What's new

Video/Tutorial 70%-90% Reset Tech with The Joker, by Qwark28

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I will be updating this thread constantly, I've been testing this setup extensively and have found a glitch or two with Zod.

I am also making an Akuma like list of who to use this setup on and against who 213 teeth to MB F3 should be used instead.

laudanum09

Darling
Good tech and refinement of similar corner setups.

But to anyone who doesn't play the character don't think this somehow changes any of his problems. On TYM Joker doesn't get any down or up playing, he gets none whatsoever.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
A list of characters that get hit by F3 and a list that must be hit with this setup.

F3

Harley
Deathstroke
BA
Superman
WW
MMH
Zod
Joker
GL
Sinestro
Flying chicken
Cyborg
GA
KF
Raven
Lex
Doomsday
Aquaman

Reset crossup J2

Bane
Ares
Batman
Grundy
Shazam
Nightwing
Zatanna
Catwoman
Lobo
Flash

Now, while you can do MB F3 for the first list, the reset gives you more damage for no bars, but MB F3 is still an easy option since its inescapable by mentioned characters when done properly.

Note: Resets in the corner do not loop. It's just one extra combo.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
With sweep, were you trying to show that the spacing changes the crossup properties, or the timing on the jump, or both?
Seems like you hyped up some already known findings again :confused: , but still good to have covered them a bit more comprehensively.
I think the optimal followup after the hard KD in the corner is teeth, j3, teeth, j2, teeth, 3 flower, 3 2 flower for 52% I think, or you can end with teeth instead of flower and go for a mb f3 reset. That might need some optimizing though, because it looks like the jump is delayed after tossing the teeth. When you do the crossup, you might be able to follow up with teeth loops as well. Have you tested?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
With sweep, were you trying to show that the spacing changes the crossup properties, or the timing on the jump, or both?
Seems like you hyped up some already known findings again :confused: , but still good to have covered them a bit more comprehensively.
I think the optimal followup after the hard KD in the corner is teeth, j3, teeth, j2, teeth, 3 flower, 3 2 flower for 52% I think, or you can end with teeth instead of flower and go for a mb f3 reset. That might need some optimizing though, because it looks like the jump is delayed after tossing the teeth. When you do the crossup, you might be able to follow up with teeth loops as well. Have you tested?
when you hit with sweep at a certain distance a jump will cross depending onwhen you press J2. Late crosses up and avoids wakeups and early doesn't.

If this was already known then its dumb that things like these aren't posted in the first page of a thread considering its ridiculously useful.

StevoSuprem0

Cat has it in the guide video he did a month or so ago, which probably should have been stickied, but wasn't. When I finish my God damn thesis, I'm going to do a big corner tutorial I think.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Cat has it in the guide video he did a month or so ago, which probably should have been stickied, but wasn't. When I finish my God damn thesis, I'm going to do a big corner tutorial I think.
Cat doesn't have this in his guide.

Like I said, from a certain distance of sweep, the only thing that determines whether you cross up or not is when you press J2, no stance or any gimmicks that make this seeable and blockable. Crossup avoids wakeups too.

This is like the 4th time I've posted huge tech that I get told "this is known" then I have to explain why the setup is different and how I make it happen.

I take shit, I play with it, I improve it, I post it.

StevoSuprem0

Well the sweep stuff we have all already talked about and you know that because you were in the conversation. The stance stuff is one thing- that's based on spacing after combos. Neutral game sweep crossups are based on timing of the jump and/or the input timing of j2, as well as spacing. The problem with everything about the sweep is anyone who knows the Joker matchup blocks low all day, and sweep is quite punishable for alot of people.
The corner setup is what I'm referring too, and Gilbagz is correct, the optimized version includes a j2 teeth following the d2 teeth for an additional 3% and the same amount of hitstun. The hitstun only changes based on where the height they are hit down from with the 213, which is all based on timing- if you start it too early the 3 will whiff, and if you start it too late the hitstun will be reduced.
We're not trying to blow you up, but if you wanna not be called out, stop calling everything you post a "huge tech finding" when it's in 6 other threads already man.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Well the sweep stuff we have all already talked about and you know that because you were in the conversation. The stance stuff is one thing- that's based on spacing after combos. Neutral game sweep crossups are based on timing of the jump and/or the input timing of j2, as well as spacing. The problem with everything about the sweep is anyone who knows the Joker matchup blocks low all day, and sweep is quite punishable for alot of people.
The corner setup is what I'm referring too, and Gilbagz is correct, the optimized version includes a j2 teeth following the d2 teeth for an additional 3% and the same amount of hitstun. The hitstun only changes based on where the height they are hit down from with the 213, which is all based on timing- if you start it too early the 3 will whiff, and if you start it too late the hitstun will be reduced.
We're not trying to blow you up, but if you wanna not be called out, stop calling everything you post a "huge tech finding" when it's in 6 other threads already man.
No, I wasn't aware of that, I wouldn't post it if I was. You said it was on Cat's guide so I assume that was what you meant and it's not the same setup.

The damage can be optimized with the things Cat found. That is not huge tech alone since it can be blown up, what IS huge tech though and what IS not known is the J2 after that because nobody experimented with it. THAT is the huge tech because it gives guaranteed resets on 85% of the cast.

And most of what I post have only specific and hard ways to get out, otherwise I wouldn't post them.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
isnt this tech already known? Most Joker players been doing that shit for a while now.
The properties of J2 after is not known. It is not known that joker could beat multi hitting wakeups and shit like walking corpse which blow up his regular setups.

And I do have another vid with an even better setup than this that is guaranteed against everyone in the game if I find a way to make it work.

Fr0zenKold

I hit cause I can
AFAIK, if done correctly, the known setup is basically an unblockable setup and beats wakeups, i could be wrong tho.

StevoSuprem0

I guess not one explicitly showed following up the setup with a j2, but it's CALLED a setup because it SETS UP followups. teeth -> j2 is the best option on crossup because it is much more consistent, with j3 being great on non-crossups. That would be like me now posting a video showing the combo that you would do after j2, and calling it HUGE GROUNDBREAKING TECH. Get me?
It's good that you started to cover some of the matchup specifics. I'm curious- does Supes rising grab track this or have you not tested that yet? I think it would at least jump him out of the teeth and dodge the crossup.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
AFAIK, if done correctly, the known setup is basically an unblockable setup and beats wakeups, i could be wrong tho.
That setup would lose to multi hitting wakeups and armour, the point of this thread and vid is to show Joker players how to blow up that shit.

I guess not one explicitly showed following up the setup with a j2, but it's CALLED a setup because it SETS UP followups. teeth -> j2 is the best option on crossup because it is much more consistent, with j3 being great on non-crossups. That would be like me now posting a video showing the combo that you would do after j2, and calling it HUGE GROUNDBREAKING TECH. Get me?
It's good that you started to cover some of the matchup specifics. I'm curious- does Supes rising grab track this or have you not tested that yet? I think it would at least jump him out of the teeth and dodge the crossup.
So what are you telling me exactly? The J2 setup that destroys all wakeups that give trouble to joker's normal unblockable was not known.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
What you said is correct, it is matchup specific and it is groundbreaking because it allows you to hurt characters that you couldn't before for more damage and eliminate all their options in the corner after this. The combo is not the tech. The followup is.

StevoSuprem0

Yeahhhhh I'm not gonna sit here all day holding your hand through this difficult time. It's known, it's been known, people have been doing it. You're covering it a bit more comprehensively in terms of matchups- it is an option against people with armored/multihitting wakeups like you said. Take it or leave it. Peace out.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
A lil off topic, but why did you drop BA for Joker? Or are you just using Joker as an alt?
I like Joker more, I have 2 playstyles and both of those characters I like very much and I have a tendency of not using my main other than in tournament but I might end up just going Joker at tournaments except for 8 2s and matchups I haven't gotten around to grinding yet.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yeahhhhh I'm not gonna sit here all day holding your hand through this difficult time. It's known, it's been known, people have been doing it. You're covering it a bit more comprehensively in terms of matchups- it is an option against people with armored/multihitting wakeups like you said. Take it or leave it. Peace out.
That's exactly what I've been saying lol, we're arguing over agreeing over the same thing. The tech is the ability to blow up those matchup specific wakeups, you were thinking that I meant the combo probably.