perspective of historical trends of Netherrealm games.

So I suggest to keep in mind that this game is simply flat out more appealing than any previous Netherrealm game and offer suggestions that don't try to make it into MK9 again, which is obviously the motivation for some people in here who claim zoning is overpowered.

Side Notes:

Each move needs to fit a role. Safe, damaging, fast – pick two. The rule as old as fgs go.
I would say this game has four roles. The 4th could be called "subversive". For example, there a tons of ways to subvert expectations of moves because of how they trade with normals and interactibles. There are other subversive elements like sudden movement/positional change options.
Your citation on moves within the same character not being balanced have merit.

A lot of characters in the game were given multiple ways to change jump arcs – However , lack of reliable AA's makes this options obsolette.
They are trying to address this but their most recent patch to address this wasn't that long ago. Considering their past history you'll get your wish if the state of AA still seems lackluster.

How come Injustice falls so far behind? (In ranked leagues)
Because there isn't middleware for league systems. Every developer has to build this from scratch and Netherrealm was late to the online competitive scene.

We as a more experienced community should advise them on the best elements they could adopt and what forms of under the hood tools like ELO should be used.