What's new

8 on the Break Tournament aiming for January 26th

summoning

Noncompliance to ASTM F 899-12 Standard
ill be there

mkvids: i just spoke to wayne he said he will come too
im hoping some of you li kids will come down :)

shock: maybe i get joe to video those matches again

styroteqe said:
Frankiebonez said:
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna come I gotta see though with school shit. I might come down later on that night, like 6pm I'd leave and be there by 8, stay till like midnight. That would be best for me. 5pm on saturday is just bad, still some rush hour traffic.[/quote

Where do you goto skewl Frankie? Did you grab up a PSP yet?

btw, I can't get q-zar off my mind after the other night...
I'm going to Farmingdale State on route 110.

Q zar I fuckin wish it was still open :(

Ahh Q Zar, I remember going there in KINDERGARDEN. Thats how old that place is damn... I remember walking in and seeing rows upon rows of Arcade machines... Mostly were Fighters if i remember correctly lol. Anyone else remember the TV ads for it? Some badass music and some kids running around all navy seal style playing lazer tag lol

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Only a few days left folks, let's try and get 8 players, right now we got 5 or 6 I believe.

kartar

Noob
LI Maverick said:
Ahh Q Zar, I remember going there in KINDERGARDEN. Thats how old that place is damn... I remember walking in and seeing rows upon rows of Arcade machines... Mostly were Fighters if i remember correctly lol. Anyone else remember the TV ads for it? Some badass music and some kids running around all navy seal style playing lazer tag lol
I was in elementary school still when I went there. A lot of MvC, KI/2, and MK machines from what I remember. Now none of those machines exist in Alabama :?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'll be there between 4:30 and 5 most likely. I talked to Busta about going, he'll get back to me. No one else from the LI crew can make it?

MK9

Noob
yeah sorry shock, sat isnt good for me. make sure u pound on nits jax :)

i also have a question for u, ill pm u with it.

Noob
I get outta work at 2pm and I'll be going right there, but I"m in NY, so I'll be there 4:30ish I hope.

Are we doing a tourney here? I need to know so I can make the plaques for the champ and runner up.

summoning

9.95 said:
I get outta work at 2pm and I'll be going right there, but I"m in NY, so I'll be there 4:30ish I hope.

Are we doing a tourney here? I need to know so I can make the plaques for the champ and runner up.
9.95 It usually turns out enough people so that we can do one but if we dont have enough people we do casuals. Tough call to make plaques does it take a long time?

You could make some plaques if you wanted... but from what I gather there will only be like 6 people, and I dunno who would be competing out of shocks friends.. I see myself, shock, summoning, and 9.95 that would play.

Either way I'm down, I jsut wanna play the guitar hero game, eat some fuckin break steaks cause they are a bad mother fucker, play some umk.

ANyone bringing a camera?

Noob
nah, doesn't take long at all... I'll go with a less expensive one in case it doesn't work out for us to have a tourney

summoning

Frankiebonez said:
You could make some plaques if you wanted... but from what I gather there will only be like 6 people, and I dunno who would be competing out of shocks friends.. I see myself, shock, summoning, and 9.95 that would play.

Either way I'm down, I jsut wanna play the guitar hero game, eat some fuckin break steaks cause they are a bad mother fucker, play some umk.

ANyone bringing a camera?
i didnt hear from my friend joe who took videos last time so i dont think camera . Maybe ill eat one of those steaks as well lots of greasy stuff ;) we can hit the diner after or uno's its like right there

Noob
Ok, so I won't make the plaques this time around. I will, however, bring my camera and tripod again to record the casuals.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
It's looking like casuals, me, Frankie, Summoning, my friend Steve and 9.95 are all I know right now. I'm still waiting on Busta. Bring your tripod if you want for casuals, that'd be fine to get some extensive sets with me Frankie and Summoning at the very least rather than a couple tournament matches and then nothing else.

Noob
Man I'm in for the ass whooping of a lifetime tomorrow. I haven't played on a stick in 10 years...LOL. Last weeks experiment with sticks didn't go well at all... but either way, I'm looking forward to it.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I will teach you how to get adjusted to the stick and how to commit to movements. You will like the stick by the end of the night and wnat to buy one.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
What do you mean stick work? This will be on an arcade cabinet so everyone will be using stick.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Shock said:
What do you mean stick work? This will be on an arcade cabinet so everyone will be using stick.
I posted this a couple times, but I'd to see vids of higher level players (Shock, Moe, Lex, Hanzo, Frankie, etc) using sticks. Maybe make a vid of in-game footage in sync with footage of your hands using the stick.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Shock said:
Oh I get it, if we have two cameras then perhaps.
You dont have to do it at this event in particular, but maybe experiment at home with it. I think it would be a great addition to the site too. You know how we both feel about MK played on a cab :wink: and seeing how others use them sticks is interesting to me. :D