What's new

11/6/20 KK - Confirmed System / Balance Changes Coming

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
What does this mean in gameplay terms? Like im shang and jacqui leaps, explain pls.
If I understand it correctly, you usually have a window of 6 frames to flawless block an attack. But for those specific moves, that window is wider and thus easier to hit.

If I understand it correctly, you usually have a window of 6 frames to flawless block an attack. But for those specific moves, that window is wider and thus easier to hit.
So flawless block her instant overhead from the leap? Sounds too risky unless I'm understanding incorrectly. Especially on that variation of jac

Are there any other competitive games that require specific tricks like that to get basic mechanics to work as intended? Like, imagine playing Call of Duty and it's just understood that the Left Trigger is supposed to throw a grenade, but it only works like 20% of the time unless you press Right Trigger first, and then press Left Trigger. That's literally what's happening here. The input is u3, but it just doesn't work most of the time unless you press du3. There are a handful of character-specific inputs that are just as clunky. I hope some of that shit gets looked at with the upcoming fixes.
I remember mk9 in order for me personally to connect say, the reptile njp after the slide, i would have to roll my fingers over 2 buttons for the 1 button that controlled the njp 5o come outl. Nrs games are always janky af

So anyone else losing KL points? They should've waited with the KL changes until after this season is done, I have all requirements and have made it until Jade's skin, but I'm afraid to update and go online as I have no way of knowing. Apparently NRS mentioned you need to do the KL trial and after that your points should be back, but for some it's still 0. What if you don't do that before KL ends, quite risky it seems. What to do?!

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
So anyone else losing KL points? They should've waited with the KL changes until after this season is done, I have all requirements and have made it until Jade's skin, but I'm afraid to update and go online as I have no way of knowing. Apparently NRS mentioned you need to do the KL trial and after that your points should be back, but for some it's still 0. What if you don't do that before KL ends, quite risky it seems. What to do?!
I actually made GOD rank since they gave me 500+ KL points by doing the three Scorpion fights and I won my first KL match today :D

@CrimsonShadow - yes, patch itself is out.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Apparently there has been a universal buffer added to single normals and strings to let your move come out properly. Now there won't be a huge advantage to mashing out of plus frames over enforcing plus frames. Dizzy talked about it in Grr's chat.
Thank the fucking elder gods. The amount of times I've gotten mashed against after staggering S3 as D'Vorah has been MUCH too high (same goes for 121).

Jbog

Noob
Ok i now eat my words a huge welcomed patch makes gameplay fun!! No more annoying mash poke meta. Thank the lord!

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
They nerf moves that didn't needed nerfing and ban the ones that was not a problem. Who actually playtesting these changes? Nerfing Demon Dash was just a dumb move, and kills my Ultimate HellFire Scorpion build.

This patch is lazy and underwhelming...
  • High attacks still whiffing on crouch blocking characters. We are in 2020, this is the equivalent in CS:GO to "some weapons deals less damage to certain skins" or "the amount of rounds your deagle has depends on the mouse you have"
  • Some strings don't combo into special moves for no fking reason (like Dvorah 12 into teleport or launcher)
  • 6 o 7 moves banned from competitive, why?? just nerf them, how are you so damn lazy
  • Flawless blocks window changes for "some moves", seriously wtf? so we should review all moves to see which have special Flaw blocks windows?
  • and yeah, flawless block windows also expanded for fatal blows... how da fck is going to flwaless block intentionally that sht?