What's new

4 types of killer frost players(pure opinion)

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Explain a bit more in depth if you could. I dont care about the slide nerf at all either, all I care about is what the trait cancel nerf has the potential to ruin.
Currently, she can use her trait cancels to setup insane frame traps. The most infamous one is 1114, which is +15 on block and set up the 50/50. The other huge one is f1124 after Mb grab. This would reset the opponent while leaving her at +frames, and giving her a free 50/50. Basically, what the trait cancel does is leave her at +frames on block or hit, with 1114 and 34 being really good on block, and f1124 being really good on hit. 1114 is pretty Fucked up since it put the opponent into a guessing game on block without any meter or any consequences for frost.

If this nerf does happen the way I think it will, she won't have any of this. She won't get the free 50/50 from a block string and she won't get a free 50/50 without meter.

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
Currently, she can use her trait cancels to setup insane frame traps. The most infamous one is 1114, which is +15 on block and set up the 50/50. The other huge one is f1124 after Mb grab. This would reset the opponent while leaving her at +frames, and giving her a free 50/50. Basically, what the trait cancel does is leave her at +frames on block or hit, with 1114 and 34 being really good on block, and f1124 being really good on hit. 1114 is pretty Fucked up since it put the opponent into a guessing game on block without any meter or any consequences for frost.

If this nerf does happen the way I think it will, she won't have any of this. She won't get the free 50/50 from a block string and she won't get a free 50/50 without meter.

I understand what the trait cancel is and does, I dont understand what the nerf is suggesting. So, the nerf will remove her vortex? I understand the BS of it on block, but not on hit.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Na she'll still have her vortex. Instead of f1124, just do j2 2. The nerf won't do anything to her, except make her less braindead

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
Lol yea. That's why I laugh when people say she's gonna suck after the patch.

My impression of what people meant was they just were going to make all of her attacks hella negative so that trait canceling wouldnt matter.

Thanks for clearing that up.

cirkusfreaksho

All in a day's work
do you think she will still have some frame advantage off trait cancels or none after the patch. they didnt specify did they?

edit: nvrmind i saw a post that answered this. Hoping she will still have a little advantage otherwise y the hell would they have made her able to do them in the first place ?!

do you think she will still have some frame advantage off trait cancels or none after the patch. they didnt specify did they?

edit: nvrmind i saw a post that answered this. Hoping she will still have a little advantage otherwise y the hell would they have made her able to do them in the first place ?!
can you put post in please?

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
i read this a couple of times and i still didn't get it are you saying there should be a combo that leads to 48% starting from a ji3 i belive there is but i'm not sure the highest i've gotten was about 37-45 and i agree with you

Well whatever it is in the high 40's, I don't know the exact number, there is the meterburn iceburg into trait into something like 55%-65% from air dash ji3. It's just 95% of trait looks exactly like 99% of trait. It's too bad the trait meter isn't a number or number beside it to know exactly when trait goes off on next press.

I didn't mean I wish there was one in the game, I meant I wish JI3 abusers were listed in the first post lol. (they weren't when I last checked)

I really wish the lowest point of airdashing were easier though, unless you have a hitbox it seems really hard to Insta airdash JI3 in all 4 possible types of Insta airdash.

I didn't know about 3 ~ trait cancel. I will have to try it as many times as I can before it is nerfed. I've mostly done her other frametrap on blockstrings into TC.

Does anyone who falls into the experienced category want to train me in their killer frost ways?