What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn 67% chip VS Lord Takeder in the corner

E

Eldriken

@Qwark28 you're blocking standing, not ducking.
I think he's trying to point out that it jails Takeda into stand blocking. I COULD be wrong, but after watching the video at .25 speed, it looks like Takeda begins to crouch block, but isn't able to in time.

I could be wrong, however.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I think he's trying to point out that it jails Takeda into stand blocking. I COULD be wrong, but after watching the video at .25 speed, it looks like Takeda begins to crouch block, but isn't able to in time.

I could be wrong, however.
this

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
THERE'S A HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PC AND PS4 FUCK ME

Edit: False alarm. Looks like "always" blocking doesn't block while ducking for some reason...

Last edited:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
@Qwark28 when the AI is set to block "always", it blocks mid attacks high, not while ducking. Even if the stance is set to ducking.

Fucking dumb if you ask me.
It's set on "RANDOM KOMBO" and "DUCK"

Hit it with something and watch it revert back to neutral duck.

Braindead

It's set on "RANDOM KOMBO" and "DUCK"

Hit it with something and watch it revert back to neutral duck.
Watch this, this is the problem:

For some reason mid attacks are blocked standing when you tell the AI to block. Unless specifically told otherwise, by telling it to block with "stance" and set it to duck.

See how in "stance" it blocks all 4 hits while ducking, but in "always", the 14 and stone are blocked while standing.

Weird thing is that high attacks are blocked low (s1 in the video)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Watch this, this is the problem:

For some reason mid attacks are blocked standing when you tell the AI to block. Unless specifically told otherwise, by telling it to block with "stance" and set it to duck.

Weird thing is that high attacks are blocked low (s1 in the video)
What about the disc being mid and takeda trying to go into his crouch animation after the first second?

Anyway, I'll test it myself in an offline session this sunday.

Braindead

What about the disc being mid and takeda trying to go into his crouch animation after the first second?
After the first second? You mean the first stone? It blocks the stone standing up then goes back to crouching after the block stun is over. In the 2nd part of my video you can see it blocks everything while crouching. He doesn't block anything standing up.

Anyway, to prove 100% that it jails, you have to record the AI do EX sun stone then run in 114. And you as Takeda have to block the stone ducking, then letting go of the block (while still ducking) and show that the standing 1 hits and doesn't whiff. Upload a video of that and it'll prove 100% that it's jailing, and Muffin will have to upload the video of the soiled underwear.

Braindead

If you mean after the first second in your video that you told us to slow down and watch, what's happening there is that Takeda is ducking after b122, but when the stone hits, the AI actually blocks it standing not ducking, as I showed in the video I uploaded, that's why the animation is of stand blocking.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If you mean after the first second in your video that you told us to slow down and watch, what's happening there is that Takeda is ducking after b122, but when the stone hits, the AI actually blocks it standing not ducking, as I showed in the video I uploaded, that's why the animation is of stand blocking.
I recorded the sequence and @StealthyMuffin you're actually right.

Kinda bullshit that I can't trust the AI to do what I'm telling it to.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Kano is mediocre all around thanks to NRS, and Kotal has this, 40%+ one meter combos, and amazing pressure.... I might just drop Kano and use Kotal exclusively.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
I never thought I had a fetish for human waste until I stumbled into the Kotal Kahn sub-forum.

Says a lot, doesn't it?

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
It's the same shit for Alist 114 run cancel 11 if opponent is block the 4 crouching 11 won't jail

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
can i put my shameless plug of a hitbox/hurtbox viewer in training mode in this thread too? seriously im trying to interject this anywhere i can
i was about to put it in the Yomi donation thread too but i cant find it.,..lol
And while we are at it, add game speed setting and option to set reversal with normals. Then add actual frame advantage counter.
Basically, steal MikeZ's training mode and add features from Japanese 3D fighters :p