What's new

General/Other 1.06 Shazam Patch Notes

Will you still use Shazam?

• Total voters
two hits of armor until she touches you which the armor duration will end, I'm pretty sure.

In every fighting game I play my characters usually more unorthodox than how others play the same character... also my shazam is new but i think it is pretty awesome. I hope Heroic_Legacy somewhat agrees :eek:
-MB B3 cat dash all day every day. Why care about 2 hits of armor? Can't have armor in recovery hopefully. Though that'd be pretty sick to have the second hit of armor during recovery frames. XvSF Chun like with unpunishable meter move.

-PPJ has the perfect shazam strategy. Play against characters who have no way to punish torpedo meaningfully and just do it and backdash. Then teleport to build meter and torpedo. Always MB it, always do more torpedo. This is obviously flawless because standing on the tracks when the train's coming through is something people shouldn't do.

-Since I was the only one using 3 anyway as a neutral poke/anti jump button the extra chip damage is nice. Having a goofy front kick always helps me laugh at life when I play this character.

-I wonder if they still have the unthrowable state during b3 f3 and command throws.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
-MB B3 cat dash all day every day. Why care about 2 hits of armor? Can't have armor in recovery hopefully. Though that'd be pretty sick to have the second hit of armor during recovery frames. XvSF Chun like with unpunishable meter move.

-PPJ has the perfect shazam strategy. Play against characters who have no way to punish torpedo meaningfully and just do it and backdash. Then teleport to build meter and torpedo. Always MB it, always do more torpedo. This is obviously flawless because standing on the tracks when the train's coming through is something people shouldn't do.

-Since I was the only one using 3 anyway as a neutral poke/anti jump button the extra chip damage is nice. Having a goofy front kick always helps me laugh at life when I play this character.

-I wonder if they still have the unthrowable state during b3 f3 and command throws.
i love S3, its really underrated

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
isn't that the same for everybody though?

also his B3 is kinda whack

His B3 has always confused me. I mean, who punches like that?? You'd think he'd get at least a little follow through on it.

As for the changes, I'm excited about increased range on HM and AT. I love pressuring people into walking backwards and YOLO HM'ing them, and now I guess that'll just be even more gravy

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
His backdash was broken FACT
His dive kick was a braindead way in FACT
His MB lightning was a LOW that hit you out of the air FACT
he had way to much meterless damage FACT

Shazam isnt bad, its you players. Why is it everytime i go into the lab i find stuff that i never see any other shazam players do? Its because people obsess over 1 tactic that they cant use so they just cry. I literally just found anti wakeup tech that involves on string that was deemed useless. Let me know when guys stop crying. Let alone shazam is only gonna get better.

I agree with all the stuff about BA. I mean, I guess we could call it nerfs or whatever but I just think it has more to do with the fact that he had too much going for him. It's not like he's going to fall to bottom 3 without being at the height of his ridiculous powers

Xanru

Noob
So , having a safe long reach 50/50 ( as in b2 or HM ) is bad? Good 1 meter damage is bad?Pretty damn good wakeup game?Good dashes make him so terrible duh.

( clarifing on HM as safe...the recovery on whiff is really short and i don't see it getting punished on reaction anytime soon )

I really think Shazam is going to be a more than decent character , not top 10 but still pretty good.
Pretty sure b2 isn't safe, and HM has almost 20 frames of recovery.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
But like I've stated before to me Shazam is a good character he just has to work harder than most.He can be very annoying if you know how to play each MU right but some are just hopeless ever played shazam vs NW dam near impossible but every character has bad MU's does'nt make him a bad character.

RamenO

It Stinks!
And you people still just want shazam to be broken...
No, Shazam players wanted huge holes in his overall game to be addressed. Shit like his D3 being fucking -11, which means he can get punished for attempting his only reliable low. Shit like half his strings being useless, some of which aren't even special cancelable, and while I haven't gotten to try the patch just yet, shit like B2 corpse/crouch hopping people depending on distance. The 3 in F223 hitting high when it clearly says mid causing you to get punished if you continue with the string. And the worst thing of all, MB Bolt being the biggest trashcan garbage since Oscar the Grouch from Sesame Street. Stuff like that getting buffed/fixed would have been SO much preferable to what we got.

The problem with stupid ass changes like this, is that it overlooks his real problems and when people still complain they're seen as whiners or just moaning because we were already thrown a bone. The problem is I asked for a hamburger and got a fucking veggie sandwich. Sure I won't go hungry, but that's not what I ordered.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
I love the buffs he got definitely going to make me play him more probably start maining him along with lex

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I really start to think that if NRS decided to nerf his trait a bit (trait that can do 75% in corner from an overhead), it's because they don't know fuck where b23 juggle, and Hm/achille buffs will lead us. Imo, pretty good new because now the BnBs (no trait) buffs seem to be very legit in term of damages :)

There's a lot of overplaying and underplaying going on when we don't know the full story. I don't think the trait scaling adjustment is going to be that bad. For those of you who may not be aware, his trait already has a decent amount of scaling.

I get the impression that Shazam will now be a "high risk/high reward" character rather than "high risk/average reward", and I think that's where he should be.

I would agree with the trait nerf if that means we can follow up B23 with trait and continue the combo. Otherwise, fuck this shit.

zoofs

bless
I would agree with the trait nerf if that means we can follow up B23 with trait and continue the combo. Otherwise, fuck this shit.
more than just b23, I would only be okay with the trait nerf if they made it so you could do trait cancels like supermans dumbass

Shawi

Noob
One strng. We can use trait after 1 string. Im sorry but if you cant do b3 after b23 now, then what is the point. It just becomes like every other one of his strings.

Shawi

Noob
It is punishable by every character in the game. Period. When opponents know the matchup, PPJ won't play like that.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
To me Shazam has always being bad and for few reasons :

- 90% people don't know how to play him.
- he sucks against good zoners, especially online.
- Not enough damages.
- Limited mixups.

Now he'll do more damages, his vortex will be easier : dash forward into empty command grab can be godlike, Hm is unblockable, now we'll have the range. =)

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
I'm still going to rock him personally. Now, to actually get to play the game more seriously though...

That being said, his trait being normalized (as in, it wasn't a deliberate change more so than noticing something in the game's code that was wonky, and from what I understand damage scaling in general was wonky in I:GAU considering how many characters had that changed) kind of sucks, but I'll be happy over the range increase and the damage increase of our two main throws, as well as the b2,3

I'm pretty sure b2,3 was a way to get us to use 3 more, since otherwise that move was outright bad unless you caught the earliest of all jump-ins, in which case you would have been better to use j2 anyway.

I feel like these changes should have been 1.05, and then 1.06 should have been the fine-tuning, but I guess everyone's always yearning for one more patch.

Also, message in general, if you've got tech, share it. Although for some reason I'm thinking the string MagicMan is referring to is the 1,2,f3 string by process of elimination.