What's new

50/50 on throw

50/50 on throw?

• Total voters

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Teching throws is fucking annoying enough without being a 50/50, and it doesn't help that they do 14% each.
I remember almost losing to a Baraka that did nothing but shoot sparks, d2, and throw. It was the dumbest thing ever lol. And I wasn't even jumping in either, the d2 just kept low profiling/interrupting my strings.

But yeah, 2 throws, a d2, you're looking at 42% of your health gone. God knows how much if one of them krushing blows :confused:

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
So I am baffled that apparently I'm the only one driven INSANE by the fact that you escape a front throw with BACK buttons and a back throw with FRONT buttons?

Front throws should be escapable with FRONT buttons, jeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

You know..front = front back = back, FRONT BACK FRONT BACK I CANTTAKEITANYMORE

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Honestly I think it should stay the same. The window does not need to be bigger especially considering people are throwing out d1s and 2s up close resulting in accidental techs all the time. Theres almost no risk to attempting a tech either.

The only other viable way for it to work would be to have throw input as tech. So now if you make a bad read on a throw youll get blown up from your whiff animation.

I honestly think the system is fine as is.

Scoot Magee

So I am baffled that apparently I'm the only one driven INSANE by the fact that you escape a front throw with BACK buttons and a back throw with FRONT buttons?

Front throws should be escapable with FRONT buttons, jeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

You know..front = front back = back, FRONT BACK FRONT BACK I CANTTAKEITANYMORE
I believe the reasoning is that front throws are way more likely in a lot of cases and people tend to press d1 a lot when up close.

Scoot Magee

The injustice throw tech system is perfect. Throws are still very effective but fair.

I’d rather just about anything than get hit by a crushing blow for guessing wrong on a 50/50 when I was already gonna get thrown
These are very different games. You just made the point of how bad Johnny will be with 50/50 throws without realizing that hed most likely be way worse if he could blow you up for whiffing a throw attempt.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
This game has way less mixups as it is, I'm fine with 50/50 throws. I just wish throw tech was the throw button to tech back throws and throw button + forward to tech forward throws instead of face buttons. I don't like how you can often tech throws accidentally by mashing. This would also allow for shimmies and various other mindgames and pressure options

I also wish the throw KB was if you get thrown with no tech attempt twice, to punish those who aren't reacting at all instead of punishing those who are reacting but guessing wrong

Scoot Magee

This game has way less mixups as it is, I'm fine with 50/50 throws. I just wish throw tech was the throw button to tech back throws and throw button + forward to tech forward throws instead of face buttons. I don't like how you can often tech throws accidentally by mashing. This would also allow for shimmies and various other mindgames and pressure options

I also wish the throw KB was if you get thrown with no tech attempt twice, to punish those who aren't reacting at all instead of punishing those who are reacting but guessing wrong
I disagree. The method you suggest would make it so you risk eating a whiff punish and still may not even tech the correct throw. It would make throw tech way too risky.

Main difference I've noticed between kombat kast and stress test play so far has been that KK players are 100% willing to tech throws still, and that may be the way to go.

Yes you're going to eat a boatload on one of them, but I suspect the damage you save from actually contesting the throw rather than just letting them all go through, along with the positioning you get to keep, is way more important.

HeroesNZ

I disagree. The method you suggest would make it so you risk eating a whiff punish and still may not even tech the correct throw. It would make throw tech way too risky.
You're probably right, throws would be too strong - I guess they can either be 50/50 throws with face button techs or one direction with a throw button tech. Personally I prefer the latter - more mindgames, less mashing and accidental techs

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069

no no bro. you dont get to make teching the throw button and still a guess. thats way too risky.

We all know mashing is good. Let people mash d1 and accidentally tech. but the real problem with this system is the stupid d2s. it covers too many options to just throw it out and makes it a hassle to specifically play around the button

HeroesNZ

no no bro. you dont get to make teching the throw button and still a guess. thats way too risky.

