What's new

2012 NBA Playoffs

NKZero

Noob
With the playoffs beginning yesterday I thought I'd make a thread about this. How many NBA fans do we have here on TYM? Also did anyone catch some of the action from last night?

I have to say the injuries of Iman Shumpert and Derrick Rose kind of ruined the experience a bit. Nonetheless I watched three of the four games and 2 of them went right down to the wire.

Who are your predictions to win the whole thing? I'm taking Miami.

Here are the scores thus far:

FIRST ROUND
CHI 2-4 PHI
MIA 4-1 NYK
IND 4-1 ORL
ATL 2-4 BOS

SAS 4-0 UTA
OKC 4-0 DAL
LAL 4-3 DEN
MEM 3-4 LAC

CONFERENCE SEMI-FINALS
MIA 4-2 IND
BOS 4-3 PHI

SAS 4-0 LAC
OKC 4-1 LAL

CONFERENCE FINALS
MIA 4-3 BOS

SAS 2-4 OKC

THE FINALS
OKC 1-1 MIA

NKZero

Noob
Atlanta over celtics, bulls over 76ers, Atlanta over bulls, Atlanta loses to heat in eastern finals.
You know what I wouldn't be surprised. The Celtics will be the true test now but should they meet the Bulls next then they could easily take it. The one weakness of Atlanta though is inconsistency and when they run through a rough patch they really struggle. Oh and the fact that Joe Johnson and Josh Smith love throwing up bricks in the playoffs. I really hope they pick it up this year.

I have Boston winning this series though.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
If Boston wins it wouldn't surprise me but the hawks are more consistent this year. Playoffs are a different story. If we can get josh smith to stop shooting I'll be happy. I don't mind Johnson shooting though.

With Derek rose out we certainly could take the bulls. No one is stopping the heat this year.

NKZero

Noob
If Boston wins it wouldn't surprise me but the hawks are more consistent this year. Playoffs are a different story. If we can get josh smith to stop shooting I'll be happy. I don't mind Johnson shooting though.

With Derek rose out we certainly could take the bulls. No one is stopping the heat this year.
Yeah LeBron is on another level right now. I wouldn't count out the Spurs though. Will definitely be interesting. Also if Atlanta are going to beat Boston they have to defend home court. They cannot afford to lose today...

NKZero

Noob
the rose injury pretty much confirmed heat as the eastern conference champions....
exactly. though i do not think the Bulls had a chance anyways. When the Heat turn it on they are nearly unstoppable. Who d'you have making it out of the West?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I've noticed this site is rather picky with sports popularity...

But on the topic itself, I hope the Knicks do well but I doubt they'll beat Miami. I think the bulls will win it all though imo.

Odoyle

Drops combos
Heat are taking it all this year. Lebron will get his first ring one year earlier than MJ did.

OKC has the 2nd best chance though IMO.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Yeah LeBron is on another level right now. I wouldn't count out the Spurs though. Will definitely be interesting. Also if Atlanta are going to beat Boston they have to defend home court. They cannot afford to lose today...
and...they did. My knicks got destroyed and ill watch the game tonight to see how they respond. hawks looking good though
I've noticed this site is rather picky with sports popularity...

But on the topic itself, I hope the Knicks do well but I doubt they'll beat Miami. I think the bulls will win it all though imo.
dont you know derick rose tore his ACL and is out for the season and probly the start of next season? didnt you see the knicks get dominated by the Heat two days ago?

MKF30

and...they did. My knicks got destroyed and ill watch the game tonight to see how they respond. hawks looking good though

dont you know derick rose tore his ACL and is out for the season and probly the start of next season? didnt you see the knicks get dominated by the Heat two days ago?
Actually, didn't hear about this but that's big and sucks for the bulls. thanks for updating me. I kind of follow B-ball "average" since I'm a huge Baseball, Hockey guy so I admit B-ball was on the backburner for me especially when I read NY was going against Miami lol....I was like great...but yeah, that's why I had said hope they do well, I know they got their asses kicked by what 20+pts at least? That's when I turned to the Ranger game and Yankee game...

NKZero

Noob
I thought you were a Hawks fan? Anyways yeah Atlanta did well and Smith rose to the occasion for sure. What was Rondo thinking though? Dumbass getting in the ref's face though he may have tripped slightly which caused him to actually bump the ref. If Boston lose the next game it's over for them.

Yeah New York need to do something tonight or it's officially a wrap for them as well (as if it wasn't anyways lol). Also man those Clippers!! So happy I didn't give up on the game when Memphis were up by nearly 30 points. Historic performance.

NKZero

Noob
Heat are taking it all this year. Lebron will get his first ring one year earlier than MJ did.

OKC has the 2nd best chance though IMO.
I dunno man the Spurs are looking pretty damn good at the moment. If Parker can keep up this level of play then teams better worry. Plus Ginobili is not even wrecking shit yet and they are still in top form. I could see a Heat-Spurs final tbh...

Odoyle

Drops combos
Bulls would be beat in 4-5 games in a playoff series vs the Heat without Rose. Maybe next year if that ACL doesn't slow Rose down for the rest of his career, which it might.

NKZero

Noob
Fuck the heat man lol. Bulls are gonna take it over the 76ers and ATL.
Even if the Bulls somehow get past ATL (or BOS) for that matter then there is no way in hell they are getting past the Heat. Even if they had D Rose it wouldn't make a difference. I don't like the Heat too much (with the exception of Bosh), but I know they are at least winning the Eastern Conference.

Even if the Bulls somehow get past ATL (or BOS) for that matter then there is no way in hell they are getting past the Heat. Even if they had D Rose it wouldn't make a difference. I don't like the Heat too much (with the exception of Bosh), but I know they are at least winning the Eastern Conference.
Im sure as fuck they can get past Boston. I think they would have one hell of a chance against the Heat, although I havent been keeping up with the NBA lately because of the lockout season. But I think Rose is if not the best player one of the best. I can definitely see Heat winning it all though.

NKZero

Noob
Im sure as fuck they can get past Boston. I think they would have one hell of a chance against the Heat, although I havent been keeping up with the NBA lately because of the lockout season. But I think Rose is if not the best player one of the best. I can definitely see Heat winning it all though.
wait I don't think you realise that Rose is not playing anymore. Tore his ACL and he's out for the playoffs and more of next season as well. That gives them 0% chance to win when they only had like 10% to begin with. Miami have two players BETTER than Rose and a third player who would be the second best on the Bulls squad. Too much star talent despite the Bulls' superior team chemistry and coaching. I wouldn't say for sure they can get past Boston at this rate or even Atlanta. With Rose yes, without I dunno...

MKF30

lol ^ that gif is priceless. But yeah, Amare pretty much just assured the knicks will lose...good job.