What's new

2012 NBA Playoffs

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Sweet Jesus I love watching Rondo play. He is such an unique and special player. Future Hall of Famer imo.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm going to say 4-1 Miami. They'll get complacent and New York might just do enough to steal one. But yeah they are only prolonging a certain death anyways. Bulls have no excuse if they don't win this series. Even if they do it's a tall order asking them to beat Boston/Atlanta next round. However for most of the year they did get stuff done without D Rose and they still managed to secure home court for the entirety of the play-offs. You just never know...

Anyways tonight's predictions...

Orlando beats Indiana (currently live)
Clippers beat Memphis
San Antonio beat Utah
Dallas beat Oklahoma City

Nice call lol, NYK won one!! Yayy lol

NKZero

Noob
You will not find a better series than MEM-LAC. Oh my! Let's go Clips! Anyways Spurs with the sweep. I'll update the scores. Who's the best point-guard in the league guys?

MKF30

Spurs swept? I find myself liking that team, very classy and quite team but deadly too.

NKZero

Noob
Spurs swept? I find myself liking that team, very classy and quite team but deadly too.
I'm amazed with what Pops has been able to do with ageing stars and a very young and bare-boned supporting cast. Who would have ever thought that Splitter, Bonner, Green etc would be lightning things up? Amazing team synergy right there I think the only obstacle out West are the Lakers (too much experience for the Thunder imo).

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Man, the Lakers can barely beat a scrub team. I fear OKC will spank them in the second round.

NKZero

Noob
Man, the Lakers can barely beat a scrub team. I fear OKC will spank them in the second round.
I also think OKC will win but if somehow Lakers get through then they will give the Spurs trouble. Plus if they beat Denver then 4-1 is hardly a struggle dude...they're looking pretty good and for the first time in a long time, Kobe has a legit consistent second option who will help out offensively (Bynum) and then you still have Gasol. Their bigs could dominate OKC's bigs. Perkins is undersized...

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I also think OKC will win but if somehow Lakers get through then they will give the Spurs trouble. Plus if they beat Denver then 4-1 is hardly a struggle dude...they're looking pretty good and for the first time in a long time, Kobe has a legit consistent second option who will help out offensively (Bynum) and then you still have Gasol. Their bigs could dominate OKC's bigs. Perkins is undersized...
Did you watch yesterday's game? Bynum and Gasol are inconsistent, so Kobe has to perform miracles in order for the Lakers to win, even against a scrub team with no star power. If they play OKC the way they play Denver, they will lose 4:1. I'm a Lakers fan and I want them to win, but this team clearly has issues.

NKZero

Noob
Did you watch yesterday's game? Bynum and Gasol are inconsistent, so Kobe has to perform miracles in order for the Lakers to win, even against a scrub team with no star power. If they play OKC the way they play Denver, they will lose 4:1. I'm a Lakers fan and I want them to win, but this team clearly has issues.
It's more Gasol than Bynum tbh. Bynum is doing pretty well and Kobe is Kobe I guess. Yeah it is worrying though. This series should have been wrapped up already. It'll be interesting to see. How did the Lakers fare vs OKC in the regular season?

MKF30

Personally, I like the teams that have less stars or no selfish stars. I think it's turned too much into a "one man sport" you know, teams struggling they give the ball to one guy to bail them out. But I hope SA and Chicago does well.

NKZero

Noob
Personally, I like the teams that have less stars or no selfish stars. I think it's turned too much into a "one man sport" you know, teams struggling they give the ball to one guy to bail them out. But I hope SA and Chicago does well.
You can count Chicago out lol. Pretty disappointing that they were owned this bad even without Rose. They did enough in the regular season w/out him to suggest that they could at least win this series. Oh well Boston have punched a free ticket into the Eastern Conference Finals imo....(as have Miami tbh).

Also what madness! Could both LA teams be in store for a first round exit? Well to be fair the Clippers just have to win on their home floor to wrap up the series but still. Lakers? Wow. What are they thinking? I would laugh hard if Denver won at the Staples Centre.

Should be interesting.

MKF30

You can count Chicago out lol. Pretty disappointing that they were owned this bad even without Rose. They did enough in the regular season w/out him to suggest that they could at least win this series. Oh well Boston have punched a free ticket into the Eastern Conference Finals imo....(as have Miami tbh).

