What's new

A.B.I.torial: Mortal Kombat 11

JTC

ABILITY TO FREEZE
If it sucks then how did it make evo and every other major? lol Certain aspects of gameplay need some improving, but sucks? No. Nobody complaining about the artistic style of mk but this kid lol. I see why you're mad bruh, no rain lol
Money.

Do you actually believe hes the only person complaining about the art and animation? Lmao

Amygdala please have mercy on this poor bastard.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Now people are that desperate to attack premium supporters lol. I guess these tools don't realize it helps the site, not MK. Derp. Buying the games helps NRS which we all have even the haters lol. Posers.... :D

Money.

Do you actually believe hes the only person complaining about the art and animation? Lmao

Amygdala please have mercy on this poor bastard.
What is not about money now days though? lol That's the name of the game with games, movies, etc but you still need a loyal fanbase to make money. Yeah pretty much, outside of like 2 people on here who always whine about animations on NRS or other trivial shit like "omg someone's nose or hair isn't real looking enough" and Art? I have seen nobody complain about the art, maybe someone's design but that has nothing to do with the art itself. That's just how someone portrays someone like you know when they make Cassie look like a dude with no personality for example.

Who is Amygddala, that like a false God or something? lol

Last edited:
That journalist telling the story lacks any sort of emotion, the voice actor outright sounds bored, just reading up from a manuscript. The angle could've been more interesting, but the monotone voice acting drowns out everything else happening in that story mode.
Well that and for all the characters we complain or roast in MK for jobbing to a hero or villain, at least these characters are in the story doing something.

Tekken for the huge cast it does have used a handful of non-mishima characters and called it a day. T6 tried harder in its Scenario Campaign. The best thing that Story mode to 7 ever did was give us a cool Devil Kazuya (that you can't even use online) and remix the theme from the intro to Tekken 5. The whole story is a mess anyway, who are we supposed to feel sorry for? Kazuya? Heihachi? Kazumi? Jin? These all end up being assholes of varying extremes and your best hero is a character nobody wants to see as the main character again (Lars)

Also if I recall Tekken 4-7 happens within the span of a year and that's...stupid. Tekken used to have some damn good lore back then, then it stumbled in 5, fell off a cliff in 6 and now shambles about like a zombie in 7.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Now people are that desperate to attack premium supporters lol. I guess these tools don't realize it helps the site, not MK. Derp. Buying the games helps NRS which we all have even the haters lol. Posers.... :D

What is not about money now days though? lol That's the name of the game with games, movies, etc but you still need a loyal fanbase to make money. Yeah pretty much, outside of like 2 people on here who always whine about animations on NRS or other trivial shit like "omg someone's nose or hair isn't real looking enough" and Art? I have seen nobody complain about the art, maybe someone's design but that has nothing to do with the art itself. That's just how someone portrays someone like you know when they make Cassie look like a dude with no personality for example.

Who is Amygddala, that like a false God or something? lol
Your insight is lacking :DOGE

Blazeglory88

50/50 Savant - Lore>Gore
If you can't agree with the poor animations atleast youre eather:

1. biased fanboy
  2. Low IQ
  3. not a fan of fighting games bc of the fighting
or you work at NRS.

Last and only hope for the MK series is new developers, writers and actors and Boon should involve more, bc he is obviously not.
At this point i'll just take compitant writers. Please NRS just fix the lore. PLEASE!

xKMMx

Banned
He's right about

The Fatal Blow mechanic being flawed
Having a button dedicated to stance switching is stupid.
MK characters lacking personality

I'm not grossed out by the violence in the game, just bored.

NRS games also have boring ass music, it's very quiet and not memorable. Listen to the music in old KOF games, Guilty Gear and Killer Instinct, you can have an idea of what type of personality your character have just by listening to his/her theme song.
I will say there were a few good stage themes in MKX and cant speak to MK9 but the sounds in MK3 were the shit.

In terms of the Story Line, consistency, and presentation, it seems to me that Mortal Kombat, despite its flaws, has the best of the genre.

And with how Mortal Kombat 11 ends, they have opened the way to do whatever they want. The problem is no matter what they do, there's always going to be fans that disapprove to outright hate it since it doesn't live up to the way that they wanted things to be.

C-Sword

Noob
Honestly, it doesn't matter if NRS improve their animations or not, as long as they make their games as violent as possible or have comic book characters, they're going to outsell their competitors, casuals are going to buy them.

NPD just release a chart for the top selling fighting games, SFV and Tekken 7 didn't even make the list.

