What's new

XB-ONE to be tournament standard for MKX (likely)

The standard should be PC. Virtually no frame dips unlike consoles.
Only IF if you have quality specs AND the port is properly optimized. NRS and High Voltage have an extremely spotty record on that front. Injustice is basically unplayable for me at the lowest settings and I've got a gtx 770.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
To everyine that says get an adapter. Currently to my knowledge there is only 1 converter for xbone but I believe it's banned from tournaments due to the original converter made for 360 that had issues
@Shock @Mikemetroid is the Cronus Max for xbone (not 360) still banned or has it been tested. I need to know so I can order it finally for KI (&maybe mkx) at kombat network events? I know @DarKNaTaS has it and has had no issues when he played KI but he's playing online 1 player. We both played a bit on my xbone and I didn't notice any issues for my controller.
Looking forward to your responses as I am about to order this finally heh.

I also think most TOs would prefer mkx on xbone so they don't have to buy a ps4 yet however I doubt they know which is best yet. If they didn't know the 360, ps3 & pc version are being done by someone else I doubt they know xbone is the system that plays mkx best. I honestly don't care which version plays better as I am going to get mkx on pc and more then likely on xbone and ps4. Just not sure if I am going to buy it for all 3 or just wait until an ultimate version drops and buy it for xbone or ps4 at launch. Knowing me I will order all 3 and get mad later heh.

Oh and why no one is asking some TOS have they decided @CEO Jebailey @BigE @ShinBlanka have u guys as TOs made a decision yet on what system mkx is going to be played on. I doubt u have but I wanted to tag u all because u should of been tagged imo by the original poster.

If one of these tos respond close this fan boy thread please TYM illuminati. I mean mods :p lol dam auto correct ha

Last edited:

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Only IF if you have quality specs AND the port is properly optimized. NRS and High Voltage have an extremely spotty record on that front. Injustice is basically unplayable for me at the lowest settings and I've got a gtx 770.
True. It needs to be a decent port at best. The hassle of figuring those two out are probably why the move hasn't been done yet.

Still though...

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
@Vandy as of right now which console are you leaning towards for MKX? I'm not making this a console debate as much as I'm curious which is more convenient?

SkaGoogle

Tailgates & Tan-lines !
don't see why it really matters With the new unreal engine 3 both will run at 60 frames. So it just comes down to what is more available at each tournament.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
don't see why it really matters With the new unreal engine 3 both will run at 60 frames. So it just comes down to what is more available at each tournament.
It matters to me because I love MK and I really want to start traveling to some majors, which means I want to be prepared and use to the product they have on hand.

Levaranoia

War God
Sure, it could run well but why wouldn't you run the best version? The PS3 runs games well but, for the most part, they're CLEARLY the inferior versions as they have framedrops and lower resolutions. Sure, they're the same 60FPS for fighters that the 360 boasts, so it runs well, but the problems of slowdowns and other crap is evident. Why settle for "well" when a superior, just as accessible version would be available (more than likely)?
Only reason that games ran worse on ps3 is because the 360 held it back. Literally when games were developed on the ps3 first they always ran good. Porting screwed the ps3 over.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Only reason that games ran worse on ps3 is because the 360 held it back. Literally when games were developed on the ps3 first they always ran good. Porting screwed the ps3 over.

The PS3 was harder for developers to code for, MUCH HARDER. Some devs, like Bethesda, ran into a myriad of problems and required several patches just to get things in working order (look up Skyrim on PS3). Sony in house devs only had to focus on that machine meaning ALL their efforts could be focused on the PS3 instead of split between 360/PS3/PC. It's not a matter of the 360 holding devs back, it's a matter of the PS3 putting up walls during development.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
how on earth would the mkx run better on xbone? i don't think there are any games that run better on the xbone than ps4. i think it's too early to tell because the game's not even finished/optimized, but if you watch that 45 minute mkx video from brazil, it looked like cassie's xray was slower than the rest, and maybe quan's looked a little slow compared to his trailer. but they kept switching between consoles because of controller batteries getting low.

mk9 had slower xrays on ps3. it didn't look that bad because you could more closely see bones breaking, but the framerate still dropped like hell. i don't expect this to happen on the ps4, but i wouldn't be surprised if it happens on the xbone or if the devs intentionally decrease the framerate for xrays to 30 on xbone.

If they didn't know the 360, ps3 & pc version are being done by someone else I doubt they know xbone is the system that plays mkx best.
are you saying NRS is making the ps4+xbone version and the other 3 are being ported by a different company?

The PS3 was harder for developers to code for, MUCH HARDER. Some devs, like Bethesda, ran into a myriad of problems and required several patches just to get things in working order (look up Skyrim on PS3). Sony in house devs only had to focus on that machine meaning ALL their efforts could be focused on the PS3 instead of split between 360/PS3/PC. It's not a matter of the 360 holding devs back, it's a matter of the PS3 putting up walls during development.
ps3 was designed to be difficult to develop for in an attempt to prolong the console's life and make sure that games would look better over time as the devs learned how to develop for it, but they ended up favoring the more familiar 360 and ps3 got stuck with all the crappy ports. sony fixed this horrenoud defect with the ps4. the xbox and ps consoles have switched places in that regard.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Pointless thread. I call bullshit untill an actual developer confirms this. So far 99% of multiplatforms run better on PS4 so I dont see why MK should be different.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Who are these people who have had access to MKX on both XB1 and PS4?
Max, and the one guy (honestly can't remember his name) who did the interview with the developer and specifically asked why it seemed that the PS4 version ran better and was given the "I can't comment on that" answer.