What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn 67% chip VS Lord Takeder in the corner

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
Tried it a bit, couldn't get it.

If it's not just me being slow, it looks like Kotal's run isn't fast enough to get him to cover the distance and then do a standing 1.

It's an escape point, but you're risking eating a B1 if you neutral duck and let go of block, though.
That's fine. As long as it's not guaranteed.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
what happens if takeda back dashes the pizza causing it to whiff then
d1s? can kotal still stuff that?

The disc recovers VERY quickly whereas Takedas backdash recovers very slowly. So kotal can punish. There is some trickery to it tho.

Block stun, hit stun and whiff recovery in this game are different and thus require different timings when executing after them. Therefore running after ex disc on block is a different timing from running after ex disc on hit or whiff. Backdashing the disc will sometimes mess up the kotal execution and you will recover fast enough to block or escape. It's nothing special, but it has happened to me.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I can't get S1 to jail if Takeda crouch blocks the disk. I can just neutral duck the run up 114. You bringing up a different character makes me think we're not understanding eachother lol. A high is a high. Anyone can duck it.
I'll upload a video of me shitting my pants if someone uploads a video of this jailing when Takeda crouch blocks the disk and then neutral ducks.
Takeda set to neutral duck and block a random attack.

Case A, blocks sunstone, high blocks S1.

Case B, blocks sunstone, neutral ducks badly timed S1.

Case C, blocks sunstone, gets hit standing by S1.

Your turn to upload.

The disc recovers VERY quickly whereas Takedas backdash recovers very slowly. So kotal can punish. There is some trickery to it tho.

Block stun, hit stun and whiff recovery in this game are different and thus require different timings when executing after them. Therefore running after ex disc on block is a different timing from running after ex disc on hit or whiff. Backdashing the disc will sometimes mess up the kotal execution and you will recover fast enough to block or escape. It's nothing special, but it has happened to me.
Doesn't happen in this case in my experience. Timing was more than lenient to autopilot a B1 run cancel that catches both.

what happens if takeda back dashes the pizza causing it to whiff then
d1s? can kotal still stuff that?
Read the OP.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

Also, you can't punish the backdash, you're "just" guaranteed to be over +3 which makes B1 beat all your normals.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"

Your turn to upload.

Doesn't happen in this case in my experience. Timing was more than lenient to autopilot a B1 run cancel that catches both.

Read the OP.
Definitely agree. A rare occurrence for sure and nothing I depend on, but it has happened before so I figured why not note it.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016

Your turn to upload.

Read the OP.
okay cool , i read that but i wasnt sure since you said "after" - i thought you meant after blocking the pizza then back dashing.
didnt know were we on the same page about making the pizza whiff completely..

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
man between LK and Kotal - nrs is gonna give a 6 frame poke to takeda like they did Quan - i apolgize in advance

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
And to eliminate any wondering, here's what happens when you set the CPU to block a string while constantly attempting to duck and then lets go of block while neutral ducking.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead

Your turn to upload.

Read the OP.
Nice try. That's Takeda's stand blocking animation, though. He's not crouch blocking. My pants remain un-shitted.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
And to eliminate any wondering, here's what happens when you set the CPU to block a string while constantly attempting to duck and then lets go of block while neutral ducking.

Nice try. That's Takeda's stand blocking animation, though. He's not crouch blocking. My pants remain un-shitted.
Edit: Slow to to 0.25 speed if you want to see the crouch animation startup.