Also what madness! Could both LA teams be in store for a first round exit? Well to be fair the Clippers just have to win on their home floor to wrap up the series but still. Lakers? Wow. What are they thinking? I would laugh hard if Denver won at the Staples Centre.

Should be interesting.
Yeah, just read that lol. Awe well, let's go San Antonio! lol. As long as the Lakers don't win it again, lol. But yeah, if Denver wins or goes that far I'll be shocked. Time will tell.

NKZero

Noob
Alright what do we think of the 2nd round so far?

LAL destroyed by OKC game 1 (though I wouldn't look too much into that yet)....
MIA 1-0 up on IND but must worry about the fact that Bosh is out for the series. Can IND take advantage?
PHI fighting back hard to tie the series vs BOS. Both teams' victories have been by 1 point only.
LAC-SAS game 1 tonight. Let's see if the well rested SAS do not show any rust. Could LAC cause an upset?

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
im a HUGE nba fan, dont know why its taken me so long to get up in dis bitch.
Miami just lost to the Pacers, but even without Bosh for the series, they should still take it in six

Spurs are gonna humble the Clippers; if this goes more than 5 games i'd be shocked

Celtics and Sixers look like a pretty good series, Philly isnt going anywhere but they aint going quietly either

Thunder and Lakers...wow...if Kobe was in his prime, this would be one of those times where he would remind everyone why he is one of the greatest of all time (and he is). however, as good as he still is, Durant/Westbrook/Harden are all 24 and under with playoff experience. plus, they have the best home court advantage in the league (other than Golden State, amazingly), and the entire population of their city AND Seattle want to pound the Lakers. i hope this goes 7 games, it has the makings of a classic, but im thinking a lopsided 6

NKZero

Noob
im a HUGE nba fan, dont know why its taken me so long to get up in dis bitch.
Miami just lost to the Pacers, but even without Bosh for the series, they should still take it in six

Spurs are gonna humble the Clippers; if this goes more than 5 games i'd be shocked

Celtics and Sixers look like a pretty good series, Philly isnt going anywhere but they aint going quietly either

Thunder and Lakers...wow...if Kobe was in his prime, this would be one of those times where he would remind everyone why he is one of the greatest of all time (and he is). however, as good as he still is, Durant/Westbrook/Harden are all 24 and under with playoff experience. plus, they have the best home court advantage in the league (other than Golden State, amazingly), and the entire population of their city AND Seattle want to pound the Lakers. i hope this goes 7 games, it has the makings of a classic, but im thinking a lopsided 6
My predictions:
SAS 4-1 LAC (unfortunately because I love CP3 and want him to progress. also wanna see a battle of LA Conference finals)
OKC 4-3 LAL (again unfortunate. see above. however I like OKC so idk really)
BOS 4-2 PHI (Boston will turn it up when they need to)
MIA 4-3 IND (originally had it at 4-2 but Bosh injury could be very worrying. Indiana aren't 2nd round fodder that's for sure)

MKF30

My predictions:
SAS 4-1 LAC (unfortunately because I love CP3 and want him to progress. also wanna see a battle of LA Conference finals)
OKC 4-3 LAL (again unfortunate. see above. however I like OKC so idk really)
BOS 4-2 PHI (Boston will turn it up when they need to)
MIA 4-3 IND (originally had it at 4-2 but Bosh injury could be very worrying. Indiana aren't 2nd round fodder that's for sure)
Yeah!! SA won! haha, Duncan still has it. I so hope they go all the way.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
well Thunder held home court advantage by pulling a victory out of their asses in the final two minutes. The final shot by Blake was actually the right decision: he was open, he is very capable of making that shot, and Kobe was uncharacteristically off. Good shit by OKC.

Do NOT sleep on the Celtics. They have a great point guard and their three hall of famers are still very good, and as role players, they are great. I may be starting to lean towards Boston if Bosh misses more time than expected.

People really need to stfu about Lebron not being clutch. He's NOT Jordan. Michael's legacy benefits from the fact that so many of those shots did go in, when they could have very easily missed. Had a few of those not gone in, maybe he would only have 3 or 4 rings (where am i going with this?). My point is, like Jordan, Lebron can do things on the court no other player could even dream of doing. If he never gets a ring then he never gets a ring; just appreciate greatness win or lose

NobilityV3

Smalls deep.
<-- Representing KG right now since he's been an absolute fucking BEAST. Seriously playing like it's 04 right now and by the looks of it Boston is about to take this series 4-1.

And holy shit lol