What's new

Match-up Discussion 2013 Ermac MU Chart

zaf

professor
Ya i dont see rain winning against ermac. I wouldn't be opposed to a 5 5, but rain winning? I dont agree.

Ermac can chip with tkp, rain doesn't chip unless he uses ex lightning.

Ermac can zone but not like he does against quan or mil. He has to zone like he does against skarlet or kabal. Which is be cautious, bait the armor and when rain has no meter zone his ass.

Rains rushdown is good with rh cancels and ex rh but ermac can get out. Rains rush down is more of a guessing game and it comes down to poking and not poking.
You can jump out as well. Iafb works good up close against rain too.

His footsies are good but ermac can whiff punish him very well. Dash back and tkp beats a lot of rains normals. Standing 4 or 3 ( i forget which one rain mains love) is ok at best, it has the same range as a d4. Ermac most likely will spend more of his time outsde d4 range. Grabs also destroy rain.

Rain uses meter for ex rh, ex bubble to drain meter. So rain players need to make a decision. Either use meter for utility or for breaker because of how much dmg ermac does. Where as ermac saves all his meter for breaker.

zaf

professor
We are going to have to get back on topic here.

I do not want this thread turning destructive.

If things do not turn back to MU discussion ill close the thread.

On that note ill clean it up a bit on here.

If there is nothing else to do in here just dont post.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
We are going to have to get back on topic here.

I do not want this thread turning destructive.

If things do not turn back to MU discussion ill close the thread.

On that note ill clean it up a bit on here.

If there is nothing else to do in here just dont post.
Sorry :(

Out of curiosity what is the Ermac LK matchup according to most ermacs?

Edit:
Also lol

zaf

professor
Thread cleaned.

Ermac vs liu kang? 5 5 is what most would say, maybe/ possibly in ermac favour. I really want to play xblades or a top lvl LK. Recently a local player picked up LK. So maybe i will learn even more.

As ermac you need to know all of liu's strings. He has so many. And a lot of good counter poke set ups like kitana. Full screen its tied. Mid screen is where i think ermac wins and up close LK has slight advantage. He does have a big hitbox so ermac can abuse 31.

I have a write up for the mu by seven that i will add to the complete guide. Ill let you know when, should be tonight/tomorrow.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
This is my first post here but I main Ermac and thought I would give my impressions from a newbie standpoint on maining him.

The hardest part I had with Ermacs gameplay is trying to incorporate an average close range game to fend off the Cages, Sonya's, Laos, and Kabals (more of a jack of all trades). When I first started playing MK I was getting rusty tromboned by these characters close up and couldn't escape for nothing.

Then instead of trying to hand to hand them, I became patient and started using the air blast to knock them back into mid range where Ermac shines. I waited for them to make mistakes and punished them into my BNB combo against the rushers (tele-lift, ,jk, teleport, ex-push).

It made them think twice and kept them at bay, when someone like Lao would do a hat toss, I would block and then dash forward and I KNEW they would throw another hat toss and did a teleport and then followed it up by a rush in with b+1,1,4, tele lift, jk, teleport, ex-telelift. Works like a charm against average players. Then when they turtle up I do U1 and then try a little pressure and go into a combo.

My biggest problem is Raiden, Smoke, or Kenshi. It feels like Raidens teleport is instant and then can superman me like nothing. Smoke is a tough one for me to get that sweet spot in range because of smoke bombs and tele but I am started to be more patient against him both online and offline and punish his tele or if I can time it right tele then pressure a little bit. Kenshi gives me trouble mainly because I haven't faced many of them yet to get a good read on him.

Anyway. This is just my standpoint as a newer player with Ermac and maybe can help some of the newcomers that are sort of afraid to take on Ermac as their main or secondary. I had a rough time transitioning over from Smoke (I know, newbie) but it was worth it.

I've been playing MK since I was a kid when the first MK came out (I think I was around 6) but really just started having fun with this game online and offline. There is no big offline scene in PA so I am resorting to playing online mostly and offline with some friends when I get the time.

Anyways, this was a long post, sorry about that. I look forward to learning a lot and if anyone wants to have some casual games on XBL my GT is Deviated Neuron.

Thanks!!