What's new

50/50 on throw

50/50 on throw?

• Total voters

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
If NRS wants to make a game that the better player wins, throws should not be a 50/50.

"But what about the Krushing Blow?"

Just make the Krushing Blow come out if you do not TECH the throw.

This will make shimmy amazing... think about the mind games. The fear of not teching a throw and getting baited by a shimmy or getting hit by a throw with a krushing blow into 30%

What do you guys think about It?

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I agree. As a Tekken fan, I think they have the best system for throw breaks. There should be different startup animations for forward and back throws. That way it rewards those that can quickly identify the throw, then properly tech it, and punishes those that just guess and mess up.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Barking up this tree for years now. NRS wants 50/50 throws, NRS is going to get 50/50 throws.

Also not really answering your question but getting extra punished for guessing the wrong tech direction on a 50/50 throw is really fucking stupid and makes 0 sense. Throws are good enough as they are.

If NRS wants to make a game that the better player wins, throws should not be a 50/50.

"But what about the Krushing Blow?"

This will make shimmy amazing... think about the mind games. The fear of not teching a throw and getting baited by a shimmy or getting hit by a throw with a krushing blow into 30%

What do you guys think about It?
love this idea. i was never a fan of the throw 50/50. if i am reacting i am teching, if i get baited i get full combo'ed. i think the sf5 meta does this very well.

kcd117

Noob
Throw 50/50s are pretty stupid. Imho it should be like the Injustice system, you break throws by pressing the throw button. Changing that would add another layer to the mixups in the form of shimmies instead of the current potato right/left shit. Krushing Blows should trigger if you get caught pressing anything other than throw break or block during the techable frames.

gitblame

Noob
But in how many situations throws are really 50/50? Outside some clutch situations you can predict mostly which direction you will be grabbed because your oponnent will want you to get into corner. Most of the times when I get grabbed and I tech wrong is because I panicked and mashed instead of being aware where I am and press proper button.

I would go other way. If throws are 50/50 let's reward teching throws by adding some plus frames in favor of player who teched the throw.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I dont really think it's a big deal that its 50/50. People usually tend to throw towards the closest corner.

Though if you require a throw input to tech things would get scary. I dont know how that would be in mk honestly but it works for sfv. I think throw recovery on whiff has a much larger window here.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
But in how many situations throws are really 50/50? Outside some clutch situations you can predict mostly which direction you will be grabbed because your oponnent will want you to get into corner. Most of the times when I get grabbed and I tech wrong is because I panicked and mashed instead of being aware where I am and press proper button.

I would go other way. If throws are 50/50 let's reward teching throws by adding some plus frames in favor of player who teched the throw.
In this game, they are 50/50 when you’re fighting any character with a throw Krushing blow(until they lose it) because the trade off between keeping someone in the corner and doing 25-30% of their health in one chunk are about equal.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
In this game, they are 50/50 when you’re fighting any character with a throw Krushing blow(until they lose it) because the trade off between keeping someone in the corner and doing 25-30% of their health in one chunk are about equal.
You'll be punished very hard more often if throw input is required for tech. That's pretty much an even more punishing 50/50.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Disagree. The window is pretty big so you can tech it on reaction pretty easily (unlike most other fighting games), and it’s up to you to figure our which direction the opponent is going to throw you based on your positioning. I tech throws in Mortal Kombat more consistently than most other games.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Disagree. The window is pretty big so you can tech it on reaction pretty easily (unlike most other fighting games), and it’s up to you to figure our which direction the opponent is going to throw you based on your positioning. I tech throws in Mortal Kombat more consistently than most other games.
I feel like characters with teleports kinda negate the whole 'well they're obviously going to throw me towards the corner' way of looking at it. In MKX, I'd do it all the time during crunch time where that 12% was everything. Throw them OUT of the corner, find a chance to telecancel, done. And it was kinda bullshit lol.

I think Skarlet can pretty much do the same thing in MK11. Throw you out of the corner, teleport behind you, push you back towards said corner.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
In my opinion throws should be techable only on read and only with the throw button. This way there's no smashing into tech or need for 50/50s.
If you were gonna make a read why would you not opt to neutral duck and full punish? Throws should be teachable on reaction in a game with chip damage and chip kills.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
If you were gonna make a read why would you not opt to neutral duck and full punish? Throws should be teachable on reaction in a game with chip damage and chip kills.
Neutral ducking takes some time, throw teching could be useful on last second reads. It sounds pretty niche, but to me it happens fairly often to catch a tell from my opponent at the last possible moment, expecially with throws.

Besides in MKX you still had to let go of block to tech, meaning you had to make the read regardless. I'm not sure if it's the same in MK11.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Neutral ducking takes some time, throw teching could be useful on last second reads. It sounds pretty niche, but to me it happens fairly often to catch a tell from my opponent at the last possible moment, expecially with throws.

Besides in MKX you still had to let go of block to tech, meaning you had to make the read regardless. I'm not sure if it's the same in MK11.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I kind of understand what your saying and I def hate letting go of the block button to make a read in such a small window when I could just eat a dick jab and become negative or worse. I think throws should be redone for mk11 I don’t think they will but I will never not say it is one of the worst mechanics nrs has came up with.

I'm okay with 50/50s tech throws BUT I think that the window of reaction for the techs should be slightly larger. But most importantly, I think that the Krushing Blows that deals 20%+ damage because you guessed wrong for the tech throw is a terrible idea.

No the reward would be too great for a simple throw

Last edited: