What's new

1.06 Lobo Tier placing?

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
The patch has been out for a long while and us Lobonians have had some time with the new and improved Czarnian. At this point where do you think he is right now? Obviously he's the biggest buffed character in IGAU by FAR. I think he's a possible top 5, definite top 10.

>He has some of, if not the biggest damage in the game, getting 1 bar 50-60% midscreen and 45% meterless midscreen.
>Some of the best mixups in the game, a large amount of his block strings end in 3 way mixups that
you can MB to ensure another 3 way mixup.
>Best Forward Dash? Just like the Flash's but with low frames.
>One of the best antiairs, Standing 3 is very fast and has an amazing hitbox.
>28% Nuke Shells punish projectile attempts and can even keep out in certain matchups.
>Really Good Wakeup, which he can MB to get advantage.
>Power Character
>Best Unclashable Damage with 28% projectile and 42% MBb3>MBb3
>Great Oki

While he does have some high execution, I think he an easy top 5 candidate.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Still frequently underrated and comically underplayed at this point. I don't know how he's flying under the radar having jumped up so far. Playing Cage Redfield on patch day was enough to convince me that anyone who sleeps on Lobo now is going to be in for a lot of miserable surprises. He's top ten for sure.

At best, I think he's high-mid. At worst, he's mid-tier. He's really jumped up in terms of viability, but he still has his flaws. He can still get bulldog'd once the opponent gets in on him, he's still very meter reliant (imo) and other obvious things about the character. But having an actual wakeup that leads to my oki situation on hit/+ frames on block if I MB, an actual zoning game and an even better mix-up game really pushes him up a few rungs.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Lobo is top 5, Pig told me so.

I can't believe how broken they made this character. He beats everybody 8-2 with those blatantly OP nuke shells

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Now I may just be a poor farmboy and not one o' Dem fighting game pros, but I'd argue he's Top 10 (I think Upper Mid-Mid is a better description). His damage is insane and he actually had some good fixes, him and Bane are the only two I've seen people really happy with post 1.06.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Now just to be clear I've barely touched him since the patch, but the way I see it he's much better versus zoning but he still gets mopped up by people with a good up close game like Flash/batman and I'm sure armor still ruins his day as well. I can tell he got way better though probably high mid.

CommonNick

Europe, PSN: "CommonNick"
"if not the biggest damage in the game" seriously? Lobo<<<Bane<Grundy
With meter, he must be respected, with shells-feared.
So yeah, he's so much better than ever before. I hope someone will take him and bring down all the big names.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
His normals suck though. Agreed with the rest. Top 5? Dont think so. Top 10? Probably.

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
His normals suck though. Agreed with the rest. Top 5? Dont think so. Top 10? Probably.
I don't see a problem with his normals at all.
Standing 3 is a great anti-air, good to keep them in check and can cancel for a mixup.
2,1 is good for mixing up, b1 is a 10 frame low, his jumping attacks are fast. His d1 is good, just tricky to cancel from.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I don't see a problem with his normals at all.
Standing 3 is a great anti-air, good to keep them in check and can cancel for a mixup.
2,1 is good for mixing up, b1 is a 10 frame low, his jumping attacks are fast. His d1 is good, just tricky to cancel from.
The second hit of 12 whiffs up close most of the times. 21 mix ups can all be countered with MBxb3, except probably if Lobo does cancels 21 to MB chain charge. Standing 3 is good yes but the hit box it has is a bit strange. The second hit of B12 can be interrupted with MBxb3 IIRC. Also the second hit of 21 misses against certain characters hit boxes when its done up close. Lobo is solid, but not a top 5 material imo.

Zyos

Zyos aka Mr Mix ya Girl
Anyone link some high level lobo? Would love to see no lobos i've played are any good.

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
He is upper mid just outside of the big ones. He still has issues but the shotgun buff completely changed his game for the better. He also has some good matchups against the top tiers.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
not sure where he stand in the tier list, but he is the best rush down chracter imo.
can end combos with low or overhead, nuke shells, tick throws. the will have your guessing for days.
will he tick throw? go overhed? or mb air grab?

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
It all depends on what his bad matchups are now.

The top 5 have an average of 1 to 3 bad matchups. Anymore and he def can't be top 5.

The thing about nuked MB pump shots and how "good" they are is, you're wasting a bar and two trait shells. Like I said in my previous post, Lobo is meter reliant. His main combo-starter costs a bar. He has to use two bars if he wants to combo off his low string (B12, d1 has been confirmed to be a character specific, stance specific link. Don't give me no bullshit saying he has 1 bar combos off this string). Just randomly tossing this move out there is wasting both a bar and two shots of trait. You want to always have at least one trait shot/one bar at all times, so you can open someone up or keep certain zoners in check. It's like having an anti-fireball ultra in SF4: The opponent's gonna hesitate throwing fireballs at you, and you capitalize on that hesitation by going in.

Bottom 3 for sure

hes top 5, thats a fact
I'd like to hear why you both think he's that good/bad. I need a good laugh anyway.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
>Best Unclashable Damage with 28% projectile and 42% MBb3>MBb3
This is also wrong. Bane and Grundy have better damage in terms of damage itself. (Grundy having 60% unclashable mid screen if Power Chain is up with double GR and both having 70% transition combos)

In terms of actual viable damage Bane FAR surpasses everybody. For the same amount of bars + traits Bane gets 49% 3 bars and has 59-65% super links.

I would say in terms of unclashable damage he is on par with Raven now. (Who has very good unclashable damage)

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
He's much better, a top tier character hardly. Everything that made him better this patch still needs meter and still needs some breathing room to set up traits. It's not like some idiot character that can just throw shit out over and over until it works. His normals are ok but nothing to brag about. If he's top 10 what about Zod and his bitch ghost, Martian Muff Hunter, Superdouche, Wonderwhore, Green Lanturd, Black Asshole, Derpsday, Nightwang, Buttgirl and Fatman. They are still all better than him.