What's new

11/6/20 KK - Confirmed System / Balance Changes Coming

Zviko

Noob
Doesn't matter. They should let them all in.
Why? Terminator's move was obviously put in because that's what the character is known for and for people to have fun with it. Moves like that were never meant to be even considered for competitive play. So why waste time and resources for something that will take months and months of patching and still fail to balance it right?

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Can't wait for the Jacqui Upgraded drama to grow.

With the custom Upgraded variation, every time she is picked, a "Cry ma river" song by Timberlake should be played in the background. The combination of Next Gen with Upgraded shrapnel cancel is a death touch.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Can't wait for the Jacqui Upgraded drama to grow.

With the custom Upgraded variation, every time she is picked, a "Cry ma river" song by Timberlake should be played in the background. The combination of Next Gen with Upgraded shrapnel cancel is a death touch.
Upgraded + clinch does more damage

Rockets give ridiculous meterless damage

Upgraded + cancels is ridiculous pressure and you legit never get a turn

Clinch + cancels + hyper knee gives you first round levels of damage + extra KB + armour break.

NoCharge

Noob
Why? Terminator's move was obviously put in because that's what the character is known for and for people to have fun with it. Moves like that were never meant to be even considered for competitive play. So why waste time and resources for something that will take months and months of patching and still fail to balance it right?
Wrong. 16bit said NOW these moves can't be considered for competitive play because they're deemed too powerful. They're just being lazy and don't want the extra work of balancing them if you ask me. Also, why waste time creating moves that won't be played anyway? Before customs were legal, these moves were at least played in casuals, now I bet they won't be used at all or very very rarely.

NoCharge

Noob
This is also true for some moves that have been in tournament variations since beginning.
Maybe, if they don't get changed in the upcoming patch. I don't think they should upright ban anything, just nerf to the ground and rebalance later if they feel like it. Banning excludes any possibility of the moves being played further on, which is a bad decision imo.

Thanks for the vid, REO. So why is it called wave dash in MK11 if the method is identical to block dashing?
Also, is it considered completely different because of the actual wave dash (crouching) portion MK9 has or because MK11 generally does this better with forward dash than backwards?

Gaxkang

Banned
Upgraded + clinch does more damage

Rockets give ridiculous meterless damage

Upgraded + cancels is ridiculous pressure and you legit never get a turn

Clinch + cancels + hyper knee gives you first round levels of damage + extra KB + armour break.
Never getting a turn....sheesh

People are gonna be like

Gaxkang

Banned
Well I wish they gave more thought to the skeleton move....it's a weird useless cameo that they still thought should take two slots

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I doubt D’Vorah’s Mother Bug will be available in tournament play either. Geras’s time manipulation. Anything that seems overly bonkers.

Jbog

Noob
Unless this is a huge patch to gameplay which I dont see this adds about 2 weeks to the fun of this game then everyone knows optimal customs for characters and boring we'll be again. With lack of setups and tech for a game as a whole I think this game could be doomed.

Jbog

Noob
Mk9 mkx while both we're a hot mess on balance they had the creative fun factor that mk players love. This game just lacks that. Love nrs games and like this one just wish they would have strayed so far from mk9 it brought this franchise back for a reason. Fun factor!!

Zviko

Noob
Unless this is a huge patch to gameplay which I dont see this adds about 2 weeks to the fun of this game then everyone knows optimal customs for characters and boring we'll be again. With lack of setups and tech for a game as a whole I think this game could be doomed.
I disagree. What variations tried to do is give players options to play a character that fits their playstyle and they failed at it. There were "go to" variations now and yeah maybe very few will still have that but not many. Noob for example, you can play him as a zoner now. You can also go full combo or even hybrid/anti zoning. You can even make Kitana a mix up character now or go full zoning. Same with Sindel etc.

Lack of tech are you serious? Do you even notice twitter and youtube are exploding with Frost and Dvorah's new setups? That's just two characters that I notice. There are a millions more for all the custom moves

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
In that case, good thing they decided to do huge mechanic changes and add three characters

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Mk9 mkx while both we're a hot mess on balance they had the creative fun factor that mk players love. This game just lacks that. Love nrs games and like this one just wish they would have strayed so far from mk9 it brought this franchise back for a reason. Fun factor!!
It's a huge patch and literally a game-changer. It opens up a degree of freedom that we've never had in these games.

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
Am I missing the boat here? It seemed like NRS had (finally) acknowledged that the wakeup system was broken, heavily favoring the defender and disadvantaging the attacker. That's why delayed wakeup options were being nerfed.

If that's true, I don't understand the logic of universally decreasing knockdown hit advantage across the board. How is that anything but a massive help to defenders and a massive punch to the gut for attackers?

Knockdowns were already practically the only time certain characters could get out their slow, punishable setups... and now it seems like those will be nearly impossible. Already you basically needed a 9-10 frame mid to have a real shot at a meaty, and now everyone else is even more handicapped, even with the delayed wakeup change.

I just don't understand what this change was trying to accomplish...?

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Am I missing the boat here? It seemed like NRS had (finally) acknowledged that the wakeup system was broken, heavily favoring the defender and disadvantaging the attacker. That's why delayed wakeup options were being nerfed.

If that's true, I don't understand the logic of universally decreasing knockdown hit advantage across the board. How is that anything but a massive help to defenders and a massive punch to the gut for attackers?

Knockdowns were already practically the only time certain characters could get out their slow, punishable setups... and now it seems like those will be nearly impossible. Already you basically needed a 9-10 frame mid to have a real shot at a meaty, and now everyone else is even more handicapped, even with the delayed wakeup change.

I just don't understand what this change was trying to accomplish...?
I think their first intention was to give the defender the advantage so it's more back and forth and less oppressive like X.

Even if they decrease lockdown advantage a bit they are removing delayed wakeup making it a single option universally strengthening offense imo
Along with addressing female hitboxs and mods that wiff should also contribute to oki