What's new

8 on the Break Tournament aiming for January 26th

summoning

Noncompliance to ASTM F 899-12 Standard
tim: i cant play on the pad i tried for many months, seeing people do combos and play so well on a pad is more amazing to me
I think its very talented to play on the pad

Noob
Shock said:
I will teach you how to get adjusted to the stick and how to commit to movements. You will like the stick by the end of the night and wnat to buy one.
Cool... I really appreciate it. I know I want one anyway b/c I'm looking to play even more competatively... and I've seen that the most competative players use the stick almost exclusively.

Tim Static

Adminerator
summoning said:
tim: i cant play on the pad i tried for many months, seeing people do combos and play so well on a pad is more amazing to me
I guess so, but I've tried for months to get used to that pad (360 that is) and it just still feels so awkward. I guess I'm better at MKT on a PS3 pad, but damn, I am alot better on a stick. But thats just me.

Crazy is one of the best in the world, and he doesnt use a stick, so there is hope for everyone! haha sike, jk

I used a pad for almost a year. It took me several months to get as good as I was with a pad, and I still couldnt nail moves like I can with a stick. Sticks just work better. If you master both, stick will work better.

I'll be down there earlier, I'm shooting to leave here by 3pm or a bit sooner.

summoning

Tim Static said:
summoning said:
I guess so, but I've tried for months to get used to that pad (360 that is) and it just still feels so awkward. I guess I'm better at MKT on a PS3 pad, but damn, I am alot better on a stick. But thats just me.

Crazy is one of the best in the world, and he doesnt use a stick, so there is hope for everyone! haha sike, jk
crazy plays on a pad? unreal man I had no idea
. IT is harder to play on that pad

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm leaving now. Should be there in about 45 minutes if anyone hasn't left yet.

good fuckin times tonite! It was nice playing some Street Fighter 3s. I think I need to get into that game a bit more, its alot of fun.

Other than that great games tonite. I played kinda bad imo, missed some stuff I shouldnt have... was a bit to nice to shock too haha. Overall though great time.

Looking forward to meeting up and playing in march at Castle Golf!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Thanks to Frankie, Summoning, 9.95 and some other random guys for coming out, plus my friend Steve who played as well, getting his feet wet after a decade of not playing on cab. Fun night of casuals and Uno's. We got a lot of footage on 9.95's camera so we'll check that out and put up some stuff once he uploads it.

Thanks for the dog tag from 9.95, great shit I think people would like them.

Got in some SF3 and MvC2 tonight as well, Scheisse if you wanna play 3S sometime let me know, I could use some practice as well.

I don't know if there will be one next month but we'll look into running alternating tournaments at the Break and Castle Golf each month.

UMK3 was set up between the secondary MvC2 Machine and 3rd Strike Machine, with Super Turbo on the side. An elite section of gaming lol. Thanks to the 3rd Strike guys for their support in selling UMK3 as a worthy game!

Scheisse said:
Frankiebonez said:
good fuckin times tonite! It was nice playing some Street Fighter 3s. I think I need to get into that game a bit more, its alot of fun.

Other than that great games tonite. I played kinda bad imo, missed some stuff I shouldnt have... was a bit to nice to shock too haha. Overall though great time.

Holler, p2p

Been looking for a sparring partner... I'm not good, just play that shit on occasion, but would be nice to play something diff.
I been playing it on xbox, but I could play it on mame too I suppose

Noob
Wow, I had a great night. Shock, thanks for helping me out with the stick work... I"m def. gonna get one now from ArcadEd. I can feel a world of difference, and once I get my timing and dexterity down, I really think I"ll be far better on the stick that I ever have been with the pad. Uno's was surprisingly good... I"ve never eaten there before...was very cool to chill w/you and Summoning there and just talk UMK, gaming, and Ninja Turtles. LOL

Nit, was great meeting you bro, def. looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Frankie, it was great seeing you again bro, I'll def catch up with you during the week and we'll see about playing some more in the relatively near furture.

We got alot of video, a couple of cool pics, and some great gaming in with all the games we had available to us.

I had a fun time showing the 3s guys how to Kara-Throw in that game...LOL.

I think the idea of alternating tourneys at The Break and Castle Golf would be great. I am really looking forward to having even more people there for a great tourney. I think alot of people are really seeing UMK3 in a totally different way. I know the 3s guys from Castle Golf were amazed at the level of play from the tourney there.

Noob
I hadn't played on a cabinet or stick in 10 years until tonight... actually not true, I played once on a stick last week at Castle Golf and I hated it. After tonight, I think that's gonna change.

The funny thing is, the videos show my evolution from not using a stick in so long to evolving to a better stick player as the night went on.

Tim Static

Adminerator
9.95 said:
I hadn't played on a cabinet or stick in 10 years until tonight... actually not true, I played once on a stick last week at Castle Golf and I hated it. After tonight, I think that's gonna change.

The funny thing is, the videos show my evolution from not using a stick in so long to evolving to a better stick player as the night went on.
Hey Phil, if your ever in central Ohio, you can come play me on my cab :)

MK was made to play on a stick. The way you use the sticks and the buttons actually helped out so much in my timing. I think Lex said it best that he doest play MK with his thumbs. I think I am the same way. Dont get me wrong, I'm not a high level player (yet?) but I am alot better on a stick, fo sho'. :lol:

summoning

I must say im happy to beat all of you at least 1 time with the mighty cyrax:)
playing him all day and night helps too

Tim Static

Adminerator
Scheisse said:
Frankiebonez said:
Scheisse said:
Frankiebonez said:

Holler, p2p

Been looking for a sparring partner... I'm not good, just play that shit on occasion, but would be nice to play something diff.
I been playing it on xbox, but I could play it on mame too I suppose
Well I wouldn't dare burden you with decisions(laol?)

Shock, I'm lookin into MVC2 as well right now too, it is the only fuckin game that has a scene around here, so I may as well. Shit can't be too hard. Wouldn't mind seeing any kind of info you are lookin at/know though.
I am trying to find a jamma board for MvC2 to have Ed make me a jamma in a box. That would be great for having a tournamnet say at someboides house on a big screen but with sticks and the same arcade verson of the game. :D

MK9

Noob
for that you would need the board, a jamma harness, an rgb to ntsc converter. the main problem is the box size to fit it all, it would have to be bigger than my stick and weigh more. besides that it is easy to build, parts would cost around 300 dollars.

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
summoning said:
ahhhh yeah that Cyrax of yours is no joke!

Sounds like y'all had a blast! The timing didn't work well for me this time around but hopefully I can join everyone for one of the events soon!

Noob
BustaUppa said:
summoning said:
ahhhh yeah that Cyrax of yours is no joke!

Sounds like y'all had a blast! The timing didn't work well for me this time around but hopefully I can join everyone for one of the events soon!
Yeah, it'd be great to get you down to Castle Golf on March 8th. Looks like we're gonna have a much larger showing this time around!