What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn 67% chip VS Lord Takeder in the corner

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
This tech has been known for months but I recently picked up the game again and started labbing. Previously, Quan Chi was a character who had absolutely no options in the corner again Kotal. Today I'm going to write about Lord Takeder and will soon expand the concept over the entire cast.

As you know, B122 into sun disc is uninterruptible by anything more than 7 frame reversal normals and 8-9 frame reversal specials.

Lord Takeder only has 8f moves which aren't specials.

So, if cornered without meter he has to block everything you can throw at him. And Kotal's variations are good at chipping, and let me elaborate.

Sun - Can chip up to 50% and go into tick throws which must be read, with good mindgames you can end the round the moment he gets hit trying to backdash or jump.

Blood - Can chip up to 65-75% with obsidian totem up, able to raise that to 75% if you include a standing 1 every now and then to allow you totem to recharge and renew your chip buff.

War - Can chip up to 58 or so %, his sword hits twice which is good.

This, of course, also means that since your opponents must respect a 30 second blockstring, you are free to do things like 114 into another 114 which by itself is 3% chip and can help top off that last bar that provides another 7% chip.

If your opponent unblocks then they're fucked because these strings and cancels are the easiest thing in the world to convert from.

Let's list the reasonable options of escape.

Armour - Works.

Backdash - After 114 air throw/totem, B12 catches every backdash in the game. After B122 ex sunstone/macuahuitl, run cancel B1 stuffs any move Takeder can do.

Poke - Too slow

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
You can do it, even on scorpion.

And Takeder has a big enough hurtbox that S1 is basically a mid.
I can't get S1 to jail if Takeda crouch blocks the disk. I can just neutral duck the run up 114. You bringing up a different character makes me think we're not understanding eachother lol. A high is a high. Anyone can duck it.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I can't get S1 to jail if Takeda crouch blocks the disk. I can just neutral duck the run up 114. You bringing up a different character makes me think we're not understanding eachother lol. A high is a high. Anyone can duck it.
You can't duck a high if you're in block stun, unless it's because Kotal's s1 is broken and whiffs on even blocking crouching characters.

EX Stone is +24 on block so try doing the run into s1 faster.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
I'll upload a video of me shitting my pants if someone uploads a video of this jailing when Takeda crouch blocks the disk and then neutral ducks.

Last edited:

Jolt

Uprise
I'll upload a video of me shitting my pants if someone uploads a video of this jailing when Takeda crouch blocks the disk and then neutral ducks.
That is a bold promise. Someone humiliate my friend here. Not because I don't believe him, but because it's fun to see your homies suffer :D

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
what happens if takeda back dashes the pizza causing it to whiff then
d1s? can kotal still stuff that?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Tried it a bit, couldn't get it.

If it's not just me being slow, it looks like Kotal's run isn't fast enough to get him to cover the distance and then do a standing 1.

It's an escape point, but you're risking eating a B1 if you neutral duck and let go of block, though.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Also, this would only work meterlessly on Takedas part

If takeda has meter, although kotal can break bf2 he can't break EX bf4.

After totem call, or before ex sunstone, or after whiff air throw. All opportunities to armor out.