We all know mashing is good. Let people mash d1 and accidentally tech. but the real problem with this system is the stupid d2s. it covers too many options to just throw it out and makes it a hassle to specifically play around the button
Yeah the only way that'd work is if the tech window was longer so they can't be baited, Soul Calibur style

And yeah safe D2s are definitely annoying and even worse now that they KB. You try and pressure with a high and the opponent gets to mash D2 for a full combo as well as defend against a throw as well as duck under your high in a game with some slow ass mids

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Yeah the only way that'd work is if the tech window was longer so they can't be baited, Soul Calibur style

And yeah safe D2s are definitely annoying and even worse now that they KB. You try and pressure with a high and the opponent gets to mash D2 for a full combo as well as defend against a throw as well as duck under your high in a game with some slow ass mids
Exactly the lack of mids in the game make it so scrubby in the poke game. I mean first of all you can barely hitconfirm a d1 on hit to use the plus frames in order to jail into a high. So the other dude is just mashing d2 because its the god button and bam you get punished for trying to play well

You have to resort to d[> d1 > d1 over and until people maybe stop mashing for 1 sec

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

Exactly the lack of mids in the game make it so scrubby in the poke game. I mean first of all you can barely hitconfirm a d1 on hit to use the plus frames in order to jail into a high. So the other dude is just mashing d2 because its the god button and bam you get punished for trying to play well

You have to resort to d[> d1 > d1 over and until people maybe stop mashing for 1 sec
What would you guys suggest? I pretty much agree it feels a bit weird in a way catching so many uppercuts to the face under highs, or trash D1 on hit follow ups. But not really sure how that would adjust without altering the game too much.

HeroesNZ

Yeah shit's wild af and just looks ugly
What would you guys suggest? I pretty much agree it feels a bit weird in a way catching so many uppercuts to the face under highs, or trash D1 on hit follow ups. But not really sure how that would adjust without altering the game too much.
I think D2s need to be have minimal pushback and be much more unsafe on block. Currently being around -6/8 with pushback just ain't it in my opinion. I think they should also have more recovery on whiff and give them a standing hurtbox for a longer period of time - a lot of times people would whiff a D2 in my face, I'd go to punish with a high and my high would whiff too

Also I'd suggest making pokes more negative on block and/or more plus on hit. If I block my opponent's D1, my main option is to D1 back until they stop mashing. If D1s were more negative on block then I'd be able to poke back with a mid or punish with my own D1 and then jail into a high because I have no need to hit-confirm, and if they were more plus on hit I'd be able to hit-confirm into a fast high such that it jails. You could also help by making mids faster

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yeah shit's wild af and just looks ugly

I think D2s need to be have minimal pushback and be much more unsafe on block. Currently being around -6/8 with pushback just ain't it in my opinion. I think they should also have more recovery on whiff and give them a standing hurtbox for a longer period of time - a lot of times people would whiff a D2 in my face, I'd go to punish with a high and my high would whiff too

Also I'd suggest making pokes more negative on block and/or more plus on hit. If I block my opponent's D1, my main option is to D1 back until they stop mashing. If D1s were more negative on block then I'd be able to poke back with a mid or punish with my own D1 and then jail into a high because I have no need to hit-confirm, and if they were more plus on hit I'd be able to hit-confirm into a fast high such that it jails. You could also help by making mids faster
Gotta admit, I pretty much agree with everything you said here. Think you're right on the money. That's an OP worthy post.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Its the same poke game im mkx except now characters dont seem to have “good”strings for people to wanna respect plus frames. This seems intentional. Off my experience Im worried from playing scorpion who is unsafe on double digit startup mids( unless you use misery blade loadout) that this could be a reflection of the cast. Nobody wants to commit so hard just to have pressure that isnt d1.

If they keep the same mashing-encouraged meta, which is brought on especially by the tech system, then you’d just have to play characters with good mids I guess lul. Because honestly they probably will keep the throw system exactly how it is.

Nerf D2s on block I suppose but it doesnt change the meta much. People do all kinds of shit on hit that would avoid highs from hold up and mash other pokes etc

Last edited: