What's new

4 months later, Baraka's B3 is still stupid

Baraka player here, when Johnny gets nerfed you can join me in a downward spiral of whining, complaining and praying to the elder gods for nerfs buffs.
Cmon you know better than that, I mained shock jock and still had people whining, I’ll be ready and still win, you guys have gotten him nerfed in every game, it’s to be expected lmao.

Maybe I’ll use Baraka as a secondary and hit people with half screen normals and B3 until he gets nerfed again lol.

You took the time to make a post about nerfing a normal that people figured out how to deal with months ago. Instead of asking for tips on how to deal with B3 you immediately jumped to demanding nerfs because you personally have trouble with it. That is the quintessential scrub mentality. This thread you made should have been a personal journal entry.
Every player does that though, that’s half the post on TYM lol he’s not a stand out in anyway, everyday people want something they can’t personally deal with nerfed, maybe when Johnny gets his lobotomy instead of mashing buttons up close I can switch to Baraka and mash buttons from half screen lmao.

rifraf

Noob
This thread you made should have been a personal journal entry.
That was funny, I'll give you that :laughing:

Anyway, I didn't go into it asking for nerfs immediately, it's been awhile. Online, this move feels way too cheap to me.

I rest my case though, I did make my points.

Call me a scrub all you want, I honestly don't care. Baraka's b3 is a stupid move for all the reasons mentioned in this thread and we all know it. If you, as a Baraka player need such a stupid, scrubby move to be competitive then Idk who is the scrub or who has the scrub attitude here. It is what it is.
Tell me how good of a character Baraka is without b3, tell me all of the things he can do without b3 and a Kameo like Stryker.
Tell me who you play where Baraka is giving you a hard time.

And also where are my suggested 20 buffs to help the character? Cuz let me tell you Baraka is one of the most honest characters in this game.

It's been 4 months since the game launched and overall I've been asking for buffs because I felt the game would benefit from them. I feel this is still true.

Having said that, I don't care if Baraka is the strongest character in the game or the weakest. He is arguably the most accessible character in the game with amazing buttons. I have nothing against the character and his design but I would gladly see his b3 straight up getting nerfed somehow. It's relatively fast, it hits mid and low, it stuffs armoured moves, it's safe on block, it's a combo starter, it has insane range, it simply has too much shit put into it! I honestly don't care what they do to this stupid move, I feel it needs to be changed.

There's cheap moves, and then there's Baraka's b3. Why?
It SHOULD be fast and have good range, It SHOULD be mid+low and be safe by itself on block, It SHOULD launch for a combo, It ABSOLUTELY SHOULD stuff Armored Moves.

Baraka doesn't just need it, Baraka deserves it. And he deserves a hell of a lot more good moves in his base kit than what he has right now.

Shawi

Noob
I agree with the OP on this one.
Why does his b3 hit twice? Seriously, who decided that. Just because 'people figured it out' doesn't make it any less stupid.

In my view, a lot of people are dropping this game because of how much 'stupid' stuff there is. Giving each character something 'stupid' isn't the way to go to balance the game.

Shawi

Noob
It SHOULD be fast and have good range, It SHOULD be mid+low and be safe by itself on block, It SHOULD launch for a combo, It ABSOLUTELY SHOULD stuff Armored Moves.

Baraka doesn't just need it, Baraka deserves it. And he deserves a hell of a lot more good moves in his base kit than what he has right now.
How do I dislike this post LOL!

ReD WolF

Lord of the Drip
Every player does that though, that’s half the post on TYM lol he’s not a stand out in anyway, everyday people want something they can’t personally deal with nerfed, maybe when Johnny gets his lobotomy instead of mashing buttons up close I can switch to Baraka and mash buttons from half screen lmao.
You are correct, and that's the problem lol. It is a continuing epidemic in this community, particularly on this website. Anything that gives anyone the slightest bit of trouble MUST be dealt with via nerfs. It's obnoxious as fuck. Instead of collaborating with others on how to deal with a problem or a matchup, it's got to go NOW. Can't have any adversity. The OP plays Li Mei, who with Scorpion assist takes half life when she touches you. Tom Brady, despite being whiny at times was right when he said everyone wants to have dirt just as long as it is not used against them.

Why does his b3 hit twice? Seriously, who decided that. Just because 'people figured it out' doesn't make it any less stupid.

Giving each character something 'stupid' isn't the way to go to balance the game.
Not giving each character something dirty gives you MK11 which is a game you apparently hated.

