What's new

2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
Great goal from Uruguay
For me, it's the most beautiful goal of the Cup so far. It's not the goal itself, but the passings that lead to it. Chirurgical precision long distance pass from Cavani all the way to the other side of the pitch to Suarez, only for Suarez to cross it back to running Cavani who completes the action. WOW!

I'm very impressed with Uruguay so far, their defense seems rock solid, and they're very dangerous up front with Suarez and Cavani. I've always liked them a lot (Recoba, Forlan...), but after that beautiful goal and just how solid they seem, I'm cheering for them in this Cup from now on against anyone but Croatia.

I'm so sad these two teams had to play this early on, as I'm a fan of both. Been a fan of Portugal ever since the '90s when they were lead by Luis Figo and Rui Costa.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
For me, it's the most beautiful goal of the Cup so far. It's not the goal itself, but the passings that lead to it. Chirurgical precision long distance pass from Cavani all the way to the other side of the pitch to Suarez, only for Suarez to cross it back to running Cavani who completes the action. WOW!

I'm very impressed with Uruguay so far, their defense seems rock solid, and they're very dangerous up front with Suarez and Cavani. I've always liked them a lot (Recoba, Forlan...), but after that beautiful goal and just how solid they seem, I'm cheering for them in this Cup from now on against anyone but Croatia.

I'm so sad these two teams had to play this early on, as I'm a fan of both. Been a fan of Portugal ever since the '90s when they were lead by Luis Figo and Rui Costa.
Rui Costa might be one of the most underrated players in the 90s. Warms my heart to see his name being mentioned. Recoba was prettt good as well

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Nuno Gomes was an awesome striker. If you exclude Cristiano Ronaldo, Portugal hasn't had a clinical finisher since.
Pauleta might have been the last one. Not sure if he was as clinical as Nuno though. Would have to check.

Then again Nuno had a longer career so just by longevity you are probably right.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Great pen saves by the Russian goalie. Good riddance Spain and their boring football