What's new

2014 FIFA World Cup general discussion thread

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Not to take anything away from Croatia's performance, but fuck me, Cameroon were embarrassing. I don't even think Dave would bank on them to bail Croatia out in their last match against Brazil if the Croats fail to beat Mexico.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Not to take anything away from Croatia's performance, but fuck me, Cameroon were embarrassing. I don't even think Dave would bank on them to bail Croatia out in their last match against Brazil if the Croats fail to beat Mexico.
Cameroon are bad. No doubt. Arguably the worst team at this World Cup.

Croatia will have to beat Mexico to advance, not depend on Cameroon to pull off a miracle.

STRYKIE

Also, for the ones who did not saw Chile vs Spain, this is how you sing a National Anthem:

I was watching live and was very impressed by how absolute it was around the stadium. Maybe that by itself spooked Spain since they could understand every word :p

I was also amazed by the swerve on Aranguiz's strike, I don't think even Ochoa yesterday would have gone the right way.

Cameroon are bad. No doubt. Arguably the worst team at this World Cup.

Croatia will have to beat Mexico to advance, not depend on Cameroon to pull off a miracle.
Indeed. I don't think any sane non-Brazilian will be watching the Brazil/Cameroon game over the Mexico/Croatia game.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Predictions for tomorrow:
Colombia - Ivory Coast: 3 - 2
Japan - Greece: 2 -2
Uruguay - England: 1 - 1

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
id love to support england but they are their own worst enemies at these tournaments , if its not the media badgering players , or slagging off coaches its something else , england should ban all players and coaching staff from speaking with the media before or during , then we might see a repeat of 66 :)

STRYKIE

Taking some huge gambles today:

Colombia 2-2 Ivory Coast
Uruguay 3-4 England
Japan 1-1 Greece

exyle

Noob
Only one good chance for Colombia in 1st half and Gutierrez blew it.
Both teams are being way too passive.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Colombia looks so strong right now and I have no dought they can hang with anyone right now.. They have a serious chance of winning the Cup.... Europe is not winning this cup...

and James Rodriguez is the fackin' man! He's helping my WC Fantasy team destroy people ;)

exyle

Noob
Second half was so much better; both teams had plenty of opportunities. Sick play from Gervinho, outplaying 3 defenders and scoring. Too bad his team couldn't pull it together.

Uruguay vs England should be fun. I think England will win, 1-0. Both teams are desperate for a win at this point. Or they might be scared to commit to any offense in fear of a counter attack.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Second half was so much better; both teams had plenty of opportunities. Sick play from Gervinho, outplaying 3 defenders and scoring. Too bad his team couldn't pull it together.

Uruguay vs England should be fun. I think England will win, 1-0. Both teams are desperate for a win at this point. Or they might be scared to commit to any offense in fear of a counter attack.

Agreed but I dont think England will beat Uruguay

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I have not seen one single good delivery from set pieces yet from England. Embarrassing.

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
Bravo Suarez!

Was hoping URU would go 2-0 up the way they pressed at the beginning of the second half, but didn't. Then England took over the dominance until that costly mistake that brought the win for URU.