What's new

4 months later, Baraka's B3 is still stupid

NRS MK Titles in order:
MK9
MK1
MKX
MK11

Lots of things killing MK1, of which Baraka's b3 is one of them. Johnny is an issue because he gets in for free, any 50:50s with lao-hat are stupid because they dont come with any risk. Listen to Tom Brady's vids, he sums up the status quo really well.
You should listen to Tom Brady's vids, the both of you because what @ReD WolF is saying is true. It's only okay if your character has dirt but other characters? "Completely unfair, NRS nerf this character but keep my character good, only their characters are killing the game." That's what your argument is.

And his dirt is a good normal!

I'm sick of hearing about it and I'm sick of hearing it ONLY reflecting on Baraka a character who's sitting at the edge of top 10 purely because of an assist like Stryker.

How much midscreen damage is Baraka getting off of b3 when it launches? Meanwhile you're all doing 40-50% damage off a hit whereas Baraka got his damage nerfed because of a Cyrax Kameo that everybody could use. What is Baraka allowed to do so you're not going to cry about it later? Because it sounds to me you like Baraka as long as he knows his place at the bottom and anything good he has needs to be removed for your benefit.

Please lab the move, block the move, defend against the move. It isn't hard.

Shawi

Noob
It's only okay if my character has dirt but other characters? "Completely unfair, NRS nerf this character but keep my character good, only their characters are killing the game." That's what your argument is.
Can you provide a reference for where this was said because I think you're arguing with yourself at this point LOOOOL!

rifraf

Noob
But it's Baraka's b3 that's killing MK1.
I just want to say that in no way, shape or form I'm insinuating something like that. That'd be ridiculous in the same way it'd be ridiculous saying we're going to get MK11 all over again if one of the most braindead moves in the game gets nerfed or changed.

I'm still waiting for the character buff patch, similar to what we got last time with kameos. Let's not go to the extremes just because a nerf topic was created.

I just want to say that in no way, shape or form I'm insinuating something like that. That'd be ridiculous in the same way it'd be ridiculous saying we're going to get MK11 all over again if one of the most braindead moves in the game gets nerfed or changed.

I'm still waiting for the character buff patch, similar to what we got last time with kameos. Let's not go to the extremes just because a nerf topic was created.
Shouldn't be nerfed or changed. People have already told you how to deal with it so it must not be as braindead if people can use their brains and defend against it.

You nerf that and change this but we are 3 pages in and the only response to my request for baraka buffs is "idk" well then why kneecap him if you don't know what he needs to compensate for a severe nerf like that? Hypothetically What does baraka have after your proposed b3 nerf happens to him and no other changes to him are made?

rifraf

Noob
You nerf that and change this but we are 3 pages in and the only response to my request for baraka buffs is "idk" well then why kneecap him if you don't know what he needs to compensate for a severe nerf like that? Hypothetically What does baraka have after your proposed b3 nerf happens to him and no other changes to him are made?
I was being honest. The character is already a top 10 character and extremely accessible. If nerfing b3 would be so severe, then I'd have no problem buffing him somehow. But I don't main him, I wouldn't know how. What would you do to buff him?

I was being honest. The character is already a top 10 character and extremely accessible. If nerfing b3 would be so severe, then I'd have no problem buffing him somehow. But I don't main him, I wouldn't know how. What would you do to buff him?
What would I do for Baraka? If I was in charge of balance?

I was gonna be a dick and list some wild buffs but you're at least being civil in your wrong-ness lol.

Thing is, I'm not going to nerf b3 because it doesn't need to be touched in the first place. It has positives to it absolutely but it has negatives to it too. It's not something he can stand to lose either, He literally needs it. It's actually very important to his gameplay.

But forget all this, You should play Baraka and find out.

ReD WolF

Lord of the Drip
The character is still one of the best characters in the game. Definitely top 10.
You sure about that? I think he's in the top 10 conversation, but DEFINITELY?

Having so much utility in one move is bad design tbh. By your logic, Sub-Zero's b2 should be 14 frames instead of 22, safe on block instead of death on block, be able to stuff armoured moves, and still launch. I'm not saying b2 is ok as it is btw, I would prefer it buffed a bit but it just pales in contrast to Baraka's b3.

I'll tell you what. I'd be ok with the move staying as is IF it had some complexity added to it in the form of input. Being just a b3 is stupid. Make it a command like fb3. Small difference but it's at least something.

Say what you want, I'm dying on that cross :laughing:
Don't talk to us about bad design LOL. Anyone that has read your posts understands that you simply DO NOT LIKE fighting Baraka. That's it. There is no bad design or gaming killing moves. You have had a series of bad experiences against Baraka online and it bothers you enough to where you felt the need to air out your grievances on TYM. That is perfectly ok. It's your approach and mentality that is the problem. You want the character to be redesigned to your liking which you don't even know what that looks like lol. You are just mad. I get it. There are characters in this game I dread fighting as well. But, please spare us all the talk about Baraka nerfs when you have much to learn in that matchup apparently. More labbing, less demanding. Start by BLOCKING LOW goddamnit!

NRS MK Titles in order:
MK9
MK1
MKX
MK11

Lots of things killing MK1, of which Baraka's b3 is one of them. Johnny is an issue because he gets in for free, any 50:50s with lao-hat are stupid because they dont come with any risk. Listen to Tom Brady's vids, he sums up the status quo really well.
This post made me physically ill reading it. I want to fucking vomit now.

Last edited:

LEGEND

YES!
As a Baraka player I can 100% confirm that he doesn't need B3 or Styker/Ambush safety to be good.

That said, B3 is fine and anyone complaining about it is stuck 4 months in the past.