What's new

XB-ONE to be tournament standard for MKX (likely)

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Yeah, this sounds weird. The game is 6 months out which means that it's not even close to done, let alone optimized for either console. Even if it runs better now, which I sincerely doubt, there's no telling which one will be superior release date. This shouldn't be decided until after the game is out so we don't get stuck with an inferior version because it ran better on that system 6 months ago.

Edit: Also, if MKX was running better on XBO, then why is it always on PS4 on floors even at non-Sony events? NRS/WB doesn't appear to have any co-marketing or exclusive deal like with Arkham Knight so why not showcase your game in the best light by having it on the console that runs the best?

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Who is "they?" Who are your sources that claim the PS4 version is superior? I can smell b.s. a mile away.

I'll say there's a better chance the PS4 version is superior as the vast majority of multiplats have been better on PS4 (higher resolution/framerate, less frame drops, no screen tearing, etc), that's not to say that the XBO version WON'T be the better one because that has happened as well but PS4 is likely the console-standard for this generation of fighters beyond anything XBO exclusive.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I'll say there's a better chance the PS4 version is superior as the vast majority of multiplats have been better on PS4 (higher resolution/framerate, less frame drops, no screen tearing, etc), that's not to say that the XBO version WON'T be the better one because that has happened as well but PS4 is likely the console-standard for this generation of fighters beyond anything XBO exclusive.
I'd imagine it shouldn't be too hard to get a fighting game to run well on the XBO. As I've stated, I have seen a TO mention the possibility of XBO being used at his tournament. It could change. I honestly do not care either way. I'm sure there are converters and such people can use.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I'd imagine it shouldn't be too hard to get a fighting game to run well on the XBO. As I've stated, I have seen a TO mention the possibility of XBO being used at his tournament. It could change. I honestly do not care either way. I'm sure there are converters and such people can use.

Sure, it could run well but why wouldn't you run the best version? The PS3 runs games well but, for the most part, they're CLEARLY the inferior versions as they have framedrops and lower resolutions. Sure, they're the same 60FPS for fighters that the 360 boasts, so it runs well, but the problems of slowdowns and other crap is evident. Why settle for "well" when a superior, just as accessible version would be available (more than likely)?

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
i honestly dont think they aren't going to decide based on which console runs (very slightly) better, as opposed to which console the majority of the community plays on. look at the tourney monitors, 90% of venues use the ASUS VH236 (the EVO) monitor, even though BenQ makes a superior monitor (which MLG uses) for a comparable price. the ASUS just sells better and is more popular.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Sure, it could run well but why wouldn't you run the best version? The PS3 runs games well but, for the most part, they're CLEARLY the inferior versions as they have framedrops and lower resolutions. Sure, they're the same 60FPS for fighters that the 360 boasts, so it runs well, but the problems of slowdowns and other crap is evident. Why settle for "well" when a superior, just as accessible version would be available (more than likely)?
I never said the superior version shouldn't be chosen. It in fact should be chosen, which is why I mentioned converters. I just feel like this is going to turn into some kind of fanboy thread.

I'm simply repeating what I've read a T.O. actually post. He mentioned possibly having it on the 360 until people pointed out that another team is doing the ps3/360 version.

Also, who is to say a tournament has to have K.I. and MKX running at the same time? There are such things as schedules.
And schedules dictate they'd need to be run at the same time, because again, you literally cannot finish one game off for the day and have time left to finish the next.
Even a 30-50 man KI tourny is going to take half the day to do, and MK is likely to have 100 or more entrants, at least for several months after launch.
You wanna try running that down to top 16/8 starting at 5-6 at night and ending before dawn?

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
And schedules dictate they'd need to be run at the same time, because again, you literally cannot finish one game off for the day and have time left to finish the next.
Even a 30-50 man KI tourny is going to take half the day to do, and MK is likely to have 100 or more entrants, at least for several months after launch.
You wanna try running that down to top 16/8 starting at 5-6 at night and ending before dawn?
idk. regardless of which console is used im sure ppl will get converters. i can care less which console is used as long as its the best one for the game.

F4tal

Noob
Lol just because one T.O. said this doesn't mean XB1 is going to be tournament standard. They even debuted the game at E3 on the PS4 so how is that the XB1 is automatically decided to be the console of choice? If anything, let the game come out before deciding what console it will be better on because nobody, especially that dumbass T.O. doesn't know what console the game runs better on.

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
You really need to change the title of this thread, it's pretty misleading.

Also, fuck Xbone and Microsoft with a rusty screwdriver.
XB-one to be tournament standard (maybe..... Maybe not, definitely either XB-one or PS4 though..... I think) How's that sound? :) either way as far as my local scene is concerned (Dallas area) this is confirmed. Just speculating that this may also affect other scenes.

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
Has anyone successfully tri-modded a PS4 controller into a previous gen arcade stick?

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
"Or playing the system." Just a personal choice. I'm choosing to not support Xbox as a company. I'm more interested in how different the Next Gen versions of the game will be different from the current gen.
Im sure your boycott will have a huge impact on the 'xbox company'