MKF30

They confirmed that MK 11 is also the first fighting game to be the top selling game for every console the month it came out, that's never happened before. Just saying, and the comic book character being DLC I don't think makes much of a difference. Spawn isn't even out yet the game has already been one of 2019's best selling games. I just think they actually put effort into DLC and not just generic DLC or clones of preexisting characters. Not only is that better than other FG on release for multiple platforms but the fact that it still bested other popular genres which typically take priority over a fighting game like Days Gone, COD 4 etc is pretty impressive considering.

https://www.vg247.com/2019/05/22/mortal-kombat-11-dominates-april-npd-report/

It was also the top seller of May
https://www.vg247.com/2019/06/19/mortal-kombat-11-nintendo-switch-headline-may-2019-sales/?utm_source=vg247&utm_medium=sidebar&utm_campaign=Mortal+Kombat+11+claims+another+month++May+NPD

Now like I've said earlier the game is not perfect obviously, nothing is but for those people like "MK needs new people, new company blah, blah, blah" I can't imagine anyone else doing better than best selling game first two months of release for a Fighting game of all genres... The only other FG to sell insane like that is Smash because everyone likes Smash just about, and I know some here may not even consider it a traditional fighting game which it's definitely not your standard 1 on 1 fighter but anyway I'm not sure which will wind up selling more overall between MK X or MK 11. MK 11 is still selling and I'm sure it'll have a spike for Christmas time like most big games.

gitblame

Noob
We can all talk a lot of shit about MK11. I would be one of people who can go for hours about what I dislike about MK11, but yeah. It's the best fighting game we currently have as a consumer product.

Fighting games have huge problem. There is almost nothing to do. Often they have non story mode or a lazy story mode that is there only because it feels mandatory. You endup with offline 1v1, online, 1h story mode and practice. In MK11 - even if you are not into competetive gaming - there is a lot of content to unlock. You can argue if progression system was well made or not, but the fact is that NRS games are the only ones that actually give players something to do after first day except playing vs your friend offline or poor online.

That's why MK games sell numbers are leagues better than other fighters but at the same time at tournaments you have more entrants for Tekken than for MK. Tekken was made for fighting game players. MK was made for people who like to play games.

About animations - I am not an expert like this guyt from youtube. For me MK11 animations look not only good, but also you can see a huge improvement from previous games. And probably this is perception for regular consumer perspective. As this guy said, how Kung Lao is animated when he uses his hat in his kung-fu sequences is just amazing.

MK and SF are like night and day. DC and Marvel. The Ying and the Yang. Doesn't mean one's necessarily inferior or superior, just different which if you ask me makes it unique. I'd also like to ask, and while I do have my issues with MK 11(just not trivial opinionated shit like this guy) I'd like to ask him, why is it then that the past few MK games have sold much better than SF 5 and Tekken 7? hmm
because 12 year old kids love gore in videogames.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
If you liked this video and think animations in mk11 suck your either a :

1. Moron
  2. Idiot
  3. Retard
  4. Assholescratcher
Lore nerds uncoming

MKF30

because 12 year old kids love gore in videogames.
Uh huh, I bet 12 year olds kept the franchise going all these years too. 12 Year olds love video games in general, doesn't have to be gore in it.

Last edited:

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
How come that 90% of premium supporters are biased af? All critisicm towards MK is a joke, makes no sense, blabla instead of saying why he's a joke and bring up some facts.

premium supporters my ass lol. yall make yourself look like biased no lifers with that stupid attitude
I could turn that around and ask why so many people are here for the sole purpose of shitting on MK/NRS. The amount of negativity here just makes for a miserable experience and is why I rarely even bother visiting anymore.

MKF30

I could turn that around and ask why so many people are here for the sole purpose of shitting on MK/NRS. The amount of negativity here just makes for a miserable experience and is why I rarely even bother visiting anymore.
Exactly, like there's a difference between having gripes with the game and flat out hating/bashing every NRS game constantly. Shit gets older than the Elder Gods lol

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Actual animatior explains how MK11 animations could improve...

OR

some person on the internet who cant handle a valid critique without slinging insults...

Hmmmm
Seems like your the one being so defensive about it, im just copy pasting in this thread lol

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Seems like your the one being so defensive about it, im just copy pasting in this thread lol
It's not easy to discern what is and isnt sarcasm on a text based forum, but I'm not being defensive so much as I cant for the life of me understand why some people fly all the way off the handle over a reasonable op ed.