What's new

13 of 24 confirmed (not including DLC)...so who's next?

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Yup, no video. Calling fake, but those descriptions sound pretty good, tbh. Surprised there hasn't been more "leaked" shit like this.
Any pics from the video @Gideon_Grey ? Not loading

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
I dont know about that. These names Lakhesis, Givran and Varsudo are sounding really random and fake in my opinion.
Dammit i wanna see this video now.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Lol, more fake than Ferra/Torr, Cassie Cage, Kotal Kahn and Erron Black?
These names like Cage, Kahn or Erron Black are sounding possible and believable for MK.

But Lakhesis, Givran and Varsudo are sounding like names from a MMO name generator you have to agree with me here.

Well i can't even find the youtube account, so maybe the whole thing got hit, but I have a hard time believing that.

This list seems fake though. A few thoughts:

1. No characters from the comics like Erron black(i guess jacqui counts), with new characters who haven't shown in the comics. Not saying it'd have to be 1 to 1, but it's somewhat shocking.

2. Names really are odd. Feel like the "trying too hard" stuff you usually get with fakes.

3. I wish I could've seen the shinnok picture. I HIGHLY doubt he's going to look super similar to his MK4 look, as everyone else got decent costume redesigns so far, so if it's the same look I'd be willing to call fake.

4. Baraka, sektor, kabal. If you asked me to make a top 3 list of characters who wouldn't return from MK9, who we didn't already know weren't coming back, that might literally be it. It's just barely possible though, but I highly highly doubt it.

5. Mileena and reiko fits with the comics direction, but again I just feel that combined with the rest something is off(mainly reiko, what was he wearing?).

6. I seem to recall hints we'd get another ninja, and this doesn't line up wtih t hat.
Anyways without the vid/pictures it's impossible to tell. If this was a legit leak MK PR team will be making sure that none of the "deal breakers" that would confirm the leak will be released in the next few weeks. Namely any of the new characters named on that list + the ones named in point 4.

On the names, most MK names have lots of hard constant sounds, while the "leaked" names are very soft. It's picking at straws to say that could disprove this, but when put next to everything else it doesn't help.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
These names like Cage, Kahn or Erron Black are sounding possible and believable for MK.

But Lakhesis, Givran and Varsudo are sounding like names from a MMO name generator you have to agree with me here.
Lol, if you put all those names up there, they all kind of sound fake to me. Maybe we'll get some evidence when the next video/stream happens.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Also to note in this "leaked roster" there is neither Kenshi or Takeda and that sounds really unlikely that nobody of the two is in the game
especially with their focus on in the comic, the casting call and the teased telekinetic fatality by Ed Boon. Even more a sign that its fake.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Not saying it was a real vid or not, but names like Ferra/Torr, Erron Black, Quan Chi, Kabal, and Kintaro sound about as "fake" as Givran and Varsudo do. Hell, maybe even more fake lol.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Also to note in this "leaked roster" there is neither Kenshi or Takeda and that sounds really unlikely that nobody of the two is in the game
especially with their focus on in the comic, the casting call and the teased telekinetic fatality by Ed Boon. Even more a sign that its fake.
I think Takeda is in there, just got broken up "Take da". Under Varsudo description. Maybe a spelling error or wonky typing. Says he is in white and red, and holding a sword.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Not saying it was a real vid or not, but names like Ferra/Torr, Erron Black, Quan Chi, Kabal, and Kintaro sound about as "fake" as Givran and Varsudo do. Hell, maybe even more fake lol.
Really?
Ferra/Torr and Erron Black have the typical double RR.
Quan Chi sounds like actual asian name.
Kabal short name with the typcal K instead of C.
Kintaro is a japanese tale.

Givran and Varsudo are just a mish mash of letter without meaning, NRS spelling or a asian sound to it.
And Lakhesis is a name straight up from God Of War.

Sorry guys but NRS names normally have meanings, typical NRS spelling or a asian sound.

Saying they sound as fake as the known MK names is wrong.

Last edited:

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
I think Takeda is in there, just got broken up "Take da". Under Varsudo description. Maybe a spelling error or wonky typing. Says he is in white and red, and holding a sword.
Ah ok didnt see that because of the misspelling my bad.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Word? Homeboy posted the video and descriptions of the characters in one post, with no edit. Why would you describe the characters yourself when you just posted a video for everyone to see?

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Maybe it was a copypasta from source? He/she isn't responding...Who made that post a couple of days ago with the supposed Shinnok/Tanya at the select screen?