In my view, a lot of people are dropping this game because of how much 'stupid' stuff there is. Giving each character something 'stupid' isn't the way to go to balance the game.
what would Baraka have without b3? Oppressive zoning? Too many plus frames? unreactable 50/50’s? Safe 50/50’s? Too much damage?

all of these questions are traps lol, just to save you the headache. Sounds like you have beef with Stryker and kameo ambush attacks in general. Not Baraka.

what would Baraka have without b3? Oppressive zoning? Too many plus frames? unreactable 50/50’s? Safe 50/50’s? Too much damage?

all of these questions are traps lol, just to save you the headache. Sounds like you have beef with Stryker and kameo ambush attacks in general. Not Baraka.
All of these questions are Reiko lol

rifraf

Noob
Anything that gives anyone the slightest bit of trouble MUST be dealt with via nerfs.

Having so much utility in one move is bad design tbh. By your logic, Sub-Zero's b2 should be 14 frames instead of 22, safe on block instead of death on block, be able to stuff armoured moves, and still launch. I'm not saying b2 is ok as it is btw, I would prefer it buffed a bit but it just pales in contrast to Baraka's b3.

Baraka doesn't just need it, Baraka deserves it.
I'll tell you what. I'd be ok with the move staying as is IF it had some complexity added to it in the form of input. Being just a b3 is stupid. Make it a command like fb3. Small difference but it's at least something.

Say what you want, I'm dying on that cross :laughing:

Last edited:
Having so much utility in one move is bad design tbh. By your logic, Sub-Zero's b2 should be 14 frames instead of 22, safe on block instead of death on block, be able to stuff armoured moves, and still launch. I'm not saying b2 is ok as it is btw, I would prefer it buffed a bit but it just pales in contrast to Baraka's b3.

Say what you want, I'm dying on that cross :laughing:
pfft bad design...Okay by your logic Design Baraka to be good. Because if you nerf his b3 only that's not good design at all.

Where are the buffs?

rifraf

Noob
pfft bad design...Okay by your logic Design Baraka to be good. Because if you nerf his b3 only that's not good design at all.

Where are the buffs?
Idk, honestly. I don't want the character to be bad at all. I really like him. But as I proposed, add some complexity to him to it's not too easy. Li Mei has stupid moves as well but they're locked behind tight inputs and execution. Keep Baraka's b3 as is but change the input to fb3 or something not as braindead. That's not a nerf.

Idk, honestly. I don't want the character to be bad at all. I really like him. But as I proposed, add some complexity to him to it's not too easy. Li Mei has stupid moves as well but they're locked behind tight inputs and execution. Keep Baraka's b3 as is but change the input to fb3 or something not as braindead. That's not a nerf.
That is a nerf and an illogical one at that. Why does Baraka have to jump through execution hoops for a normal? Changing it into a command also nerfs anything he can get out of it.

So you ended up severely kneecapping Baraka but hey at least now you won't get hit by b3 anymore right? That's nonsense.

rifraf

Noob
Why does Baraka have to jump through execution hoops for a normal?
Is it really a normal though?? What other normal in this game has so much utility that's also a string? You're BSing me right now.

Adding some complexity to his buttons is a "retard" check. Because right now, a chimp can play the character. It's either that, or straight up nerf the move.

Shawi

Noob
So what you want is for MK1 to be the worst fighting game ever made.
I actually really like MK1, second only to MK9. My point is that all this stupid stuff is what will reduce the game’s life, people will get frustrated with it quickly - and that’s happening right now. What makes it worse is the current lack of communication, bugs all over the place and unfinished nature of the game.

rifraf

Noob
I actually really like MK1, second only to MK9. My point is that all this stupid stuff is what will reduce the game’s life, people will get frustrated with it quickly - and that’s happening right now. What makes it worse is the current lack of communication, bugs all over the place and unfinished nature of the game.
It's honestly pathetic how we can't even have a discussion about changing one of the most stupid moves in the entire game because MK11 existed.

I'm even suggesting to keep the move as is but to change its command so it's not completely braindead and some Baraka players are still not having it. Ridiculous. The character is still one of the best characters in the game. Definitely top 10.

Do you need me to tell you just how much stupid stuff is in MK9 or nah?
You gonna suck off MKX next? Because everything in that game was completely on the level and fair.

But it's Baraka's b3 that's killing MK1. Not Reiko in general, Not Sindel/Lao, Not Johnny or Lao but it's Baraka's b3 that's the problem.

Shawi

Noob
Do you need me to tell you just how much stupid stuff is in MK9 or nah?
You gonna suck off MKX next? Because everything in that game was completely on the level and fair.

But it's Baraka's b3 that's killing MK1. Not Reiko in general, Not Sindel/Lao, Not Johnny or Lao but it's Baraka's b3 that's the problem.
NRS MK Titles in order:
MK9
MK1
MKX
MK11

Lots of things killing MK1, of which Baraka's b3 is one of them. Johnny is an issue because he gets in for free, any 50:50s with lao-hat are stupid because they dont come with any risk. Listen to Tom Brady's vids, he sums up the status quo really well.