What's new

2015 Character Champions

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
if this goin by variations im THE ethereal player, free. #justsaying
Please do not take offense with this, but Saltface mastered (mastered as much as possible since the game came out) every variation of mileena, His ethereal is his best variation free no contest and has beaten some really good players in tournament with that variation. maybe its just that i haven't seen you play, but this is just my opinion.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
Very nice thread.

A few observations:

Tom Brady has made it pretty far at majors with Grandmaster and Grandmaster only, so I think he deserves at least a tie with Madzin.
Mitsuownes is the best Inferno until someone else does anything with that variation.
I've only seen Vendetta's Johnny at NEC, but I think he should be tied for the best A-List.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
I want to be the Predator of Europe, may I?

I have levelled up quite a lot since Red Fighting District and I am currently the only Online-Predator among the Top 50/100! Besides I am quite handsome and have an outstanding sense of humour too!

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Plus iirc brady said he personally thinks madzin is better than him after they played a set. Wether he was serious or not i dont know, but i think hes just under him. And also, saltface isn't really retired, he MAY be going to kit or a major soon and from what ive seen from his plays, he is the best ethereal player. I hope people dont start taking op list to heart. Feelings look like they are getting hurt

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Sonicfox confirmed only Cassie to do anything ever?
Not at all, I went through that list very fast, which was how the HMK guys set up the exercise. I know that you gross and others have put in serious work with Cassie, but this was not some SRK-like slow methodical analysis, just first responses.

Reactions: Jer

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Plus iirc brady said he personally thinks madzin is better than him after they played a set. Wether he was serious or not i dont know, but i think hes just under him. And also, saltface isn't really retired, he MAY be going to kit or a major soon and from what ive seen from his plays, he is the best ethereal player. I hope people dont start taking op list to heart. Feelings look like they are getting hurt
Yeah the intent was for others to post their opinions too, not have mine be seen as anything official. I was just giving an example

Madzin

FEAR ME!
Tom is the real and only O.G. Sub-Zero.
I truely believe that.
We just play them completly different and he focuses way more on the character himself where I am just playing him because of Noob Saibot.
As players its maybe different but for Sub Zero he is on the better/same level.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Mitsuownes is the best Inferno Scorpion
He is also well-known for having developed a unique Scorpion Tech:
- Use a 56k-modem, download some movies, turn the stream on and then pick Inferno! Best mixups ever! :)

(*duck&hide* - I see a moneymatch coming at me in March/at Viennality. Scrubtactics aside, Mitsuownez is quite a likeable and funny guy with a bad sense for drama and a good sense of humour)

Mitsuownes

Grandmaster of the Shirai-Ryu
He is also well-known for having developed a unique Scorpion Tech:
- Use a 56k-modem, download some movies, turn the stream on and then pick Inferno! Best mixups ever! :)

(*duck&hide* - I see a moneymatch coming at me in March/at Viennality :()
I don't do moneymatches.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Tom is the real and only O.G. Sub-Zero.
I truely believe that.
We just play them completly different and he focuses way more on the character himself where I am just playing him because of Noob Saibot.
As players its maybe different but for Sub Zero he is on the better/same level.
Did you ever consider playing stunt double johnny? He was always the MKX character that reminded me most of Noob.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Please do not take offense with this, but Saltface mastered (mastered as much as possible since the game came out) every variation of mileena, His ethereal is his best variation free no contest and has beaten some really good players in tournament with that variation. maybe its just that i haven't seen you play, but this is just my opinion.
none taken :)
dont think you got the sarcasm/joke in my message.
on release i was one of the very very few people using ethereal/posting about ethereal at all (before the buffs) and one of the loudest shouters of how good the variation was after the buffs, hence the "THE" part.

i was glad to see saltface play ethereal instead of that piece of shit variation ravenous that he tried to convince us was her best :p

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
My opinion (Based off offline tournament placings only including placings from the release of the game till now)

Jason- REO, with Whiteboi and Forever King Jr. close behind
Kung Lao- F0xy obviously
Jax- Jupiter, Tyrant close 2nd
Sonya- UA Scar because he's one of the only Sonya players to do well with all 3 variations in tournaments.
Kenshi- Pig
Kitana- Sonicfox, Kitanaprime if considering only Kitana mains
Scorpion- MIT
Sub Zero- This is a toughy, but im going to say Taco. He's the most consistent Sub zero iirc. Madzin and Tom Brady deserve a mention though.
Mileena- Saltface
Takeda- Hayatei for Ronin, Red Raptor/St9rm for shirai ryu
Cassie Cage- Gross
Jacqui- I don't remember the last time I've seen Jacqui do well at a major. Ill give Dab the nod since he's done well in ESL(I know im breaking my own rules).
Kung Jin- Slayer
Tanya- MIT, not even close. Honorable mentions to Vak, SonicFox, Deg, etc.
Predator- Forever King for HQT, Sonic for Hunter
Shinnok- Woundcowboy
Kano- UA Royale, Coach Steve/Showtime close 2nds.
Johnny Cage- Dizzy, Cheap Eddie close 2nd
Erron Black- Sonic Fox
Liu Kang- Zyphox for FF, Dragon's Fire still hasnt had much tournament success(although xaramaka looks like he could be a legit contender at KiT)
Ermac- Nikolass, Big D in close 2nd
Kotal Khan- I cant decide because there are so many. Ill go with Lord Pnut because bias.
Reptile- Milky
Ferra Torr- Biohazard
Dvorah- Honeybee
Raiden- Digit
Quan Chi- Michaelangelo, Honorable mentions to Dink and Ketchup
Goro- Hasn't really been a factor at tournaments iirc. Cant really say I know who the best one is either.
Tremor- DJT

Im sure im forgetting people but....yeah.

Last edited: