What's new

General/Other - Leatherface XL The LeatherRealm - Leatherface General Discussion Thread

XxDark_

Noob
aren't the new characters banned at final round? Thought I heard something about that.
the latest thing I heard was that they were going to allow dlc at final round. but could change depending on what people find

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Anyone else having issues with his Ground Sparks/Spinning Saw inputs?

I keep getting Ground Sparks (b,d+3) when I'm trying to do his Spinning Advancing Saw Spin (d,f+3). It might actually be 4 and not 3, but I'm not at home to check. I don't like the decision to make these moves so easy to get when you don't want them coming out. When I do a d,f motion, I tend to do a semi-half circle, which is getting his ground sparks when I don't want them.

Overall, I hate the b,d motion. It's very unnatural and it's enough to make me not want to play him.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
I dont care about F1. I think its main use is as a fast combo punish starter.
Close range is not the range for LDF. (except butcher).Midrange 50/50 is killer range ans long range for prettylady. In both variations for wake up,armor movement or to extend combos I prefer df4EX, hit twice and can continue with 22-bd4-.....
With this,pretty lady female problems with db2ex are solved

f24

Don't F*** with a God
Anyone else having issues with his Ground Sparks/Spinning Saw inputs?

I keep getting Ground Sparks (b,d+3) when I'm trying to do his Spinning Advancing Saw Spin (d,f+3). It might actually be 4 and not 3, but I'm not at home to check. I don't like the decision to make these moves so easy to get when you don't want them coming out. When I do a d,f motion, I tend to do a semi-half circle, which is getting his ground sparks when I don't want them.

Overall, I hate the b,d motion. It's very unnatural and it's enough to make me not want to play him.
are you using like analog stick or something?

I recommend using the d pad if you're not and also to train yourself to not slide for inputs. they're much more accurate and easier to do if you press each button individually. It is kind of hard to get used to, though.

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
Not trying to be condescending or a dick but you do know thats punishable on block right?
Yeah I know lol, I meant it as in if it opponent is in chip out range, especially with chip damage being better across the board

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Yeah I know lol, I meant it as in if it opponent is in chip out range, especially with chip damage being better across the board
Cool, make sense.

Heads up my Leatherface goons, if you want to punish Sektor for Lock-On Missiles in neutral you have to use Ex Low Saw or Ex Spinning Saw, any other options are inconsistent...

Last edited:

KanoBaII

Noob
these damn yolo frauds keep poking out of d1 and d3 on hit because butcher has no fucking mids. Bye leatherface, coming from a person who uses Kano, Jax, Johnny, and kotal, a shitty mid just won't cut it for me lol.

Last edited:

f24

Don't F*** with a God
these damn yolo frauds keep poking out of d1 and d3 on hit because butcher has no fucking mids. Bye leatherface
tremor has dealth with no mids for a very long time. leatherface has better tools than tremor now, too.

KanoBaII

Noob
tremor has dealth with no mids for a very long time. leatherface has better tools than tremor now, too.
I knew someone would mention tremor, but you know what tremor has that butcher doesnt? Zoning, setups and much safer mixups/pressure.

f24

Don't F*** with a God
I knew someone would mention tremor, but you know what tremor has that butcher doesnt? Zoning, setups and much safer mixups/pressure.
yeah i'm just salty about tremor. leatherface can have a mid if he wants.

i'm looking forward to trying leatherface out when i get my XL.

KanoBaII

Noob
If shotgun Jacqui did less damage , was unsafe but had stupid range, that's leatherface. Butcher at least

Steven_a

Light Bringer
lack of mids suck, im currently using standing 4 into sparks when punishing unsafe low profiling special moves
Depending how unsafe the move is, I usually use f3 since it has a little more reach than s3 for unsafe low profiling moves. i.e scorpion take down.

also s3 at tip range, sometimes either sparks will not hit or when you do f21d2, for some reason gives a lower bounce which can fuck up your combos if you're not ready for it.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
are you using like analog stick or something?

I recommend using the d pad if you're not and also to train yourself to not slide for inputs. they're much more accurate and easier to do if you press each button individually. It is kind of hard to get used to, though.
I play on stick. I don't slide if I'm doing something like a d+1 into d,f+1, but otherwise, I always roll the stick.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
How come Leather Face is a better zoning then Cyber? Yeah, I'll wait. :( not only that but Leather Face projectile are +8 damage then 12 on Ex. WTF, really! No cyber love.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Wazzup KanoBall i didn't know you were in TYM? I see you arguing all the time in random streams. LOL!

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Butcher is actually very safe in a lot of his strings.

Also, you have 3 as a mid(can tick into command grab on hit), you could use F4 as well. you have F3 as a low you could use to get people to stop hitting buttons, B1 which is also mid.

22 into OH bop is +2 and a true blockstring. F21,d2 is safe as well.

Butcher has options.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Why can´t we have an official and unique combo thread for Leatherface?
I think there are 5 or 6 threads of combos,vortex,etc... I think we need to have a general discussion one, three for each variation and only one for combos.
Then ,other stuff like brutalities, glichs, whatever... can be separate from the other 5 important threads.
I think it will be easier to find the info with this forum structure...It´s only my opinion :)

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Does it make anybody else frustrated that he has so many specials involving 4 :confused: I mean, I will try to go for the sparks and I get the spin. I go for the spin, and I get the sparks sometimes. Plus when I practice with butcher he has a command grab with 4. Its probably just me though. I can be sloppy with execution.