What's new

General/Other 1.06 Shazam Patch Notes

Will you still use Shazam?

• Total voters

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
There are still many ways to move past his weaknesses, are we just gonna moan and groan again?

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
All of them are great.. damage increase as I said is less work. and range increase can let you end his bnb with AC (hopefully). though probably if b2-3 lift doesn't change through hit stun, we might find a new BNB than can end with a d3 or trait setup that doesn't need to sacrifice meter or damage.

Shawi

Noob
lol this thread is unbelievable
Care to elaborate?

he benefits hella from the mb b3/f3 buff. imagine you have trait on and you read a catwoman mb cat dash. you mb b3 then f3 for like 45% unclashable damage
Her cat dash has 2 hits of armour now does it not?

Also I watched your shazam footage the other day, and it was weird lol. There were no combos or anything. Just backdash forward dash tele and AT.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Care to elaborate?

Her cat dash has 2 hits of armour now does it not?

Also I watched your shazam footage the other day, and it was weird lol. There were no combos or anything. Just backdash forward dash tele and AT.
two hits of armor until she touches you which the armor duration will end, I'm pretty sure.

In every fighting game I play my characters usually more unorthodox than how others play the same character... also my shazam is new but i think it is pretty awesome. I hope Heroic_Legacy somewhat agrees :eek:

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
In every fighting game I play my characters usually more unorthodox than how others play the same character... also my shazam is new but i think it is pretty awesome. I hope Heroic_Legacy somewhat agrees :eek:

you're too unsafe still imo

if you were playing against people who would full punish you every time using chars that could too, I think it could be a problem

zoofs

bless
I will no longer tremble in fear when I see someone pick shazam online, as the best character in the game finally got nerfed!!! my posts on the injustice facebook have finally paid off! love you nrs <3333 xDD :3 xP

Shawi

Noob
I will no longer tremble in fear when I see someone pick shazam online, as the best character in the game finally got nerfed!!! my posts on the injustice facebook have finally paid off! love you nrs <3333 xDD :3 xP
Superman hardly got nerfed tbh. BA on the other hand was nerfed to oblivion!

zoofs

bless
Superman hardly got nerfed tbh. BA on the other hand was nerfed to oblivion!
I feel like it was complete overkill, I didn't think he needed to get nerfed that heavily.. the damage scaling is just unnecessary especially with his trait getting nerfed as well

MagicMan357

not sure if serious... it would be impossible to make shazam broken
A dude with huge range on command throws with more damage on everything, but you still want a better tele and projectiles?

You guys just keep demonstrating you want a broken character, and alot of the issues people complain about arent even issues

Shawi

Noob
Wow MagicMan357 thinking BA didnt get nerfed! He was nerfed harder than scorpion was nerfed. Every aspect of his game was nerfed. His backdash was central to his game mechanics, his divekick was fine, his mb lightning was also fine. Comparing Shazam with BA is nonsense. Even if shazam got a 1 frame tele, he'd still not be as good as BA.

MagicMan357

Wow MagicMan357 thinking BA didnt get nerfed! He was nerfed harder than scorpion was nerfed. Every aspect of his game was nerfed. His backdash was central to his game mechanics, his divekick was fine, his mb lightning was also fine. Comparing Shazam with BA is nonsense. Even if shazam got a 1 frame tele, he'd still not be as good as BA.
His backdash was broken FACT
His dive kick was a braindead way in FACT
His MB lightning was a LOW that hit you out of the air FACT
he had way to much meterless damage FACT

Shazam isnt bad, its you players. Why is it everytime i go into the lab i find stuff that i never see any other shazam players do? Its because people obsess over 1 tactic that they cant use so they just cry. I literally just found anti wakeup tech that involves on string that was deemed useless. Let me know when guys stop crying. Let alone shazam is only gonna get better.

zoofs

bless

Shazam isnt bad, its you players. Why is it everytime i go into the lab i find stuff that i never see any other shazam players do? Its because people obsess over 1 tactic that they cant use so they just cry. I literally just found anti wakeup tech that involves on string that was deemed useless. Let me know when guys stop crying. Let alone shazam is only gonna get better.
have fun being delusional lol..

Crathen

Death is my business
So , having a safe long reach 50/50 ( as in b2 or HM ) is bad? Good 1 meter damage is bad?Pretty damn good wakeup game?Good dashes make him so terrible duh.

( clarifing on HM as safe...the recovery on whiff is really short and i don't see it getting punished on reaction anytime soon )

I really think Shazam is going to be a more than decent character , not top 10 but still pretty good.

MagicMan357

So , having a safe long reach 50/50 ( as in b2 or HM ) is bad? Good 1 meter damage is bad?Pretty damn good wakeup game?Good dashes make him so terrible duh.

( clarifing on HM as safe...the recovery on whiff is really short and i don't see it getting punished on reaction anytime soon )

I really think Shazam is going to be a more than decent character , not top 10 but still pretty good.
Exactly my point let alone once he knocks you down he can turn over the match in seconds, but this community just wants braindead nonsense *cough*mk9*cough*

Shawi

Noob

Irrelevant - he was nerfed. Good luck with your tech mate, you'll need it.