What's new

Video/Tutorial 70%-90% Reset Tech with The Joker, by Qwark28

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
That's exactly what I've been saying lol, we're arguing over agreeing over the same thing. The tech is the ability to blow up those matchup specific wakeups, you were thinking that I meant the combo probably.
Yeah, I'm just saying that both the ji2 approach and the mb f3 approach have been around. Breaking down which should be done when against who is a big thing that we need to start doing more moving forward, because its not something that will likely change in the coming patch. Again, we're not trying to blow you up, but it's the second time you're sticking your name on tech that's been around instead of just saying that you have new ways to use it, and then getting all defensive and what not when people say something. Manners, and what not.
I honestly believe that everything is out there for Joker in his current form now, it's matchup specifics like this that need to be broken down. I will have time soon to start going crazy with it, but for now I'm stuck living vicariously. Matchups, matchups, matchups.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yeah, I'm just saying that both the ji2 approach and the mb f3 approach have been around. Breaking down which should be done when against who is a big thing that we need to start doing more moving forward, because its not something that will likely change in the coming patch. Again, we're not trying to blow you up, but it's the second time you're sticking your name on tech that's been around instead of just saying that you have new ways to use it, and then getting all defensive and what not when people say something. Manners, and what not.
I honestly believe that everything is out there for Joker in his current form now, it's matchup specifics like this that need to be broken down. I will have time soon to start going crazy with it, but for now I'm stuck living vicariously. Matchups, matchups, matchups.
im not sticking my name on the whole thing, i do stick my name when i find a new gamechanging use that unlocks a lot of doors for joker. this is the last post about this matter, i dont act like ive suddenly found a completely new setup, i find more use out of already found ones and they always tend to be very much worth it and helping in matchups.

StevoSuprem0

im not sticking my name on the whole thing, i do stick my name when i find a new gamechanging use that unlocks a lot of doors for joker. this is the last post about this matter, i dont act like ive suddenly found a completely new setup, i find more use out of already found ones and they always tend to be very much worth it and helping in matchups.
Fair enough ya grumpy bitch :p.
So I tried this out against Batman this morning real fast with some mixed results. He always wound up going the other direction and staying in the teeth, but sometimes I would get hit by the slide out of the air, and sometimes I would land on the side I originally left from (which was weird) and neither time seemed to connect with the ji2 (invincibility frames I assume). Have you experimented with that scenario much? It seems like what MIGHT be the case is some advancing and non-advancing wakeups will have enough invincibility to avoid the j2 and potentially hit us during the jump. While they still get hit by the teeth, the effectively reset to a neutral game. Batman is one where I think the mb f3 setups is better to use, but I'm picturing superman's rising grab and some others being a problem. A few weeks from now I can test all this, just wondering what your thoughts are in the mean time.
You giant douche factory.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
So I tried this out against Batman this morning real fast with some mixed results. He always wound up going the other direction and staying in the teeth, but sometimes I would get hit by the slide out of the air, and sometimes I would land on the side I originally left from (which was weird) and neither time seemed to connect with the ji2 (invincibility frames I assume). Have you experimented with that scenario much? It seems like what MIGHT be the case is some advancing and non-advancing wakeups will have enough invincibility to avoid the j2 and potentially hit us during the jump. While they still get hit by the teeth, the effectively reset to a neutral game. Batman is one where I think the mb f3 setups is better to use, but I'm picturing superman's rising grab and some others being a problem. A few weeks from now I can test all this, just wondering what your thoughts are in the mean time.
i have 2 different scenarios specifically for bats and supes, gonna try them out tomorrow, i always spend like an hour in training mode, joker has a lot of potential

thing is that f3 setups are parryable on reaction so i need to find some shit with it, already found the timing to beat sword flip with mb f3

StevoSuprem0

i have 2 different scenarios specifically for bats and supes, gonna try them out tomorrow, i always spend like an hour in training mode, joker has a lot of potential

thing is that f3 setups are parryable on reaction so i need to find some shit with it, already found the timing to beat sword flip with mb f3
Yeah people with a parry is going to make that corner situation a 50/50 in some matchups. They should still eat teeth and thus get the parry broken, but we'll still take some damage and it'll end the setup. It'll be the case where even when crossed up, their wakeup might either catch Joker or cause the j2 to whiff. Worst case scenario, we both get hit and Joker should be at + frames; best case everything whiffs or j2 beat them out both of which leading to teeth and a combo.
For sword flip- timing as in before it starts hitting you or are you blocking it and slipping a mb f3 in the middle somewhere between flips that I'm unaware of?

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
green arrow on a read, potentialy shazam, aquaman and batgirl
A list of characters that get hit by F3 and a list that must be hit with this setup.

Bane
Ares
Batman
Grundy
Shazam
Nightwing
Zatanna
Catwoman
Lobo
Flash

Now, while you can do MB F3 for the first list, the reset gives you more damage for no bars, but MB F3 is still an easy option since its inescapable by mentioned characters when done properly.

Note: Resets in the corner do not loop. It's just one extra combo.
did you come up with a version that nullifies wake up input (x-up) on ji2? cause this one now includes shazam but no batgirl (teleport?).

and awesome setup btw, took some time to do it right on AI record mode.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
did you come up with a version that nullifies wake up input (x-up) on ji2? cause this one now includes shazam but no batgirl (teleport?).

and awesome setup btw, took some time to do it right on AI record mode.
Wakeup inputs are reversed + they go the wrong way, I need to test if a teleport can get out like that, it probably can thugh.

Batgirl's invincible wakeup IIRC is cartwheel and not teleport, I'm gonna have to check it out but you should still be able to just go for a J2 and block in time, it's not that fast.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Wakeup inputs are reversed + they go the wrong way, I need to test if a teleport can get out like that, it probably can thugh.

Batgirl's invincible wakeup IIRC is cartwheel and not teleport, I'm gonna have to check it out but you should still be able to just go for a J2 and block in time, it's not that fast.

already did, shazam still gets out w/ teleport. whew.. already having a hard time with jokers.
yeah not committing after a ji in this game is huge. eager to see other versions for this setup, hopefully a 1frame wakeup window :D.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
the slide hitting you is you doing the setup incorrectly, I'm trying it right now.

If all goes ideally you should be able to do the J2 incase a parry comes out and land in time to block if a slide comes out.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I'm finding even more things with this setup.

After experimenting more, it's not guaranteed. Here's what it comes down to.

Jump early = Can't backdash or wakeup but if you block the J2 you're out of teeth range.

Jump late = Can backdash, can't wakeup and you either backdash or try to block the unblockable

Basically it's a 50-50

BUT, if you jump at just the right time they can't wakeup or backdash. They have to block the unblockable.

I'm working on many more setups right now.

StevoSuprem0

the slide hitting you is you doing the setup incorrectly, I'm trying it right now.

If all goes ideally you should be able to do the J2 incase a parry comes out and land in time to block if a slide comes out.
Ok I was just doing it too slow then I think. Haven't worked with the 213 setup as much, I generally use 32 xx teeth at the end of a longer combo, but I think it's less safe.