What's new

62% Reset 1 bar

NariTuba

disMember
Just watched the vid with tom talking about cyrax. Im not sure i like his idea on how to fix the reset. From my experience, the reason the reset happens is because the opponent hits the ground whilst being juggled for a certain amount of time, this is what creates the reset, because the game thinks the combo is over and starts again.

In my opinion, the best way to fix the reset without nerfing any of his moves is to extend the amount of time that the opponent can stay on the ground whilst being juggled before a reset can occur. its very simple to fix actually.
Sound reasonable tony. The "player touched the ground" rule seems to be overruling the "still in recovery" rule.

Also, I noticed while learning the Exb, midb, d2... sequence for his bnb that sometimes if I misstimed it the opp would fall on the exploding bomb and take the damage without being launched or counting the explosion within the combo.

What I´m getting at is that there is an instance of code that allows for the bomb to explode and damage the opp without launching them. I´m not sure if this is intended or not, but basically if you could make the game read the reset situation as one of these instances then the problem would be solved.

what do you guys think?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Sound reasonable tony. The "player touched the ground" rule seems to be overruling the "still in recovery" rule.

Also, I noticed while learning the Exb, midb, d2... sequence for his bnb that sometimes if I misstimed it the opp would fall on the exploding bomb and take the damage without being launched or counting the explosion within the combo.

What I´m getting at is that there is an instance of code that allows for the bomb to explode and damage the opp without launching them. I´m not sure if this is intended or not, but basically if you could make the game read the reset situation as one of these instances then the problem would be solved.

what do you guys think?
i think thats a good idea. it would suck if they decided to remove some of his moves instead.

Kazoot

Noob
I saw some of the earlier claims that Cyrax has one of the weakest wake up games in this MK, and I just thought I'd tell people to check out Quan Chi. There's a guy who has no hope of waking up if you get caught in a corner. The best you can do is hope your opponent makes a mistake so you can teleport behind them.

All this insane damage really makes me jealous when I look over at QC as well. I can't possibly comprehend how Cyrax will be a horrible character if all these resets are removed.

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
I think they need to just make it impossible to use multiple EN Bombs in one combo ... does that not cut the reset craziness off with this?

60% isn;t the problem ... 80, 90 and 100% is the problem.

NariTuba

disMember
I think they need to just make it impossible to use multiple EN Bombs in one combo ... does that not cut the reset craziness off with this?
This would reduce the damage output, the problem is that it would also limit his technology outside of resets. Sometimes you need that unbreakable damage from the two Ex bombs in a row. A lot of the creativity would be sucked out of the charcater.

Right now he gets to around the 60s with 3 bars. If you keep the 1 bar 60% reset there is simply no reason to go to any other combos but this one.

The best solution (ideally) would be to remove the resets completely. The chest saw shouldnt be much of a problem, just remove its flag as a combo ender. The nets and OTG bombs are a different story.

I agree.

Maybe an overall damage output reduction within combos? Scaling? This would make Cyrax work hard for a win, having to land more hits to get the equivalent damage; and again, he would be FORCED to use the resets. Also, they would have to find the way to keep his meterless bnb in the 30s.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature

I think the real problem is the guaranteed damage... because if i got 100% with resets that are not automatic as in they can be avoided by wakeups or rollbacks, that's all fair game and superior strategizing.

NariTuba

disMember
does anyone know how much damage is Cyrax able to do with resets before the opponent builds enough meter to break? I´m pretty sure 90% is not possible because of this even if the opp begins with empty meter... it would be interesting to know this.

Also as I understand it not all hits (normals, specials) build meter for the opp equally, is this true? In this case combos could be based around this fact to maximize damage.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
does anyone know how much damage is Cyrax able to do with resets before the opponent builds enough meter to break? I´m pretty sure 90% is not possible because of this even if the opp begins with empty meter... it would be interesting to know this.

Also as I understand it not all hits (normals, specials) build meter for the opp equally, is this true? In this case combos could be based around this fact to maximize damage.
If you have absolutely no meter you can die before you get a breaker...say you had 2 bars and used them up for a breaker, you're left with no meter, i think it takes 50% to get one entire bar, and obviously 100% for two bars.

With the right impossible circumstances if you have full health and no meter and cyrax has 3 bars, he could very much kill you from one shot