What's new

1.06 Lobo Tier placing?

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
He's much better, a top tier character hardly. Everything that made him better this patch still needs meter and still needs some breathing room to set up traits. It's not like some idiot character that can just throw shit out over and over until it works. His normals are ok but nothing to brag about. If he's top 10 what about Zod and his bitch ghost, Martian Muff Hunter, Superdouche, Wonderwhore, Green Lanturd, Black Asshole, Derpsday, Nightwang, Buttgirl and Fatman. They are still all better than him.
There's no way Lobo is worse than Doomsday or Nightwing at this point. The other really likely candidates for top 10 characters come down to MMH, Zod, Superman, Adam, Frost, Flash, Lantern, Batgirl, Batman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman. I think Lobo stands a very fair shot of muscling his way past a couple of them in the tiers. If he's not top 10, then he's only just barely missed it.

CommonNick

Europe, PSN: "CommonNick"
This is also wrong. Bane and Grundy have better damage in terms of damage itself. (Grundy having 60% unclashable mid screen if Power Chain is up with double GR and both having 70% transition combos)

In terms of actual viable damage Bane FAR surpasses everybody. For the same amount of bars + traits Bane gets 49% 3 bars and has 59-65% super links.

I would say in terms of unclashable damage he is on par with Raven now. (Who has very good unclashable damage)
All of Grundy's chains are clash-able. double GR won't be used in a real match. I don't see how he can get to 60% with 20% dmg bonus (unclash-able)
Grundy got 100% corner resets, and 80% midscreen resets (inescapable, so it's a combo in some way)
Also one good bane once told me that Bane can get 70% combo full meter.
Lobo got a loooong way to go before he can outdamage Grundy and Bane.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Wouldn't argue he could be top 10, but not top 5. He still has some really rough matchups.

There is no doubt he was the most improved character though, definitely very dangerous now.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
All of Grundy's chains are clash-able. double GR won't be used in a real match. I don't see how he can get to 60% with 20% dmg bonus (unclash-able)
Grundy got 100% corner resets, and 80% midscreen resets (inescapable, so it's a combo in some way)
Also one good bane once told me that Bane can get 70% combo full meter.
Lobo got a loooong way to go before he can outdamage Grundy and Bane.
you read my post wrong.

I didn't mention his grabs outside of using power grab to get that damage later. Double GR is absolutely used in a real match. But I did not say his maximum unclashable damage would be entirely viable,

CommonNick

you read my post wrong.

I didn't mention his grabs outside of using power grab to get that damage later. Double GR is absolutely used in a real match. But I did not say his maximum unclashable damage would be entirely viable,
I didn't read it wrong, I just said why I don't understand why it's possible to get to 60% unclash-able, if you know please tell me.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Wouldn't argue he could be top 10, but not top 5. He still has some really rough matchups.

There is no doubt he was the most improved character though, definitely very dangerous now.
Who'd you say his bad matchups are now Ketchup?
Everyone has so much stuff to say about the new Lobo, but the matchup discussion is all over the place.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
He definitely went from zero to hero with this patch. Assuming we have KF, Aqua, MMH, WW, Zod in top 5, there are still a lot of top 10 contenders as well that may be placed against him. Probably top 15, maybe top 10. Game is very balanced now though. It's time to stop focusing on tier placement and start learning matchups. That's all that really matters.

CommonNick

He definitely went from zero to hero with this patch. Assuming we have KF, Aqua, MMH, WW, Zod in top 5, there are still a lot of top 10 contenders as well that may be placed against him. Probably top 15, maybe top 10. Game is very balanced now though. It's time to stop focusing on tier placement and start learning matchups. That's all that really matters.
Zero to hero lol

I wish there were some guides for certain MUs, MMH currently is my biggest weakness.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
A lot of his matchups are managable if the player has patience. That is my biggest issue right now. I still chase them like I don't have nuke shots. Once I load, I have to use their tendency to not hit a button to close the distance.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Who'd you say his bad matchups are now Ketchup?
Everyone has so much stuff to say about the new Lobo, but the matchup discussion is all over the place.
I actually haven't played loads of Injustice lately with a new job I recently got.

However, I did find that characters with really good zoning to still be a bit of a headache, characters like Zod for example. But other hard matchups like Shazam are now a lot more even given the trait buff.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I didn't read it wrong, I just said why I don't understand why it's possible to get to 60% unclash-able, if you know please tell me.
Oh, my bad. :)

With Power Chain active and double GR stacked, simply do MB SH, delay the MB b.3 (so that you get more GR ticks) and MB. F.3

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
There's no way Lobo is worse than Doomsday or Nightwing at this point. The other really likely candidates for top 10 characters come down to MMH, Zod, Superman, Adam, Frost, Flash, Lantern, Batgirl, Batman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman. I think Lobo stands a very fair shot of muscling his way past a couple of them in the tiers. If he's not top 10, then he's only just barely missed it.
Maybe Doomsday I'll give you that, but Nightwing really? He has much faster normals in escrima, decent damage an air projectile, a ground spike special, safe against a lot of characters in staff stance up close because of the speed and range. Do moderate speed 50/50 mix up's a grab starter and a high damage traited special really beat that? plus there's also Flash, Frost Aquaman, top 15 sure, top 10 doubtful

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Maybe Doomsday I'll give you that, but Nightwing really? He has much faster normals in escrima, decent damage an air projectile, a ground spike special, safe against a lot of characters in staff stance up close because of the speed and range. Do moderate speed 50/50 mix up's a grab starter and a high damage traited special really beat that? plus there's also Flash, Frost Aquaman, top 15 sure, top 10 doubtful
But Nightwing players themselves rate him as being dead average. He's as mid-tier as it gets by any metric. And the other three characters you named, I already listed. Twelve characters and he'd only have to be better than two in a matchup average sense. It wouldn't be impossible - probably not even hard.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
He's much better, a top tier character hardly. Everything that made him better this patch still needs meter and still needs some breathing room to set up traits. It's not like some idiot character that can just throw shit out over and over until it works. His normals are ok but nothing to brag about. If he's top 10 what about Zod and his bitch ghost, Martian Muff Hunter, Superdouche, Wonderwhore, Green Lanturd, Black Asshole, Derpsday, Nightwang, Buttgirl and Fatman. They are still all better than him.